An Authentic Wild West Multiplayer First-Person Shooter For The PC!
An Authentic Wild West Multiplayer First-Person Shooter For The PC! Read more
Black Powder is an upcoming realistic, team based, online multiplayer First-Person Shooter set in the Wild West.
With a wide variety of scenarios (leading to a wide variety of undertakers), you'll jump back in these good, old, better times when people would cut each other's throat over a bottle of whiskey. You'll see accurate reproductions of weapons that cowboys shot and got shot with (don't know what a Kentucky rifle is? Shame on you!)
With the following pictures and videos we'd like to convince you to join us in making Black Powder an amazing experience.
Enough fat text ...get the horseshit off your spurs, come and see for yourself!
- Scenario Game Mode features a one life, objective based game mode in a row of scenarios including shootouts, robberies and rescue missions
Since you've barely gotten religion, let me explain it the easy way: So, Sam, Jack and Bob (you've guessed it, the one your sweetheart ran off with) want to catch a train for El Paso for whatever reason involving ladies and whiskey. But Jimmy, Dan and Johnny won't let them, because they want to sit near the window, so they occupied the railroad station. Sam, Jack and Bob have got several options:
Got it? What will it be, fighting 'till midnight, winning and sitting around a campfire while singing dreadful songs like Mary had a little lamb or you'd rather go like "I've been shooting on the railroad, the liiive long daaaay"?
- Fully dynamic fire propragation, turn the tide of the match by torching strategic points, go scorched earth, burn everything! Unless it's a saloon, or a church. In that case, you've gotta use more petrol.
- Well, what do we have here? You're a trigger happy one, aren't you? Oh well, either take weapons and ammo from the dead bodies, they won't need it anymore, or show around that you've got a pair, grab the first object you find and introduce it to some unwilling cowboys' skulls!
- How many times it happened to you in games that you've hit the arm of an enemy but it had no effect on his aim whatsoever and you bought the farm? Are you tired of humans reacting to bullets like a cactus? Look no further, old bullets may be slow, but virtual humans will definitively feel the shock!
- Every gun in Black Powder is shooting its own bullet - fed with real life data for mass, speed and penetration values. Depending on surface density, angle and thickness projectiles can penetrate objects... or ricochets are going to kill your teammates...
- The game takes weapons' dimensions into account so that they realistically collide with the game world. Better said, if you have a long rifle it will be very hard to fight in tight spaces, such as house interiors, where pistols will outdo any other weapon when it comes to handling. But this comes at a price: small arms typically mean that accuracy and range will also be reduced.
- Also, don't forget that black powder generates plenty of smoke and sparkles, it's better not to spray bullets in tight spaces, unless you want both to cover your face in smoke and give away your position.
There are maps as huge as the drought in the desert or smaller than the space you are able to walk while on your feet after you went for some (more) whiskey. Maps also differ in daytime, season, and weather. Mommy says you'd better bring your mantel.
Powered by Unreal Engine 4 we're able to provide advanced access to modding tools that will allow you to create levels, weapons, gamemodes or anything else you can think of!
- Mod Support: It's always been a priority for us - we've been developing modifications ourselves for years and it gave us the needed experience for developing Black Powder!
- Get the bells ringing, gather up some friends in your clan (you midgets don't get around in gangs anymore, don't you?) so that you can go slaughter some godless bastards and score on the ladies together. Or perhaps you'd rather group up and go slaughter some friends who grouped up to slaughter you and score on your ladies?
The demo version of Black Powder is available to all backers and will be sent out during our campaign!
This demo version allows you to take a first look at various features of Black Powder and will contain around 15 minutes of singleplayer fun!
We'd really love to build a strong, live community, get feedback and advices, but not just when everything's done, because we'd also like to involve our supporters in the game development.
So far, we've privately financed the project. However to complete the remaining aspects of the game we need your help for financing:
- License Fees
- Server Costs
Developed by three friends, history enthusiast from Germany and Italy, Black Powder evolved to a game that we - the developers (and gamers ourselves) - always liked to play.
With ONE goal...
> Delivering an outstanding wild west shooter experience - as we think this time of american history deserves much more attention also in video games.
The most frequently asked question is why we're touching the american old west theme regarding there's some big players in the industry having their hands on it.<
Our answer is simple:
We are different. We love history. We love first person shooters.
Risks and challenges
We have put almost two years of development into this game and it contains thousands of hours of work and alot of our private money. This really shows how convinced the small team behind Black Powder is about bringing a true authentic wild west shooter game to you (and ourselves!).
Privately financing the project over the last years has given us the ability to learn and understand how important a good plan upfront is for development. It's an even bigger responsibility to take care of backers money and we gurantee to ship what we promised.
Life has taught us that transparency and good communication is the way to go in every manner, you have got our word that we'll closely stay connected, take your feedback seriously and regularly inform you about our progress and challenges that we're facing.
In addition to that, we are gamers ourselves, we know what annoys us all: Delayed release dates, never-ending Early-Access titles without updates, missing promised content and features or abandoned games shortly after release to name just a few.
Take our word on this:
Black Powder will be released when it's done with all listed features and content in a playable, enjoyable state with continuing support after the release as long as possible.
Our estimation for a full release is Q2 2018.
- (30 days)