Blinds are awesome. Light when you want it, privacy when you don't.
Unfortunately, as much as we love them, blinds quietly train us not to use them.We hardly notice it, but the daily grind of opening and closing our blinds silently conditions us to stop using them. This is especially true for hard-to-reach blinds or blinds that protect our privacy.
The easy, affordable, attractive way to remotely control your blinds—without the ridiculous expense or complexity of home automation systems.
As featured on . . .
Tilt works with the most popular type of blinds in the world—the 2-inch slatted blind. These blinds are made from many different materials ranging from aluminum, wood, composite, or fabric. You likely already have these blinds in your home, so why not automate them with TIlt?
Tilt gives you the convenience of not having to crawl through, over, and in between furniture to Tilt your blinds.
If you have a window in your bathroom, chances are you've had more than enough embarrassing moments of "duck and cover." We predict bathrooms will be the most popular room for Tilt.
- Tilt fits invisibly into your existing blind tray so you'll never even know it's there.
- The genius is in our patent pending motor that is designed to encompass all of the different manufacturers' Tilting mechanisms.
-We even included additional ports for future accessories, such as security sensors (under development). Yep, we've thought of everything!
Tilt Motor is powered in 1 of 2 ways:
1. Tilt Solar Panel. Forever environmentally friendly and never needs to be charged. With its slim and sleek design (18.5" x 1.7"x 0.37"), it fits behind the blind tray so you won't see it from the inside of your home. Your interior decorator will thank us.
2. Plug-in cord. If you decide against the solar option, we developed a convenient way to charge the lithium iron battery pack. It's as easy as plugging your Tilt manual cord (provided in brown or white) into the nearest outlet with the USB charger (also included). Charging will only need to be done every few years depending on how often you're Tilting.
Tilt Smart Switch is also wireless and can be attached to any surface with strong removable adhesive strips—again, no tools required! Just stick it where you want it and Tilt away. It is slim, sleek, and the perfect companion to your light switch. In fact, it is SO smart that it has the capability of adding other home automation components which are currently in the works.
- Close blinds during the heat of the day to save on energy costs
- Program blinds to open and close at various times when you're on vacation. Nobody will ever suspect you're gone!
- Open blinds at a certain time in the morning or at night by simply turning off the light sensor and plugging in a timeframe.
- Any other variation to fit your lifestyle . . . the possibilities are endless!
- Close all blinds when you go to work so that your valuables are not in sight.
We pride ourselves in being technologically savvy. Tilt uses Bluetooth LE (4.0) to communicate to iOS smart devices as well as Android 4.3 devices.
We are currently compatible with Android 4.3 and newer, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, all iPad minis, iPod touch 5th generation, and all iPads beginning with the third generation. The device must be capable of connecting to the internet so that you can download the free TiltMyBlinds application. We are striving to become compatible with all Bluetooth devices like the new iPhone 6 and Apple Watch.
Plug the attachment (dongle) into the USB port on your TV and leave it there. That's it! Now watch the magic unfold time after time when you turn on the TV. Your friends are going to flip when they see this!
- 1 Tilt motor with securing bracket
- 1 lithium iron rechargeable battery pack
- 1 manual Tilt cord (brown or white)
- 1 USB recharging plug
- Rod adaptors.
Pledge for Tilt, and get awesome rewards. Add the dollar amount of all accessories or multiples of the same item as needed within the pledge level you are sponsoring.
Installation in under 15 minutes. No tools required.
A Little Tilted History
Once we realized how big of a need there was for a solution like Tilt, we went to work trying to solve our biggest problem, which was space. We didn't have much of it. This took some serious engineering and patience. We also needed to have it fit in all of the different manufacturers' Tilt mechanisms. We had to go through over eight major redesigns to get it right.
As you can see, we've come a long way in proving that TIlt can deliver. But we need your help to get across the finish line. With the help of our Kickstarter backers, we will be able to begin manufacturing real production parts and convert the phone app from prototype to production code.
Please help us bring this awesome invention to the world and give everyone the opportunity to enjoy the convenience, security, and privacy that this affordable blind automation kit delivers.
Emily Brimhall was born and bred an inventor. Her father David Hall has more than 600 patents to his name and her Grandfather Tracy Hall is the inventor of the synthetic diamond. She has a passion for interior and architectural design along with years of experience in manufacturing, project management, quality control, and product refinement.
Austin Carlson is a mechanical engineer with years of manufacturing engineering experience, including motor design and development, 3D printing, electronic circuit design, and custom part fabrication.
Johnathan Conley is an electronics engineer with experience in high-level code writing and single board computer designs. He has been developing data acquisitions and embedded systems for 25 years. He loves all things geek.
Risks and challenges
Every project has the same risk—that it won't be able to cross the finish line. But since we have a solid team and have solved most of the technical challenges to date, we believe we will be able to solve the ones we haven't yet discovered. We are also part of a technical community surrounded by friends who have successfully funded and fulfilled Kickstarter campaigns. We seek their advice and pay attention.
As with most new smart device applications, some bugs and problems may surface; but we are confident that our team can handle any issues, and we are connected to outside developers that we can call upon to break technical log-jams.
We are also connected to a company that is experienced in finding or procuring parts that are hard to get. So, we feel confident that if we hit one component dead-end, we can find options to ensure delivery.
Our mechanical and electrical design engineers have created a robust product and are qualified to deal with any mechanical issues or design changes that may be needed as production parts begin rolling in.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)