About this project
Juicers and Crazies with chainswords and plasma rifles dance, slash, and blast their way through giant war machines.
Ley Line Walkers and Mystics float among the filaments of power, driving back hordes of demons and monsters from worlds beyond.
Glitter Boys and Cyber-Knights defend the innocent and downtrodden against countless tyrants and raiders.
Bursters and Mind Melters wield superhuman powers of the mind to change the world.
This is Rifts® Earth...and it's gone completely Savage!
Savage Rifts® brings the incredibly popular world of Palladium Books' Rifts® to the award-winning Savage Worlds system by Pinnacle Entertainment Group. The gates of the Megaverse® bring infinite challenge and adventure to a war-torn world struggling to build its future.
The Heroes of the Tomorrow Legion are called to defend that future.
During the course of the Kickstarter campaign, we released several Design Diaries written by Sean Patrick Fannon and gave preview looks from the books. They include:
- Savage Rifts Glitter Boy Preview
- Making Rifts® Savage: Mega Damage, Vampires, and Juicer Burn
- Making Rifts® Savage: Iconic Frameworks and Making Magic Mega
- Savage Rifts® Creature Feature: Murder Wraith Preview
- Making Rifts® Savage: The Tomorrow Legion and the Timeline
New To Savage Worlds?
If you're new to our rules system, you do need the core rulebook to play. The good news is it's only $10, both in print or PDF, and you get both print and PDF at our site for $10 here. You can also check out the FREE Test Drive version of the rules here.
Want to know more about the design process behind Savage Worlds? This is an older freebie from 2009, but it has good information for the curious (and our backers suggested we post it here):
All that was, destroyed in atomic fire and arcane Armageddon, brought about a world full of magic and monsters, cybernetic post-humanism, and infinite potential for greatness...and disaster.
This is the terrifying and wonderful world of Rifts®. Originally released in 1990, this “anything and everything” setting features over-the-top action, super-powered heroes, and an exceptionally deep canon of content and story.
Learn more about Palladium Books and the Rifts® setting here: http://www.palladiumbooks.com/
Over 25 years after its original release, Rifts® continues to inspire players around the world with its gonzo, big-guns-and-super-magic world of adventure. Savage Worlds is a game system dedicated to infinite potential combined with ease of play.
Unifying the two means bringing the magic and mayhem of Rifts® to countless new players, as well as calling out to original fans with a new avenue to dive back into this famous world.
• Iconic Frameworks: A powerful tool in character creation that quickly establishes the powerful and popular concepts from the original setting. Iconic Frameworks "front-load" the abilities, equipment, and powers of such famous character types as the Glitter Boy, Ley Line Walker, and Juicer, while also allowing every other idea to come into play on par with these giants.
• The World of Rifts®: Plenty of foundation information about the world of this incredible setting, with a focus on North America. Factions, historical events, and the current state of things for the heroes and people struggling to survive in a post-post-apocalyptic world.
• The Tomorrow Legion: A new organization in the war-torn lands of North America, the Tomorrow Legion protects Castle Refuge while struggling to help others build a better world. Can the Legion stand against the titanic threats of the Coalition States and the Federation of Magic?
• Edges & Hindrances: Plenty of new options to further define your hero in this world of infinite possibilities, including new Iconic Edges that enhance the foundation of your concept.
• Equipment: Cybernetics, vehicles, weapons, body armor, powered armor, and robot armor—incredible, sophisticated technology to enhance survival and ensure victory in the war for the future.
• Magic & Psionics: Arcane Backgrounds cranked to 11 with Mega Trappings and Master Psionic Powers, and new powers to master a world gone mad.
• Mercenaries & Monsters: From Coalition UAR-1 Enforcers to Murder Wraiths, Daemonix to Xiticix, and Splugorth Slavers to gargantuan monsters from Rifts®, the heroes of this world won't lack foes to challenge them.
• Adventure Generator: The Tomorrow Legion patrols the world in search of those who need help. These tables help the Game Master quickly come up with scenarios and encounters to challenge her heroes!
• The Randomness of Rifts®: Numerous tables and rules for dealing with the infinite possibilities of these holes in space/time. Ley line storm effects, random monsters from beyond, and the countless places your heroes might travel are covered.
The Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide
• Iconic Frameworks for many classic Rifts® character concepts—Combat Cyborgs, Crazies, Headhunters, Mystics, Operators, Rogue Scientists, Techno-Wizards, and many more!
• New Edges & Hindrances
• Setting Rules such as Blaze of Glory, Technical Difficulties, and a special Death & Defeat chart.
• Lots of new equipment including weapons, armor, and cybernetics.
• Expanded magic and psionics, including Mega Trappings and Master Psionic powers.
Game Master's Handbook
• The world of Rifts® Earth, circa 109 PA and the aftermath of the Siege of Tolkeen. Including important information about key factions like the Coalition States, the Federation of Magic, the Pecos Empire, and more.
• The Tomorrow Legion, including a description of Castle Refuge, the key leaders and players, and the structure of the organization.
• A dynamic adventure generator opens countless opportunities for adventure and challenge, such as when traveling the lands of Rifts® North America.
• Rules and tables for dealing with the infinite possibilities of ley lines and rifts, including how a powerful arcane caster might actually use and manipulate one of these powerful nexus points.
• Important and useful advice for Game Masters in running the high-powered characters and adventures they will face in this gonzo, amazing setting.
Savage Foes of North America
• Information on major opposition forces like the Coalition, Federation of Magic, Black Market, Pecos Empire, Xiticix, and more.
• Forces and war machines of the Coalition.
• Powerful and mysterious foes from the Federation of Magic.
• Supernatural and monstrous enemies that terrorize the lands of North America.
• Tables for creating random creatures and even hordes of monsters coming from anywhere in the Megaverse® through the Rifts®.
The Garnet Town Gambit + Game Master Screen
A 32-page adventure by Ross Watson and an incredible landscape GM Screen.
Rifts® North America + Castle Refuge Poster Map
For retailers only. If we cannot verify your retailer status we will send you the Print GM reward level instead. Additional items may be added to your order at no additional shipping charge (U.S. only) at standard retailer discount--just contact us when you see the survey from BackerKit.
Includes all digital and physical (1 of each) stretch goal items as well as:
- 1 x Limited Edition hardcover Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide,
- 3 x regular edition softcover Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide,
- 1 x Limited Edition hardcover Rifts®: Game Master's Handbook,
- 3 x regular edition softcover Rifts®: Game Master's Handbook,
- 1 x Limited Edition hardcover Rifts®: Savage Foes of North America,
- 3 x regular edition softcover Rifts®: Savage Foes of North America,
- 2 x Rifts®: GM Screen and Garnet Town Gambit adventure,
- 1 x Savage Rifts®: Poster Map: North America + Castle Refuge,
- 1 x Savage Rifts®: Combat Map 1: Rift + Ley Line, and
- 1 x Savage Rifts®: Combat Map 2: Portal + Nexus Point.
Free shipping to locations in the continental United States. Other locations will be assessed a shipping charge after the Kickstarter.
PDFs are for the retailer's personal use only and not for resale.
UNLOCKED! $15,000 Maps for Everyone! We’ll give all backers a copy of ALL THREE map sets in PDF!
UNLOCKED! $20,000 Rifts® Character Sheet! Get to the Rifts® action faster than a Juicer! (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $25,000 The Tomorrow Legion Archetypes Savage Worlds GMs love having a set of pregenerated Archetype characters to use for quick play options as sample heroes or NPCs, whether with the home game group or at conventions! (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $30,000 Playing a Psi-Stalker by Sean Patrick Fannon Creating and playing a Psi-Stalker in Savage Rifts®. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $35,000 Tome of Vengeance PDF Adventure by Ross Watson Ross Watson wrote for The Last Parsec and Lankhmar for Pinnacle, as well as many other RPGs like Warhammer 40K, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings.
