I sent out a GMT Customer e-mail update today that all of you should have received. It contains details of the challenges we've faced in the past couple months. To make sure everyone knows the short and sweet of it, though, here's a brief update on the parts that affect the Kickstarter Physical Rewards:
- A massive response to our fall sale, a fulfillment center backing out on us, and some problems with a P500 game really bogged us down for a little over a month.
- We survived, despite a pretty massive logjam, and as of CoB tomorrow will be completely "caught up" on sale orders.
- We have hired additional people and built a completely new assembly/fulfillment line in our second warehouse, (run and monitored by some of our veteran workers, so QC stays high) that is dedicated solely to assembling, labelling, and shipping the Kickstarter items.
- We will open that line and begin filling and shipping Kickstarter rewards next Tuesday, December 1.
- We'll start with the $35 tier, which will be the 3 Expansions, with some of those folks getting T-Shirts. We'll ship all of those before we move on to the $65 Tier.
- Next up to ship will be the $65 Tier, which will be the 3 Expansions + choice of 1989 or Twilight Struggle Deluxe, and possibly a T-Shirt.
- We still haven't received the updated maps for the Collector's Edition, but we expect those in our warehouse in about two weeks. Our hope is that we can have most of the $65 Tier shipped by that point. Then it's a bit more difficult process, as we have to open each box and replace the map, then pack and ship. So it could slow down a bit at that point, but we still think we have enough people involved to get a couple hundred done each day.
- Our goal is to finish all 4800 or so orders in December. I'll update you guys, once we get going, as to progress.
Last thing is I want to apologize for the overly long silence. The truth is we were a bit overwhelmed and when the fulfillment center option closed for us in the midst of everything else, we weren't sure WHAT we were going to do. So I didn't know what to tell you. Now that we have people, products, an assembly line, and a plan in place, I feel comfortable that I'm telling you something we can actually DO. But I'm sorry it took so long to figure it out and get it in place.
I'll get you another update next week, once we have started shipping and have a sense of how quickly it's all going.
Enjoy the games!