WHAT IS 28 SEEDS?
It’s an apocalyptic, sci-fi, steampunk collaboration between experimental theater company Liars & Believers and the steamCRUNK band Walter Sickert & the ARmy of BRoken TOys. 28 Seeds tells the story of how greed and ignorance destroyed the world. This is HP Lovecraft meets rock music and 1000 channels of cable TV; it’s government conspiracy, burlesque, ray guns, and tentacles; it blends a live rock show, science fiction, dance, theatre, video and sound into an immersive performance experience.
Over 25 Boston artists and performers are sharing in this unique collaboration. We’re bringing together innovative theatre, with all its story-telling tools, and the wild music of a live steampunk band. We have musicians, actors, dancers, video artists, sound artists, graphic artists and more. All are sharing in this wild collaborative work… and we invite you to join us!
28 Seeds premieres April 19th, 2012 at the Boston Center for the Arts in Boston, MA.
Set design concept by Zeynep Bakkal
WHY SHOULD YOU GIVE?
You're helping change the shape of live performance. 28 Seeds invites you to redefine expectations about what you’ll see and hear at the theater, and who will be there with you. This is an experiment in erasing the distinctions between music, theatre, dance and more, blending them into a new kind of immersive experience. You are part of this experiment – creating a new kind of art.
In addition, you’re bringing together diverse audiences. Fans of steampunk, fans of theatre, fans of sci-fi, dance and music – people interested in social commentary and people interested in conspiracy theories are all coming together for this event. This project brings together people who don’t usually sit next to each other to share an experience.
AND IT’S TAX-DEDUCTIBLE!
Liars & Believers is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, so your donation (after cost of reward) is tax deductible.
A sneak peak at piece of a panel from the 28 Seeds companion comic book. Get yours as part of a reward package for a donation of $100 or more.
WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?
Everything we’re raising goes directly to the production!
Our Kickstarter goal is to raise $12,000, but the cost of the show is $60,000!
• Over $24,000 Artist salaries – many artists working for 6 months on this show together at about $100/week
• Over $4,600 Props, costumes, masks, puppets, and scenery – we’re either making it or finding it all around Boston
• Over $2,000 Sound, light and video equipment – we’ve borrowed and found a lot, plus we’re using our own
• Over $9,600 Rehearsal and performance space – for a 7 weeks of rehearsal, a staged reading in January and a 4 week run in April
• Over $3,000 Insurance – we all have to be safe and covered
• The Rest - Hiring staff to run and build the show, paying for box office, programming and getting people to come see the show.
All of this is only possible with your help. Come join us and be part of this exciting project!
Thank you for supporting us and coming on the journey.
Behold A Pale Horse!
***Tickets are now available at http://bit.ly/28seedstix***
- (30 days)