Frequently Asked Questions
Many of you have asked about the books' size and format. All of our current Savage Worlds setting books are in what we call our "graphic novel" format (roughly 10.5" by 6.25"). Each book is 96 pages, crammed full of chunky goodness and available in regular edition softback or Limited Edition hardback. Once the LEs are gone, they're gone forever. We've already sold out of the Science Fiction Companion LE, for example, and the Super Powers Companion LE is close behind.
Upgrading from a softback to a hardback is $5.
Check out any of our more recent books at your local game store for example.Last updated:
We agree that international shipping rates are very tough these days. (You can check various rates for yourself at usps.gov.) We have received quotes from multiple shipping partners in the EU but so far haven't found much in the way of savings by the time we pay for packing here, freighting to Europe, then re-packaging under a partner's label and shipping from there. We continue to research this constantly though, and if we find a way to reduce the costs we'll figure out how to pass that savings on to you.
Please realize too that part of our problem is that our books are priced very low compared to most other company's books, so it feels weird to pay half as much or more in shipping as the retail price of the books (depending on how many books you've ordered and where you live). We like more accessible books at our price point though and tend to avoid larger $50 books, so we hope you find the *total* value worth the expense--we certainly do everything we can to pack our books full, keep the quality of the art as high as we can get it, and add value to your Kickstarter pledge in particular via our Stretch Goals.
All that said, we recommend two options for our overseas friends. First, you might want to consider combining an order with friends--adding additional copies of the products as Add Ons and splitting the shipping costs. Second, consider backing the digital levels now and buying the print products when they show up in your local gaming store.
Thanks for understanding, and again, it's an issue we are *constantly* attempting to address and improve.Last updated:
If you're a Kickstarter veteran, you can skip this FAQ. Or there may be insights here to "work the system" for your best benefit--read it anyway!
We've had a large number of backers new to Kickstarter (over 150, wow!) and figured in addition to an Update we'd post an FAQ about how Pinnacle uses Kickstarter including when the money is paid, how Add-Ons work, how you get PDFs, and what to expect in the BackerKit survey. It's a lot to take in if you're new here!
"Backing" the Kickstarter
So you're interested in getting a great deal on a new game, and want to support our Kickstarter? Thanks!
1. Check out all the Reward options and their shipping costs. We tried to keep the Reward levels simple, for Player and Game Master. If you are a backer in the European Union, we are paying the customs taxes so you don't have to. We know the cost of shipping is still high and we're working on it, but that's just the unfortunate reality right now. If this is a problem for you, we suggest going in on a pledge with a friend. Just Add-On any duplicates you need. Note the friend still needs to pledge at the appropriate digital level to get the PDFs credited to her PEG or DTRPG account.
2. Just want to watch and see how it goes? Pledge a dollar or more to support us and Kickstarter will send these Updates directly to your inbox. Please note that unless you pledge enough for a reward level (like the Digital Player at $15), you are supporting us without any promise of a reward.
3. Scroll down to Stretch Goals. Our initial funding goal was $8,000. We set "Stretch Goals" as incentives for raising that total funding higher, whether by sharing the link to the Kickstarter and getting your friends to support us, or by increasing your total pledge. You'll see that all backers (other than No Reward backers) are already getting a lot of free stuff! And there's more to come. :)
4. Click on the reward level which fits you best. Kickstarter will then prompt you to add a flat shipping fee to the total if you are receiving physical product. This total is charged to the credit card you listed on May 19th when the campaign ends.
What are Add-Ons?
If you backed, say, as a Print Player because you want the Player's Guide in print (but not the Ultimate Player because you didn't want the T shirt), how do you get a set of dice? That's where Add-Ons come in. They help you customize your order and help us unlock more stretch goals.
Please note only backers at *physical* reward levels may increase their pledges for Add-Ons. This is because we are already shipping you physical items, and we don't want to charge you too much for shipping.