UNLOCKED! $40,000 Techno-Wizard Catalog by Sean Patrick Fannon We’ll describe and stat valuable pieces of Techno-Wizard gear, weaponry, and armor to add to a Savage Rifts® campaign. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $50,000 D-Bee: Altara Warrior Woman We'll give you the race information for playing a Blind Warrior Woman gone rogue from the Atlantean Splugorth Slavers. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $60,000 NG-V7 Block IV Hunter Mobile Gun Full stats and description for this powerful upgrade to one of Northern Gun's more famous Robot Armor vehicles. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $70,000 D-Bee: Simvan The Monster Riders are a powerful threat to many who live in North America, but they can also be powerful allies. We’ll give you the race information for you to add to the Iconic Framework of your choice. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $80,000 X535 Hunter Robot Armor The venerable "Jager" is a popular and powerful option for your Robot Armor Pilot. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $90,000 D-Bee: Grackle Tooth Race information for playing one of the more beloved Rifts® D-Bees, the Mighty Grackle Tooth! (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $100,000 Playing a Dog Boy by Sean Patrick Fannon Fierce warriors and loyal friends, Dog Boys represent science-gone-wrong, yet somehow turned right. We’ll cover creating and playing a Dog Boy in Savage Rifts®. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $110,000 D-Bee: D'Norr The D'Norr "Devil People" are a much misunderstood, often maligned D-Bee race, but there's a lot of fun potential in playing one. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $120,000 T-10 Cyclops Body Armor Possibly Triax's ultimate contribution to personal defense technology, the Cyclops has all kinds of modular options for various mission profiles. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $130,000 Northern Gun Weapons Cache A nice collection of the arms manufacturer's best, including the NG-IP7 Ion Pulse Rifle and the NG-B50 Thunderer BigBore Combat Hammer. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $140,000 D-Bee: Fennodi The "Quiet Walkers" are a peaceful, inherently psionic race who generally do all they can to make their new home a better place. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $150,000 Bookmarks! Each physical backer reward level (Print Player, Ultimate Player, "Just the Books" GM, Print GM, Merchant, and Everything GM) receives a set of four handy bookmarks featuring art from Savage Rifts®! (Print)
UNLOCKED! $160,000 Northern Gun Body Armor Set A set of three specially designed sets of Body Armor from Northern Gun: the Cannonball Ride Armor, the NG Maverick Riding Armor, and the NG Peacekeeper Armor. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $170,000 D-Bee: Trimadore These odd-looking, generally peaceful humanoids are a race with a strong fascination with and affinity for technology. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $180,000 Triax Weapons Cache Some of the best New German Republic engineering is found in this set of weapons, including the TX-22 Precision Laser Pistol and the TX-50 Rail Gun. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $190,000 V61 Gunwolf Robot Armor One of Northern Gun's more evocative designs, complete with the wolf head, designed for monster hunting. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $200,000 Tomorrow Legion Archetypes II We'll make a whole new set of fully fleshed out archetypes incorporating the new races and equipment you've unlocked! (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $210,000 D-Bee: Quick-Flex Another very popular D-Bee race, the Quick-Flex live up to their names, excellent in combat and vehicle operation. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $220,000 EX-5 Behemoth The "mobile home" of Robot Armor vehicles, the venerable and beloved Behemoth Explorer is a fortress on the move for your Tomorrow Legion team. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $230,000 The Contamination Principle Adventure by Darrell Hayhurst Darrell Hayhurst has worked on Hard Vacuum, Ninja Crusade 2nd Edition, Codex Infernus, AMP Year 3, Torg Eternity with Shane, and now Savage Rifts®. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $240,000 Savaging Your Favorite Rifts® Ideas by Sean Patrick Fannon Sean provides guidelines for bringing material into your Savage Rifts® game from the original source material published by Palladium Books, Inc. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $250,000 Character Folio in Print! Players and GMs alike, take note! This booklet will have a character sheet for filling out and pages for notes, character portraits, maps, NPC rosters, and more, so your character is ready to play anytime! Note: This Stretch Goal will be delivered to physical backers in print; everyone will receive a PDF copy.
UNLOCKED! $260,000 D-Bee: Lyn-Srial The Golden Ones are a winged race of protectors and peacekeepers, many earning their other nickname, the Sky-Knights. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $270,000 Playing a Flame Wing Dragon by Sean Patrick Fannon The chance to play a genuine dragon is one of the legacies of RIFTS®. We’ll detail how to create and play a Dragon Hatchling, including special abilities and Edges for this unique Iconic Framework. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $280,000 Murderthon PDF Adventure by Ross Watson Ross cranks out a second adventure! (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $290,000 Coalition Field Manual by Sean Patrick Fannon The armor, vehicles, weapons, and other gear of the Coalition States are some of the most coveted on the Black Market, and most despaired by any on the wrong side of a conflict with them. (PDF)
UNLOCKED! $300,000 Bigger Player’s Guide! (Print) We’ll add as many as we can of the digital Stretch Goals into the Player’s Guide *in print* and into the final PDF. Retail price on the Player’s Guide at this point will be higher than $19.99, so backers are getting a more expensive book—a more comprehensive Player’s Guide—for free!
