It's been way too long since I've posted. I wanted to let you all know I'm still working on it.
Since the last update I've added:
- Menus / options
- Cooldown bar to prevent too many pixels
- Kids mode (basic version, more work to do)
- Popup text for element pickups / minor animation & color flashing
- A hud element that shows your current element
- Fixes for falling through the world
- Fixes for the build not running on certain computers without permissions
- Pixel sounds (though they need work)
- A few more elements
- A script to quickly make new builds
I've also made the decision to release the source and content for Pixel Sand, in the hopes that anyone who would be willing to help with development could. I'm going to keep working on the game every week as I've been doing, but I could use programming assistance to wrap it up.
The source code is located here:
The content (levels, art, sounds, etc) is here (run SetContentPathToHere.bat):
I will also be focusing on the Sandbox, as a few of the users expressed the want for the classic style sandbox (like the original alpha, but better). I could definitely use assistance in this area.
Thanks everyone for your support.