Use this space to cheer the creator along, and talk to your fellow backers.
Have a question?
Got mine today!!!!!!
Great book!!!! I taught it would be autographed by Larry Elmore, but as the previous comments, I definitely happy to have my book, since for all your trouble, I wouldn’t have bet on the realization of that kickstart!!!!
Big thx!!!!! I’ll wait for the others books!!!
Hurray ! Oh Frabjous joy !
I got my book today
looks pretty good too. Will have something epic to read this week end
That's great news (Maybe the next book includes the Larry autograph ... this time there wasn't any ... but that's ok with me, I'm not the "autograph hunter type of guy" ... though I do own a Gibson Les Paul with Les' autograph ...).
Thanks for the comment, Stefan! We're glad you like the book and must apologize again for taking way too long... As for your question, yes, we definitely plan to get rest of the books printed, from Bestiary and Codex Mysterium all the way to New Vinnengael, ASAP. As I mentioned before, there are items we might not be able to offer as originally promised, such as the paperback novels (the publisher Harper-Collins has been unresponsive so far), but we'll refund any portion we can't fulfill. Thanks, everybody, for sticking with us, and we hope to get you your stuff soon!
My book arrived today. It has been a long, long wait ... and for Tony probably an even longer, harder road. Has it been worth it? From my point of view, the answer is a loud and clear OH YES! It's a beautiful book with great illustrations and some very interesting ideas. Love it.
Which of course brings me to a very tentative question: Will the other books that were originally planned be made, too, or will the core book be the only "analog" book and for all other things we should use the PDFs which we already got? Of course, I would like real books, but I could more than fully understand if Tony said "no, sorry, not possible".
Be the answer what it may ... I consider this Kickstarter after all a success and worth backing. Thank you.
many thanks, I'm really looking forward to it too
That's ok. Personal Problems always come first.
Very sorry about the delay. James of Cellbloc's ran into a string of personal problems lately, which made it hard for us to communicate. But I'm told I should have something substantial later today for a shipping update, and I'll post as soon as I get it.
I have to admit, I'm getting a tiny bit impatient. The PDFs I've received all are very nice and that made waiting for the printed book easier (we are only talking about the core rules, not even about the other books that were meant to be printed). But now that the books were delivered in the US months ago, I was hoping RoW would also see them this year (four years late ... which would still be ok in my book given that we got the PDFs, updates and given the problematic history of the project).
Originally it was said in August that shipping would happen after Gen Con, then it was said that it would happen after Dragon Con ... then the books just needed labels to ship ... have they been shipped by now (i.e. almost three weeks later)?
I've been told that the books have now been packed and needed just labels to ship, so I sent the mailing info. I'll check in a few days for progress.
Thanks, I'm interested as well.
There may be some sort of technical problem over at Cellbloc Studios that's holding up the shipping. I will check again and find out when it's expected to ship. Thanks!
Any news for European backers?
All foreign hardcover Core Rules will be signed, one way or another (in person or autographed sticker). But if you can catch him at a con, he'll be happy to sign just about anything with his name on it :)
Hm ... Larry is attending? Guess it's much too much to ask him to sign the books? ;)
The original plan was to send the foreign orders after Gen Con, but since Dragon Con was just a couple weeks after that in Cellbloc's backyard (Atlanta) and Larry is also attending (plus perhaps a foreign backer or two who can pick it up there), we decided to hold the shipping off until after, so it should start going out in the next two weeks. I will update asap once I have confirmation the books have been sent.
What's new ? I mean I understand what you said, but at this point I would not mind paying the extra and getting the book.
It's on hold as I try to get stuff out. The book is in final editing, but still got cartography and typesetting to go after that. I'll at least put up a complete albeit plain draft (without illos or maps) in PDF here for preview when editing is done.
How is New Vinnangael coming along, anyway?
It is all about shipping, unfortunately. While we could have copies printed at the printer's local branches abroad and save on shipping, they so far seem to want to charge us for each copy individually (since we have to order each individually), thus jacking the price back up... It's upward of $30 each to ship anywhere outside US (except Canada, which is about $15 per) for the "ship them ourselves" option, not to mention possibly paying customs fee on your end. While your offer is much, much appreciated, we really can't accept this in good conscience, since you already paid for shipping. We are weighing different options, including refunding money so you can use it to order print copies through outlets like DriveThruRPG, but this, I suspect, will be the last resort. It's more likely we will try to speak to the printer first and see if we can work out a deal, assuming they are responsive, and fulfill the foreign orders ASAP. Thanks!
Hi, so how about foreign orders ? If it is about the shipping, I am willing to pay extra, no worries
My Core Rules arrived in the mail today :) I can't wait to sit down and get immersed in this world once again. Definitely worth the wait. I look forward to when the Bestiary and Magic Codex are completed :) Thank you.
I had almost forgotten how much I loved this world :). I've moved to 5E, but this book will still get consumed cover to cover :)
Got my book today! Just opened it, but at first glance it looks great!
The Core Rules for all domestic orders have gone out yesterday (Friday, June 10) via media mail, so give it a couple weeks to reach you here in the States. Foreign orders right now look to be problematic, but we'll navigate and try to find the best route for everyone. Thanks!
What is the update?
I'm hoping to have an update soon regarding Core Rules, once I've talked to Cellbloc Studios about the backer list sent and some minor issues (such as autograph plates for foreign orders).
Any update as to when the books will be sent? Feb 5, 2017... I spent $250 and 3+ years is a long time to wait... Thanks.
Good morning and Happy New Year to you, as well! Just either message me here at Kickstarter or email me at tmlee15-at-gmail.com about your new address and I'll take care of it. Unfortunately, it might be a bit too late for upgrade, but let me check with Cellbloc Studios to make sure. Thanks!
Good Morning Tony,
I hope all is well with you and your New Year has been pleasant thus far. I was hoping you could point me in the correct direction for updating my survey with my current mailing address. Finally I assume all pledge levels are locked at this time, but I figured I would ask if it is possible to upgrade to the Champion level from the Hero. I completely understand if this is not possible at this time. Thank you again for your perseverance.
Yes, we're still planning on having books printed at the plant nearest to backers, wherever that may be. We'll mail out signed autograph sticky plates (with number for limited hardcovers) separately, so it's kinda like a DIY for foreign orders.
To avoid custom and Import fees for Europeans (for example), you planned to have the books printed in Europe? That could make getting them signed a bit difficult ... For my part I'm willing to forgo any signing / numbering, though a signed card by Larry would be very nice.
Sorry, just got back in town. Just the Core Rules at the moment, as we still need to find out if other books have the same layout problem. We will number the hardcovers and have them signed by Larry Elmore at the very least. Thanks!
Will all the books be ready at one time? Or is there more of a delay for the Hero/Champion level backer? Everything still signed and numbered as posted? Thanks.
As mentioned in previous updates, I'm leery about posting estimations now to avoid letdown... Suffice to say we are working on it and about to get into the get-a-galley-proof stage. I'll definite post update when it's at the printers for sure, and when the Core Rules are ready to ship out. Thanks!
So we're now three years past the estimated delivery date; do we know how much longer it's going to be?
Congratulations, you are now the latest KS project due me. I am a huge fan and I am hoping that it will come to fruition by next year.
Great to hear, because I still want those books ;)
Hi Stefan (and all Foreign Backers),
Yes, that's the plan all along, to print foreign orders in an European (or Australian, or Canadian, or South American) plant and ship from there, so you don't pay anything more. The backup plan is to go through a professional fulfillment house. I, for one, will fight to NOT have you pay any more than you did when you pledged.
Quite some time ago it was said that shipping to Germany (for example) would happen from Britain, which would mean no additional taxes and custom fees (as long as Britain is still part of the EU). Has this changed? Because if yes and shipment happens from the US, I will have to pay additional fees and I'm not sure that - after such a long time (no active Pathfinder group at the moment) - I want to do that.
Final quarter of 2106 is ballpark figure. Production is pretty much out of my hands right now. If I had no help at all, you probably would've gotten it a bit earlier, since I did get a proof copy (a photo was posted in an update back in May, I believe), but then the quality would suffer since the printer made the cover too dark and other problems I wouldn't be able to correct alone (at least not with the printer not answering emails and calls at all).
I'm refraining to discuss any date or tentative general schedule we set, because I really want to make sure it really goes and everything's good this time. I'll post news on progress when I can, but I'd much prefer you guys something solid like "Core Rules is in print!" and "It will start shipping XXX date!" than an eventual letdown.
Thank you and everyone else for hanging in there!
so it sounds like before the end of this year we will be seeing the core rule book in hard cover or is that a guess right now, nothing against just tiring to get an idea when we could expect it. I also know you have been working on thing so and keeping us updated on it all, so thank you for that
We're waiting for our co-publisher Cellbloc to finally clear up their schedule so they can get last stage of production done and send the book to the printer. At this point, Cellbloc is handling the production of hardcopy books, and they've been super-busy with their own releases. But from our discussion, it should get rolling in last quarter of 2016. (We did set a target date, but I'd rather not announce it until I'm sure we'll hit it.)
I'm also working with Larry on some of the campaign fulfillment that were surprises to both of us (see the most recent Update for details). Anything I'm unable to fulfill, I will provide either suitable replacement or appropriate refund (or combination thereof).
What is the status for the campaign? Any update? Thanks!
No idea about the Word doc (always saw creators using dropbox or something similar for Word docs).
On the one hand, I'm glad that you're trying to finish this (thanks for doing this) ... on the other hand it sounds like a lot more waiting ... oh well, it's not like I haven't got other things to do (looks at his box with unpainted miniatures).
This is kinda embarrassing, but does anyone know how to attach a Word doc in an Kickstarter Update (or if that's possible)? I'd like to upload a chapter or two of the New Vinnengael for backers as an attachment, but couldn't find any way to do that...
Apologies for not having enough yet to do a meaningful Update. I would divulge, though, that a couple months back, around March, I entertained the thought of just throwing in the towel and refunding everybody, hence my somewhat cryptic comment then... But I changed my mind after a talk with James over at Cellbloc, so I'll keep trying to hammer this baby through. Admittedly, this will take a lot of time and Cellbloc has their own projects that are always rightfully going to be their priority, so I once again thank you for your patience and support! (And if you don't feel like waiting and want out, just let me know and we'll work out some sort of a refund schedule.)
Sorry for not having Update yet... The tax season slowed me as well as our friends and co-publishers at Cellbloc Studios a bit since Uncle Sam wants his money. They're getting back on track, but I'm leaving tomorrow (Friday, April 22) to hopefully finish taking care of everything overseas, and won't be available till next Thursday (April 27). Should have some sort of Update soon thereafter. Given the Internet access or possible lack thereof, I might be incommunicado in the meantime, so please be patient if you can't get a hold of me. Thanks!
Good to hear ... will be a long week then ;)
I'm hoping to have an update in a week or so, and also happily reporting that the situation doesn't look to be as ominous or gloomy as I have thought in my previous comment :)
Somehow that sounds a bit ominous. Hope I'm wrong ...