Nevera Duels: A Necromancer Deck Construction Game
A deck construction card game set in a world of necromancers and undead (previously titled Nevera Wars).
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Thu, November 1 2018 6:59 AM UTC +00:00.
With the game of Nevera Duels players become the necromancers and summon powerful undead minions to battle their opponents, using an array of abilities and ascending their minions into more powerful forms.
This is a Kickstarter Campaign to produce the core game, which will be released as a complete core set with expansion packs as stretch goals are hit.
What Makes it Special
- Undermining usual stumbling blocks of deck construction games to give players a satisfying, competitive and varied experience.
- All minion cards can be played face down as resources, meaning there is no possibility of resource screw or flood.
- Minions have the abilities and spells, so players are always able to take actions even with no cards in hand.
- No rare or under-powered cards; every card is designed to be competitive and viable.
- Players can summon a minion, ascend it, and use its abilities in the same turn for big comebacks.
- Shift play style any time; harass your opponent, buff yourself, or just deliver a big swing!
Risk and Reward
- Ascending a minion will increase its power, but will be worth more points to your opponent if destroyed.
- Placing a card face down as a resource will increase your options now, but will be one less minion to fight for you later in the game.
- Do you play several cheaper abilities with risks attached, or fewer expensive abilities with sure outcomes?
Art and Inspiration
- Nevera Duels is designed to be dark but not muddy, horrific but not gory, and haunting but human.
- Visual influences include Dark Souls, Castlevania, Legacy of Kain, Lovecraft, Guillermo del Toro.
- Our design philosophy has been to make our illustrations inclusive and representative of the diverse individuals they might have been in life.
Unfiltered Gamer- A very solid straightforward card game... For me personally I really do enjoy the game, and I've definitely pulled it out a couple of times even after our play-testing session... We really enjoy the dark artwork as well as the mechanic that makes energy a static form of currency preventing flooding and screw.
Cloak and Meeple- If you like [deck construction games], it does some of the things that they do in an interesting and unique way... this is fantastic, it’s really easy to play right out of the box... the art on this game is also fantastic.
Logan Chops- It's a fast fun easy game to play [...] it's interesting and engaging.
Objective: Destroy eight of your opponent's cards.
Setup: Create a deck of 36 cards, first player draws six cards and second player draws seven cards.
Start Phase: Turn upright and expended Energy Cards
Main Phase: In any order you may...
- Draw one card from your deck
- Play one card face down as an Energy Card
- Rotate Energy cards to summon Minions from you hand to the board
- Rotate Energy cards to activate Minion abilities
Full Play Videos Below: Some Components Have Changed and Some Abilities Have Been Balanced Since the Below Games.
*All Rewards Stack*
*All U.S. Shipping Included*
$19 Full Game, All Unlocked Expansions, & Enamel Pin
In addition to the full game (and any unlocked expansions) we will include an enamel pin of one of our minions, you can vote on which one of these six sprites you would like to see turned into a pin by visiting here!
- art by Clement Swennes
$29 Two Comic Books, Special Components, & Two Postcard Prints
You will receive two issues of Nevera Tales comic books, six Kickstarter themed damage cards, & a Kickstarter themed D2.
In addition, you can choose any two minion illustrations to receive as postcards (survey will be sent after the campaign is concluded).
$49 Original Unique Art & Play Mat
You will receive an original unique piece of postcard sized art by Marek Jarocki, and a 24 x 12 inch play mat designed by Matheus Graef.
$69 Pocket Necronomicon, Physical & Digital
The Pocket Necronomicon is a 50+ page booklet featuring art, lore, short stories, and research into the world of Nevera, written by some of its foremost scolars. This is a great way to own the card illustrations, concept art, and world-building that has gone into making Nevera real.
Size will be 5.8 x 8.3 inches.
Each time we go $2,000 above our goal, we will add a new expansion pack for free at all reward tiers of $19 and above.
We have five expansion packs lined up each containing 72 cards, and you can vote on the order we produce them by visiting here!
Free to anywhere in the United States, and an additional $6 to anywhere outside the United States.
Designer - Daniel Bishop
Daniel was born in New Zealand, raised in England and now lives in California. He graduated with a BA in Philosophy and Creative Writing, and now teaches at a public elementary school. Raised on a healthy diet of video games, movies, books and comics, Daniel loves to create stories and find new ways to tell them.
Illustrator - Matheus Graef
Matheus is a Brazilian digital illustrator who was raised on tabletop games and video game modding. He is passionate about the power of storytelling and emotion through fantasy illustration, and he loves the challenge of combining real world references with fantasy themes to create epic but concrete scenes.
Layout - Jovial Graphics & Games
Risks and challenges
We have run and two successful Kickstarter campaigns to produce comic books set in the same fictional world as Nevera Duels. This gave us a ton of experience and allowed us to learn a great deal about production and fulfillment.
Regarding production, the materials needed for the game are very simple and we have quotes for producing and shipping the complete game.
Regarding fulfillment, we have checked the prices to send the game to various countries and are confident that there will be no foreseeable issue.
I have a full time stable career, and so if any obstacles, challenges, or unpleasant surprises that occur I will be able to overcome them with my own income.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter