With the game of Nevera Duels players become the necromancers and summon powerful undead minions to battle their opponents, using an array of abilities and ascending their minions into more powerful forms.
This is a Kickstarter Campaign to produce the core game cards, enough for two players to construct a deck, with expansion packs as stretch goals are hit. To keep costs as low as possible, no box or rule book will be physically produced unless we go above our goal.
What Makes it Special
- Undermining usual stumbling blocks of deck construction games to give players a satisfying, competitive and varied experience.
- All minion cards can be played face down as resources, meaning there is no possibility of resource screw or flood.
- Minions have the abilities and spells, so players are always able to take actions even with no cards in hand.
- No rare or under-powered cards; every card is designed to be competitive and viable.
- Players can summon a minion, ascend it, and use its abilities in the same turn for big comebacks.
- Shift play style any time; harass your opponent, buff yourself, or just deliver a big swing!
Risk and Reward
- Ascending a minion will increase its power, but will be worth more points to your opponent if destroyed.
- Placing a card face down as a resource will increase your options now, but will be one less minion to fight for you later in the game.
- Do you play several cheaper abilities with risks attached, or fewer expensive abilities with sure outcomes?
Art and Inspiration
- Nevera Duels is designed to be dark but not muddy, horrific but not gory, and haunting but human.
- Visual influences include Dark Souls, Castlevania, Legacy of Kain, Lovecraft, Guillermo del Toro.
- Our design philosophy has been to make our illustrations inclusive and representative of the diverse individuals they might have been in life.
Unfiltered Gamer- A very solid straightforward card game... For me personally I really do enjoy the game, and I've definitely pulled it out a couple of times even after our play-testing session... We really enjoy the dark artwork as well as the mechanic that makes energy a static form of currency preventing flooding and screw.
Cloak and Meeple- If you like [deck construction games], it does some of the things that they do in an interesting and unique way... this is fantastic, it’s really easy to play right out of the box... the art on this game is also fantastic.
Logan Chops- It's a fast fun easy game to play [...] it's interesting and engaging.
Objective: Destroy eight of your opponent's cards.
Setup: Create a deck of 36 cards, first player draws six cards and second player draws seven cards.
Start Phase: Turn upright and expended Energy Cards
Main Phase: In any order you may...
- Draw one card from your deck
- Play one card face down as an Energy Card
- Rotate Energy cards to summon Minions from you hand to the board
- Rotate Energy cards to activate Minion abilities
Full Play Videos Below: Some Components Have Changed and Some Abilities Have Been Balanced Since the Below Games.
$29 Full Game + All Unlocked Expansions + Digital Rewards
Digital rewards include two comic books set in the world of Nevera, a high resolution cover image if you would like to make your own box, a high resolution female necromancer image if you would like to make your own play mat, plus your name in the rule book.
Plus everything you would receive at the lower rewards tiers.
$39 Original Unique Art
You will receive an original unique piece of postcard sized art by Marek Jarocki, plus everything you would receive at the lower rewards tiers.
Each time we go $2,000 above our goal, we will add a new expansion pack for free at all reward tiers of $19 and above.
We have five expansion packs lined up each containing 72 cards, and you can vote on the order we produce them by visiting here!
Free to anywhere in the United States, and an additional $6 to anywhere outside the United States.
Designer - Daniel Bishop
Daniel was born in New Zealand, raised in England and now lives in California. He graduated with a BA in Philosophy and Creative Writing, and now teaches at a public elementary school. Raised on a healthy diet of video games, movies, books and comics, Daniel loves to create stories and find new ways to tell them.
Illustrator - Matheus Graef
Matheus is a Brazilian digital illustrator who was raised on tabletop games and video game modding. He is passionate about the power of storytelling and emotion through fantasy illustration, and he loves the challenge of combining real world references with fantasy themes to create epic but concrete scenes.
Layout - Jovial Graphics & Games
Risks and challenges
We have run and two successful Kickstarter campaigns to produce comic books set in the same fictional world as Nevera Duels. This gave us a ton of experience and allowed us to learn a great deal about production and fulfillment.
Regarding production, the materials needed for the game are very simple and we have quotes for producing and shipping the complete game.
Regarding fulfillment, we have checked the prices to send the game to various countries and are confident that there will be no foreseeable issue.
I have a full time stable career, and so if any obstacles, challenges, or unpleasant surprises that occur I will be able to overcome them with my own income.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (15 days)