Becoming the Hero we are always meant to be...
Our story takes place inside an original cartridge game we like to call, THE HERO OF RAZZAQ! (Loosely based on classic 80's & 90's video games such as The Legend of Zelda and Pokémon Red and Blue Versions) However, this isn't your normal "hero fights bad guy" story...
What happens to a video game that never gets played? Does the Hero ever fight the Villain, save the Princess or bring balance to the kingdom? THE FORGOTTEN PIXELS tells the story of a famous 80's gaming hero, Valden, who lives inside of a video game cartridge that has never been played. Having never left the First Level, (or even knowing that he is inside of a video game to begin with) he has been unable to journey into the vast Kingdom to fulfill his programmed destiny. But because of his absence, strange things have been happening to the Kingdom and to the game itself! Valden begins his journey, along with his new companions and friends, to explore the kingdom and become the Hero were was always meant to be!
We need YOUR help to continue our Quest...
With our amazing and hard working team of artists and writers, THE FORGOTTEN PIXELS has been in pre-production for about seven months. We have finished story treatments, character designs, graphics, storyboards, and even (a few) musical cues. We did everything that we could with all the resources that we had at our disposal to bring THE FORGOTTEN PIXELS to life! But now we need YOUR help so that we can continue our Quest!
To make sure we produce the best quality animated story, we need to properly hire our team of artists and animators so that we can finally start production on the principal animation. This ranges from various concept artists, storyboard artists, 2D animators, and 3D modelers. Without sacrificing the visual style, we want to make sure we have the "best of the best" working on making our characters and worlds come to life!
Also any pledge you can make towards THE FORGOTTEN PIXELS will help pay the incredibly talented live musicians we've assembled from around the world to be featured as a cohesive, human element on what might otherwise be an album based on "replicated" orchestral sounds.
Check out this teaser video that plays two samples from our album--the heroic arrangement Valden's Theme, and the adventurous score TFP Suite:
But of course there is something we would like to give you as well! Along with ensuring that THE FORGOTTEN PIXELS "animation" and "soundtrack" come to life, your pledges will also bring you a bunch of unique and awesome rewards!!
With YOUR help and contributions, we can finally make our dream project a reality! We have so many amazing ideas, lovable characters, amazing creatures, and very rich worlds to explore with you! We are excited to finally bring our project to the next level so that we all can journey into the world of THE FORGOTTEN PIXELS!
Who are the minds behind this project...
We are a team of artists, composers, writers, editors, and actors...but mostly gamers! We all grew up loving and playing video games, and it's always been our dream to create our own gaming world. With THE FORGOTTEN PIXELS, our dreams have finally come true!
- CHRIS PAVLOU (Creator/Director/Executive Producer) - Most of Chris' work can be found on his YouTube channel, ChrisCrossMedia, which is in affiliation with Maker Studios. Chris has produced 500+ videos and has entertained over twenty million viewers across the globe with his various cartoon shorts, skits, and gaming related entertainment!
- BRAXTON BURKS (Composer) - Braxton is a young composer with a deep and influential appreciation of video games and film scores. In addition to composition, he is known for his roles as creator of the project Pokémon Reorchestrated and the sole producer and arranger behind the chart-topping 'Kanto Symphony', a lush, cinematic album of orchestral music from Pokémon Red and Blue.
- DANIEL ÅKERMAN (Screenwriter/Producer) - More known as Hombre de Mundo, the infamous webmaster of Zelda Universe (the world's largest Zelda fan community)! You can find most of his work in forms of youtube videos, podcasts, articles and last but not least, as the lead game designer of his very own Zelda fangame called Timeless Haven which is still in development.
- JANICE SCOTT (Lead Art Director) - Also known as Eternal Legend, has been working as a graphic artist at Zelda Universe and also runs her own deviantart page. Her work has been seen around the world and has also created unofficial artwork for Theophany's latest remix album, Time's End: Majora's Mask Remixed.
- ALEXIS YORDON (Voice Actress/Screenwriter/Lead Creature Desginer) - Alexis is an aspiring actor, voice over actress, and writer who's been featured in a variety of short films and theatre productions. She brings a very unique set of creative talents to the project and is currently a BFA Acting candidate at Northern Illinois University.
- BRANDON SPECHT (Director of Photography) - Brandon is an Orlando based director, educator, artist and graphic designer. Most of his video work can be seen on the FamiFlashMedia's YouTube channel. He's also a frequent contributor on Famicom Flashbacks’. Him along with his colleagues have put together a variety of media for the purpose of keeping retro gaming alive!
- JUSTIN SILVERMAN (Creative Consultant) - Justin is an independent filmmaker from the Philadelphia Area who graduated top of his class at Rutgers University (where he dual majored in 3D animation and film). He’s worked on featured and independent movies, at NFL Films in the editorial department, and currently works on several popular web shows such as Underbelly and Silvermania. He's well versed in video games, anime, classic cartoons, and pop culture.
- SEBASTIAN SCHONDORF (Designer/Storyboard Artist) - Sebastian is an art student from Germany as well as a freelance artists, designer and pixel artist. He is the lead artists of Zelda Universe’s official fan game “Timeless Haven”, which is currently still in development. His artworks have been shown in several exhibitions in Germany. He is also one of the admins of the MSPA Wiki.
I would also like to mention the amazing artistic contributions from Aron Keyser and Ebba Edenström, who have created amazing art that bring life and depth to Razzaq. Also Matt Kowynia, Alex Wicks, Nevarky, Nate Sylvia and Kevin Pavlou for their help, advice, and incredible contributions to the project!
We THANK YOU...
We are so honored for your help and contributions to THE FORGOTTEN PIXELS. Without you all, this project wouldn't have life, adventure, or longevity! If you have any questions regarding the project, feel free to message us or follow us on our various social media outlets. THANKS AGAIN, and "Press Start To Continue"!
Follow us on...
Risks and challenges
We are all looking forward to a number of new challenges that will come with this project. It won't be an easy task but we wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for our amazing and collaborative team.
Having worked seven months on pre-production, we have a pretty good understanding and scheduled timetable of completing certain tasks and objectives. Some obstacles we could face along the road is the fact that some of the team members work off-site and in different locations. We have been good about keeping communicated with one another and consistently giving updates as to where we stand on the project.
As with all projects, there can be a lot of unpredictable things such as loosing data and equipment problems. However, we are always making sure to back-up everything we have through external drives and other various means to ensure that nothing we work on gets destroyed or lost!
With any problems we face, we always make sure to handle it with profession and patience to solve it. Our hearts and dedication are in this project, and we feel that there isn't an obstacle that will keep us from making the best quality animation that we can possibly produce.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)