Stretch Goals Up to $400,000: One Sheet Adventures (PDF)
After we deliver the core books, we'll begin work on additional adventures in our "One Sheet" format (one piece of paper, front and back, with everything you need to run an adventure for your group) and deliver them as they are finished. Each adventure is targeted toward a party at Novice, Seasoned, Veteran, Heroic, or Legendary Ranks!
Check out existing One Sheet adventures here at the Pinnacle website. All are FREE to download.
UNLOCKED! $310,000 Novice One Sheet
UNLOCKED! $320,000 Novice One Sheet
UNLOCKED! $330,000 Seasoned One Sheet
UNLOCKED! $340,000 Seasoned One Sheet
UNLOCKED! $350,000 Veteran One Sheet
UNLOCKED! $360,000 Veteran One Sheet
UNLOCKED! $370,000 Heroic One Sheet
UNLOCKED! $380,000 Heroic One Sheet
UNLOCKED! $390,000 Legendary One Sheet
UNLOCKED! $400,000 Legendary One Sheet
Savage Rifts® is already in final proofing. Your support helps us print the book and make the extras. This means delivery of the main PDFs about a month after funding and the physical products about 5 months later depending on the printer and shipping.
We deliver PDF materials through the Pinnacle website first and later through DriveThruRPG and RPGNow.
Note: Add-Ons may incur additional shipping, determined during the survey. Only physical reward backers may pledge for Add-Ons.
The BackerKit survey is sent when rewards are about ready to ship (Target: July 2016). You may either pledge for Add-On items *now* or during the *survey*.
To Add-On items now, click on the pledge level you want. It should show you the total reward level plus shipping to your location. Add funds equal to the Add-On item price to your total pledge. There is no special button or function for this--Add-Ons are something of a Kickstarter tradition, not part of the Kickstarter website software.
Please note you may be charged additional shipping for those Add-On items during the survey anyway (it's the same shipping price whether you Add-On now or later). For example, an additional book usually costs $1 more to ship with your order.
To Add-On items during the survey, do nothing now. When you receive your survey (target: July 2016), you can choose what Add-Ons you want and your total will be calculated for you. You will pay via credit card.
If you have any questions, email Jodi at PEGJodi@gmail.com.
Add-On items will include...
$2 One Savage Rifts® Wild Die
$5 Upgrade any book from regular softcover to Limited Edition hardcover. This applies to the Player’s Guide, Game Master’s Handbook, and Foes of North America books only.
$5 Character Folio: Each physical backer gets one free since you unlocked the stretch goal at $250,000! Add-On $5 per additional copy of the Character Folio.
$10 Savage Worlds Collector's Case with Savage Rifts® oversleeve:
The Savage Worlds Collector's Case keeps all your Savage Rifts® books, GM Screen, Maps, Dice, and Bennies neatly together in one place, and looks great on your shelf! The red Savage Worlds case is made from SUPER sturdy laminated cardboard. A sleeve featuring the Savage Rifts® cover and logos slides down over the box to add even more protection and differentiate this set from other Savage Settings we might use the box for in the future. There's more than enough room to hold everything in this Kickstarter with some room leftover! (Except the T shirt and Messenger Bag, but we figure you're wearing those).
$10 Savage Worlds Core Rules: One Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer’s Edition in print + PDF. Can't wait until November to get it? Order it today at www.peginc.com!
$10 Savage Worlds Status Tokens Set: Can't wait until November to get it? Order it today at www.peginc.com!
$10 Savage Rifts® Dice Set
$15 Savage Rifts® Bennies (set of 20) Five sets of four designs featuring art from Savage Rifts® on one side and the logos on the opposite side. High quality ceramic poker chip construction.
$15 Savage Rifts® Poster Map: North America + Castle Refuge in print and PDF.
$15 Savage Rifts® Combat Map 1: Rift + Ley Line in print and PDF.
$15 Savage Rifts® Combat Map 2: Portal + Nexus Point in print and PDF.
