About this project
For generations, the world of Nevera has been a dark and shattered place. Long ago, a great number of wizards, magicians and sorcerers, discovered powers over life and death. Consuming and corrupting, the use of these abilities devastated the land, and those who wielded them were called, Necromancers.
Many used these powers to seek tyranny, destruction and immortality, by the most terrible means. Horrendous wars were fought, alliances forged and territories claimed, irreparably misshaping the world. Now, hordes of undead roam the land like wild beasts, and more Necromancers than ever pursue even greater power.
With the game of Nevera Wars players become the necromancers and summon various undead minions to battle their opponents, using a vast array of abilities and ascending their minions into more powerful forms. This is a Kickstarter Campaign to produce the core game, which will be released as a complete core set with expansion decks as stretch goals are hit.
What Makes it Special
We are undermining the usual stumbling blocks of deck construction games to give you a satisfying, competitive and varied experience:
- All minion cards can be played face down as resources, meaning there is no possibility of resource screw or flood.
- Minions have the abilities and spells, so players are always able to take actions on their turn.
- No rare or under-powered cards; every card is designed to be competitive and viable.
- You can summon a minion, ascend it, and use its abilities in the same turn for big comebacks.
- Shift play style any time, harass your opponent, buff yourself, or just deliver a big swing!
Risk and Reward
- Ascending a minion will increase its power, but will be worth more points to your opponent.
- Placing a card face down as a resource will increase your options now, but will be one less minion to fight for you later in the game.
- Do you play several cheaper abilities with risks attached, or fewer expensive abilities with sure outcomes?
Art and Inspiration
- Nevera Wars has a very particular aesthetic, designed to be dark but not muddy, horrific but not gory, and haunting but human.
- Visual influences include Dark Souls, Castlevania, Legacy of Kain, Lovecraft, Guillermo del Toro.
- An important design philosophy has been to make our illustrations inclusive and representative of the diverse individuals they might have been in life.
Set Up: Each player constructs a deck of 36 minion cards, and sets up 6 damage cards and one D6. The player who has first turn draws 6 cards, the opposing player draws 7 cards.
Objective: Destroy 9 of your opponent's minion cards. If minion cards are stacked and the stack is destroyed, each card counts individually.
Turn: Turn upright any energy cards that are rotated from the previous turn. Then you may do any of these actions in any order.
For $39 You Receive (plus all lower tiers)
For your super support you should have a super reward. For backing at this level you will receive-
- Six Kickstarter Exclusive Damage Trackers
- One Kickstarter Exclusive Die
- Two Postcard sized prints of Minions of Your Choice
- A physical copy of the Nevera Tales comic book sent immediately after the campaign is over
- All unlocked expansion decks (see details in our Stretch Goals)
In 2016 we successfully Kickstarted, printed, and delivered the Nevera Tales comic book. A fantasy horror comic set in the world of Nevera, illustrated by Marek Jarocki. We will send the comic book as soon as the Kickstarter campaign for Nevera Wars is complete so you have something to enjoy right away!
For $59 You Receive (plus all lower tiers)
Original Unique Art
For a little more support for Nevera Wars, you will receive an original postcard sized piece of art by Marek Jarocki (illustrator of Nevera Tales Comic Book). Something truly special and unique to thank you for your support.
All unlocked expansion decks will be included with the $19 and higher reward tiers.
Designer - Daniel Bishop
Daniel was born in New Zealand, raised in England and now lives in California. He graduated with a BA in Philosophy and Creative Writing, and now teaches at a public elementary school. Raised on a healthy diet of video games, movies, books and comics, Daniel loves to create stories and find new ways to tell them.
Illustrator - Matheus Graef (website)
Matheus is a Brazilian digital illustrator who was raised on tabletop games and video game modding. He is passionate about the power of storytelling and emotion through fantasy illustration, and he loves the challenge of combining real world references with fantasy themes to create epic but concrete scenes.
Layout - Jovial Graphics & Games
Shipping inside the United States is free for any reward tier.
Shipping outside the United States IS $10 for any reward tier.
Risks and challenges
Last year we ran a successful Kickstarter campaign to produce a comic book set in the same fictional world as Nevera Wars. This gave us a ton of experience and allowed us to learn a great deal about production and fulfillment. That campaign has now been successfully fulfilled.
Regarding production, the materials needed for the game are very simple and we have quotes for producing the complete game.
Regarding fulfillment, we have checked the prices to send the game to various countries and are confident that there will be no foreseeable issue.
I have a full time stable career, and so if any obstacles, challenges or unpleasant surprises that occur I will be able to overcome them with my own income.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)