About this project
Her legions strode forth from the center of civilization—west to England, east to Asia, north to Germany, south to Egypt—and conquered most of the known world. In their travels, the Legions found things that would be disbelieved by slave, citizen, and senator alike. War elephants, wild dervishes, and creatures beyond description met them at every turn.
The glory of the Empire spread to the corners of the earth, but its shadow found even darker places—and things—that defied record.
Join the forces of Rome and battle through the ages against her enemies. Discover the terrible secrets left out of the history books. Save your shieldmates. Save the Empire.
Weird Wars Rome is a setting and campaign book for adventures of violence and horror in the ancient world. It includes new rules for Spoils of War, Campaign Interludes, and Legacies that allow characters to pass down their deeds and treasures to future generations of their bloodline.
War Masters will also find our comprehensive Adventure Generator and TWO mini-Plot Point Campaigns.
The core book is available in a new 96-page, graphic novel-sized format in full color softback or Limited Edition hardback. The Limited Edition hardback will only be available via game stores that order the Merchant Reward package (see below), or directly from Pinnacle.
Weird Wars Rome requires the Savage Worlds core rules to play.
By funding our Kickstarter, you're helping print the book and several additional products to support it--including two double-sided, dry-erase poster maps, custom dice, GM's Screen, and an adventure, Nox Germanica, written by the mysterious "Teller."
The PDF of Weird Wars Rome will be available immediately after the Kickstarter ends! The physical copies should be in your hands no later than December of this year.
The books are already done. The Kickstarter is to help with the printing and some of the additional products.
Digital Extras & Update Strategy
We know you have a lot of Kickstarters to keep up with these days, so we're NOT doing any add-ons for this project. We are, however, unlocking exclusive digital extras such as music, Figure Flats, One Sheets, new monsters, and other surprises at certain funding levels.
Best of all, you will automatically get all extras FOR FREE if you join the Kickstarter and when we hit certain milestones. No additional action is required on your part--we'll take care of everything.
We're also keeping our updates to a minimum. We'll send out an update when we unlock a new digital extra and a few other milestones, but otherwise we're going to keep the traffic reasonably low.
Here's the schedule of unlockable rewards--please note that all unlockable rewards are downloadable PDFs or other digital files.
- $10,000: The Weird Wars Rome original soundtrack, "Strength & Honor." UNLOCKED (See Update 1 for a sample.)
- $20,000: The 12-page adventure, The Wellspring. UNLOCKED
- $24,000: Ten full-color, full-page, ready-to-play archetypes. UNLOCKED
- $27,000: Printable, interior overlays you can print and use with the poster maps. When we're about to ship, you'll be able to add the poster maps to your order if they aren't already in your package. (Retail price is $14.99 for each double-sided map in print, or $6.99 for each double-set as PDFs). UNLOCKED
- $30,000: Res Romana: An 8-page supplement by Jack Emmert (of Cryptic Studios) on the role of class and race, the gods, and myths and legends of ancient Rome. UNLOCKED
- $34,000: Creature Feature: Art, background, statistics, Figure Flat, and several adventure seeds featuring the legendary Hydra! UNLOCKED
- $38,000: The Half-Set Sun, a 12-page adventure set in the scorching deserts of Aegyptus. UNLOCKED
- $40,000: Creature Feature: The Cyclops! UNLOCKED
- $44,000: Figure Flats I--Heroes of the Empire: Two full pages of "paper miniatures" including legionaries, medici, and auxilia.
- $48,000: Figure Flats II--Foes of the Empire: Two full pages of the many foes of Rome, from wild Celts to German barbarians and even charioteers!
- $52,000: Figure Flats III--Horrors of the Empire: All 30+ monsters in the book, including those from the Creature Features!
- $55,000+: Should we happen to hit $55K or higher, we'll add a One Sheet adventure for every additional $2K raised. Help us spread the word and you could wind up with many additional new monsters, locations, and Savage Tales for your campaigns against the dark things that rise in the fear and violence of war in the ancient world!
Merchant Reward Level
Kickstarter's Reward boxes don't allow formatting, so we decided to put the list of items and terms here where it's easier to understand:
This Reward level is for "Brick and Mortar" stores only and can be purchased as many times as you like. It includes:
- 4 x Limited Edition Hardbacks
- 3 x Regular Editions
- 3 x GM Screen + Adventure
- 3 x Double-sided, dry-erase Village Map
- 3 x Double-sided, dry-erase Fort Map
All this will be shipped freight free to the continental US *BEFORE* general release.
Please note that if we cannot verify your brick and mortar store, you will receive the Legatus package and a prorated refund instead.
Risks and challenges
Pinnacle has been producing roleplaying games and supplements since 1994, and successfully completed its first Kickstarter, Deadlands Noir. Like any creative project, however, something could happen to the principals that could slow or halt production of the game for a while.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
We plan on using the same system we used for Noir for Rome. When the books are ready to ship, you'll be able to add on additional products at the regular retail price, and with additional shipping cost in some cases (particularly overseas). Getting the whole package now is definitely your better option.
Support this project
- (30 days)