All Add-Ons will be available for purchase during the BackerKit survey at the prices shown on the main campaign page. You don't need to worry about any of them now.
If you want to embrace the Kickstarter tradition that is Add-Ons, read on:
1. Add up the total of the items you want from our Add-On section on the main page. Want to upgrade one book from softcover to Limited Edition hardcover? That's an extra $5. Want a set of dice added to that? Add another $10 for a total of $15.
2. If you choose additional physical items like dice, a T shirt, Bennies, Messenger Bag, or any of the cool minis and books from Palladium, you may see an additional shipping charge later. Books, for example, are typically $1 more. That covers the additional weight, increased packaging, and packing and handling fees. We don't know the shipping rates for all the Add-on items yet--you'll see them in the BackerKit survey.
3. Click on the reward you are already receiving and Kickstarter will prompt you if you want to adjust your pledge. Increase your previous total to add in the total for your Add-Ons. Save the pledge.
4. When the Kickstarter ends on May 19th your credit card will be charged for the adjusted total. Later in the BackerKit survey, the Add-On funds will show up as a credit for you to spend.
The Campaign is over! Where are my PDFs?
Once the campaign ends on May 19th, Kickstarter gets busy collecting your pledges. This can take up to 3 weeks. Once the funds are deposited into our bank account, we export the data and begin cleaning it up.
We remove any pledges which were not collected. Usually we have less than 3% default on their pledges, and we know life happens. Maybe you can pick up the books later on at your FLGS, or the PDFs at our website or DriveThruRPG later on.
We set up the backers and their emails as users on our website and give PDFs based on reward level. This typically takes less than a day--we're pretty good at using our own system. We use the email you log into Kickstarter with, so if you have an account at www.peginc.com already, make sure Kickstarter uses the same email address, please!
When the PDFs are ready, we’ll post an Update telling you to log into our website, then “check out” for your reward level. You will have a 100% off coupon ready to click on, so you won’t be charged any more money. This way we can keep everyone up to date on the most recent version of the PDF easily. And if you delete the PDF from your computer accidentally. just go back and re-download it.
After a couple weeks of collecting any final errata that slipped through our proofers, we update the PDFs of the books and send them to the printer. That's typically when we send final PDFs through DriveThruRPG.com too, although sometimes we're a little faster.
As a digital stretch goal is finished, we put it in your account at www.peginc.com and notify you with an Update.
BackerKit.com survey (target November 2016)
About four months after sending files to the printer, our books and other physical rewards show up at the warehouse. We send out the BackerKit email about a month before these items are expected. The target date right now is November for BackerKit, December to begin shipping (if we make the expanded Player’s Guide stretch goal).
1. Open the email from "Pinnacle Entertainment Group" titled "Response Needed—get your reward for Savage Rifts®!" This will go to the same email account you use for logging into Kickstarter. Note in the email when we will "Lock Down" the surveys. Your credit card will be charged on that day.
2. Click on the link to BackerKit ("Click Here to Respond!")
3. Answer questions to designate which books from your reward package should upgrade to Limited Edition hardcover.
4. If you pledged Add-On dollars, those show up as a credit in the survey. Next you'll have the chance to shop, just like in a regular web store, for Add-On items. As you choose the items the credit is used up. If you Add-On additional items, you'll be asked to pay with a credit card for the outstanding balance.
5. Provide shipping information.
6. Confirm the total and enter your credit card information. Your card will be charged when we "Lock Down" the survey.
The warehouse ships in waves of similar packages. EU folks' packages have to be prepared, then strapped to a pallet and shipped to Germany. We will *try* to coordinate well with everyone involved so we can get you something physical under the tree at Christmas, but we can't promise it.
Hopefully knowing the process helps answer questions, but you can always ask Jodi by email: PEGJodi@gmail.com. As the backer numbers and funding increases, we're adjusting our schedules accordingly. Thanks for supporting Savage Rifts®!Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question