For the past 3 years, I’ve been busy working odd jobs and backing up & opening for multi-genre, local & re-known bands and artists (One Inity, Ekolu Kalama, Jimmy Mac & Kool Kats, Kapena, Kymani Marley, Slightly Stoopid, Half Pint). Since early 2012, I’ve had the fortunate opportunity to get back into teaching piano lessons rather than working a 9-5 fulltime job. It has given me the extra free time to record musical drafts and sketches of song ideas I've collected in personal songbooks dating back my college years.
The E.P. will consist of 2 or 3 jingles & 4 or 5 songs, that will be professionally mixed and mastered & released as 'La La La La La!' I will be recording some music at my home studio but the majority of it in the studio of re-known Maui Music Engineer, Carl Lange.
Help make this dream EP come true by donating to my fundraiser here. You can simply pre-order the album or choose a larger donation that will come with fun & zany rewards! If more than my initial needed budget is collected, the EP will be that much better and I may have the funds to make it into a complete album (more songs)!
With your support I will be able to make this an incredible EP and continue doing what I love to do so much. As many of you may know, making a professional recording is very expensive and the funds you donate will be used to pay for things like recording, mixing, mastering, CD printing, promotion, shipping (from Hawaii), studio gear rental, studio musicians and all the other nooks and crannies that will eventually add up and make this all come to life. It will be my first official musical release as a singer/songwriter and I cannot wait any longer!
Here is the estimated cost breakdown for the ‘La La La La La!’ EP:
$800 - Professional Studio Production (recording, mixing & mastering)
$300 - Gear Rental/Studio Musicians
$200 - Rewards' Manufacturing Costs
$800 - Printing & CD Replication
$200 - CDs & Rewards' Shipping costs from HI
*Additional Funds - More recording days, more studio musicians involved, more songs added, more hours mixing, overall better results!
This is my minimum goal. I would like to reach at least this amount to produce this EP and get a copy into your hands. All extra funds are greatly appreciated and will be used to further the quality of ‘La La La La La’ and make it the best it can be.
Make sure to take a look on the right side of your screen to check out the rewards! I hope I can count on your support to help my dream album/EP become a reality! I couldn't do it without you, so thank you again.
REMINDER: The way Kickstarter.com works is that you donate funds to enable the completion of a creative project, and in return you receive cool rewards, which I designed myself with great care. The catch is that if I do not reach my goal within my timeframe, I don't get the funds. Your credit cards will not be charged until I meet my goal.
REWARDS: If there is anything special that you would like as a reward, please let me know!
Here's a music video of an older version of original song, "Hey Mr. Lincoln" I plan to re-release with more lyrics and better music production quality.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your love & support!
Risks and challenges
Some of the most obvious risks and challenges to completing this Kickstarter Project for me may be:
1. Getting all rewards to backers ON TIME (looking like mid-December 2012)- Recording, mixing, replication and distribution will take at least two months to complete. It's my goal to put my BEST quality music into your hands ASAP! I plan to keep you UPDATED with various social media on how the EP project is coming along!
2. Coordinating with Carl Lange Studios on mixing & mastering music and getting studio musicians to rehearse & record the music. Expect more updates and photos!
3. SAFELY and EFFICIENTLY capturing the Hero Poster Photos in various locations in Maui, Hawaii - without endangering myself or others in the process. (I will have a certified lifeguard and professional photographer on hand, to help me capture these photos safely and efficiently.)
4. All Rewards' shipping prices refer to USA shipping only. Please contact for quotes on international shipping.
5. Should anyone have and further questions you may email me directly at LaLaLaLaLa_Song@aol.com or kickstarter.
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (29 days)