$20 Rifts®: The Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide in softcover and PDF. Add $5 to upgrade to Limited Edition hardcover.
$20 Rifts® : Game Master's Handbook in softcover and PDF. Add $5 to upgrade to Limited Edition hardcover.
$20 Rifts®: Savage Foes of North America in softcover and PDF. Add $5 to upgrade to Limited Edition hardcover.
$20 Rifts® GM Screen and Garnet Town Gambit adventure in print and PDF.
$20 Savage Rifts® T-shirt (sizes up to 3X at no additional charge)
$25 Savage Worlds Action/Adventure Deck: The Action Deck is a custom 54-card poker deck especially for Savage Worlds initiative. Its larger index numbers and clear faces make cross-table reading a breeze, red and black jokers are clearly distinct, and the full-art face cards really put the mood on the table! The Adventure Deck puts a degree of story control in the hands of the players and lots of spice into the action. Add twists like romantic interests, enemies, and larger-than-life opponents at the drop of a hat. This is a bundle of two poker-sized (2.5″ x 3.5″) 54-card, full-color decks for use with Savage Worlds.
$50 Savage Rifts® Messenger Bag
This handy carry-all will hold all your books, dice, Bennies, and notes for the big game! (If you backed our Weird War I Kickstarter, this is the same style bag, just in black). Overall dimensions are 11" x 15" x 4". There are three inner compartments and one outer compartment with snaps.
Palladium Add Ons
These are already in print and can be purchased directly from Palladium NOW, or you can add them to your Kickstarter pledge and have them shipped with the rest of your order.
These items will also be available when we send out the BackerKit links. Additional shipping will apply, whether you Add-On now or later in BackerKit.
Please note that if you order through us we will ship everything at once. If you want these items now, order straight from Palladium via their website.
- Rifts® Machinations of Doom (softcover sourcebook and graphic novel by Ramon K. Perez) -- Cat. No. 871 -- $18.95
- Rifts® & The Megaverse®, the Art of John Zeleznik (gorgeous full color art book, softcover) -- Cat. No. 2510 -- $22.95
- Rifts® Glitter Boy Rifts® Miniature (1 figure; large) -- Cat. No. 8031 -- $20
- Rifts® Xiticix Miniature Pack (3 figs.) -- Cat. No. 8002 -- $18.00
- Rifts® Coalition Dogs #1 Miniature Pack (4 figs. ) -- Cat. No. 8004 -- $18.00
- Rifts® Men of Magic Miniature Pack (4 figs. ) -- Cat. No. 8005 -- $18.00
- Rifts® Cyborgs #1 Miniature Pack (3 figs.) -- Cat. No. 8006 -- $18.00
- Rifts® Siman Rider & Ostrosaurus Miniature Pack (2 figs.; Large) -- Cat. No. 8007 -- $18.00
- Rifts® Skelebots Miniature Pack ( 4 figs. ) -- Cat. No. 8008 -- $18.00
- Rifts® SAMAS Miniature Pack (2 figs.; large) -- Cat. No. 8009 -- $22.00
- Rifts® Coalition Sky Cycle Miniature Pack (1 fig.; large) -- Cat. No. 8010 -- $22.00
- Rifts® Cyber-Adventurers Miniature Pack (4 figs.) -- Cat. No. 8016 -- $18.00
- Rifts® Rogues & Scout #1 Miniature Pack (4 figs.) -- Cat. No. 8017 -- $18.00
- Rifts® Brodkil Demon and Witchling Miniature Pack (3 figs.) -- Cat. No. 8018 -- $18.00
- Rifts® Psi-Stalkers & Miniature Pack (4 figs.) -- Cat. No. 8020 -- $18.00
Rifts® and Megaverse® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books, Inc. All character names and likenesses are copyright and trademarks owned by Palladium Books, Inc. and used under license.
Risks and challenges
Pinnacle Entertainment Group has launched and delivered multiple Kickstarter projects, including Deadlands Noir, Weird Wars Rome, East Texas University, The Last Parsec, Stone and a Hard Place, The Cackler Graphic Novel, The Sixth Gun, Rippers Resurrected, and Weird War I. We feel confident our products will be delivered on time and at our usual standards, but of course any number of issues may arise and would be handled to the best of our ability.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (23 days)