A Wearable Twisting iPhone Case w/ Built in Selfie Extender
Turn your iPhone into wearable tech & GoPro. Features: Selfie Stick, Tripod, & Protective Top. Great for everyday carry.
Meet the TwistekCase
We took the normal everyday smartphone case and made it even smarter. That's why it's called the multi-purpose smartcase! The 360º dual axis rotating hinge allows you to manipulate the TwistekCase. Life changes....and so must your phone case. The purpose of TwistekCase is to be versatile so you and your phone can be too!
TwistekCase in the media
- WLOS News Channel 13 - ABC: http://bit.ly/1HnhiZI
- The Mountaineer: http://bit.ly/1JUrk6K
- Mountain Xpress: http://bit.ly/1gHpIX3
Overview of Features
Ways to Use TwistekCase
Here are just a few things the TwistekCase can do:
- Take easier selfies with the built in "selfie extender"
- View your phone as a second screen on your desk
- FaceTime with ease (use the built-in stand)
- Clip to a strap or belt (with 2 secure depth-varying clips)
- Set up as a stand for timed photos (use any timer app)
- Clip on "things" so you can video stuff
- Set up as a bedside stand
- Clip on you (almost anywhere really) for a hands-free phone-flashlight
- Set up on the kitchen counter for easy recipe viewing
- Clip on a strap if you want to take a walk without a bulky phone in your pocket (or if you don't even have pockets)
- Clip to your purse strap so you can hear or feel that call or text
- Set up on the floor to catch your baby's first steps
- Clip on the harness and film like a "Pro"
- Mount on a tripod and get into iPhoneography (accessory needed)
- Take advantage of the incredible cameras on our phones
- And....take on life's adventures with less risk of losing or dropping your phone!
- Slim, lightweight, stylish protection
- Shock absorbing rubber inner layer with strong polycarbonate outer layer of
- Top Case (part covering the phone)
- Strong polycarbonate
- Selfie Extender and Base construction
- Dual Axis, 360º Rotating Hinge
- Strong polycarbonate Tension Clips that allow you to choose the direction you want to snap them in (for left or right handed access)
- Raised beveled edge to help protect the touchscreen of your phone
- Molle vest compatible clips
- Fits up to a 1.75 inch width belt 1/2 inch thick or a 2 inch belt 1/8 inch thick
- Weight less than 3.5 oz.
The whole experience has been a work in progress. Our first prototype, we made in the basement. Then, working closely with an engineering team from Western Carolina University's Center for Rapid Product Realization, followed by working closely with E.H. Design, a local engineer; we turned our basement model and entire concept into a sleeker, lightweight model and are excited for the upcoming final revisions!
TwistekCase plans to offer new and exciting colors as the campaign reaches milestones in funding! The color change will be to the rubber insert that surrounds the phone in the top case only.
We need you!
We need your support to ensure TwistekCase is manufactured and delivered as a high quality, sleek, lightweight, durable, and user friendly product. The funds raised on this Kickstarter campaign will be used for:
- Tooling, quality control, manufacturing, assembly, packing and shipping the product to you!
Risks and challenges
MANUFACTURING: We have worked diligently to prepare for this Kickstarter campaign! To limit risks, we are working with an experienced manufacturing broker with a reputation for quality. There is always a chance that multiple unexpected setbacks will happen. We've invested significant ground work in contingency plans should these types of challenges arise.
PRODUCT ADJUSTMENTS: As the TwistekCase moves closer to production ready, there will likely be some minor improvement tweaks to the final design. Therefore pre-production prototypes will again need to be produced for this fun filled necessary process. Some of you may actually take part in this. We are sincerely excited to listen to this feedback.
FULFILLMENT: Our delivery timeline accounts for unsuspected delays. If there are any changes to TwistekCase, we will communicate these changes to our contributors.
Challenges will be addressed by the TwistekCase team. With our combined knowledge, fortitude, and external expertise, we will overcome any obstacle that may present itself.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (42 days)