A Kickstarter Booster for The Last Parsec Roleplaying Game for Savage Worlds!
No guards. No rules.
Irongate is an intergalactic prison planet populated by a melting pot of the worst criminals the galaxy has to offer. Left to their own devices the inmates have created a culture of violence, greed, and profit.
And there is profit to be made on Irongate. Built atop the ruins of a former mining colony, the prison operates its own rellium mine. As long as the prisoners produce ore, JumpCorp supplies the inhabitants with food, medicine, and goods they can’t get on the barren planet themselves.
But something has gone wrong. Lately prisoners are escaping. Can your JumpCorp "CorpSec" team infiltrate one of the planet's most ruthless gangs and discover how they're performing this impossible feat?
Or maybe your crew goes a different direction. Maybe they're guilty as hell and want to find a way off. Or run the place! Your GM can use the Irongate source material however she wants!
Irongate is a post-apocalyptic wasteland and cyberpunk dystopia built on scavenged technology. Parts are an urban nightmare of overcrowded streets where no one is safe and everything is for sale. Criminals are here for life. Some see this as a death sentence, others as licensed anarchy and opportunity!
And Stars help those poor souls sent here by mistake…
Inside you'll find:
- Irongate: The background and story of JumpCorp's most notorious prison world and the system tainted by it.
- Characters: New Edges, Hindrances, weapons, vehicles, gear, and more!
- Setting Rules: Rules for Scavenging, Notoriety, "The Twitch," and more!
- Savage Tales: Adventures and a full-length Plot Point Campaign, Escape Clause!
- Creatures of Irongate: The prisoners aren't the only life forms on this rock!
We first experimented with the concept of a "Booster" on our Lankhmar: Savage Seas of Nehwon project. In essence, it's a smaller Kickstarter for a support book or product for our existing game lines instead of an all new setting like our recent Flash Gordon™ project.
So why not just release it to stores, like in the old days? Great question. We do release our books through normal distribution. But we find many of our customers don't have a local game store or their store doesn't carry anything but the big guys and a ton of board games. So Kickstarter is our best option for those customers.
Since a support book is a single product, a regular Kickstarter with tons of Stretch Goals doesn't make sense, so here's the deal:
- If you want Irongate and the extras we're offering with it, back this Kickstarter Booster.
- If you want Irongate but prefer to support your local store, GREAT! You can pledge for the PDF here if you like, get the Booster Rewards, then order the print version of the book from your store later this year. (But be sure to tell them or they might not get it on their own!)
So what do you get by supporting us here? Glad you asked!
Backers who pledge at the Irongate (Digital) level and above get all these Booster Reward PDFs:
- Free Archetypes: All backers get the existing Last Parsec archetypes.
- MORE Archetypes: John Goff has created nine NEW archetypes for The Last Parsec, suitable for use with Irongate or your own JumpCorp campaign!
- Ship Maps: All four ship maps, including the Freighter, Pirate Ship, Research Vessel, and Dropship!
- Table Tents: Form-fillable print and play foldable character cards, perfect for home or convention play.
- A Fistful of Ones and Zeroes: A full-length adventure you can use independently or within the Irongate Plot Point Campaign! John Goff is on deck for this one. He wrote the Leviathan book for The Last Parsec so expect danger, excitement, and a twist or three!
- The Jump: The Last Parsec Original Soundtrack!
If you missed the original Last Parsec Kickstarter, you can get into it now. It's inspired by the excitement and exploration of TSR's beloved Star Frontiers®, with the player characters working for a massive, universe-wide group called JumpCorp.
JumpCorp explores systems, protects them, and in many cases runs them. Irongate is a prison planet JumpCorp Security (JumpSec) uses to for the worst the star system has to offer.
You can download the absolutely free Primer here right now and see what it's all about.
Each sourcebook features a planet or system and a Plot Point Campaign* that lets the heroes interact with their most interesting features.
(*What's a Plot Point Campaign? Most of our Savage Worlds setting books feature a backstory the GM can weave between her own adventures, running the various "plot point" adventures when the party reaches certain Ranks or triggers specific events. It's a great framework to tell big stories, integrate her own adventures and ideas, and accommodate player character backgrounds into epic and memorable campaigns!)
The Savage World of The Last Parsec
What all have we made for The Last Parsec? An expanded Core book, three settings, a GM's Screen and adventure, four poster maps of ships, cards, Bennies, custom dice, archetypes, Figure Flats, miniatures, and more!
If you're new to the setting, you can save a megaton with our Last Parsec Collector's Box, available at the Softcover or Hardcover Limited Edition Collector's Box Reward levels at right (while they last!)
The box sets contains:*
- The Last Parsec Core +PDF
- Eris Beta V +PDF
- Leviathan +PDF
- Scientorium +PDF
- GM Screen & Enigma Equation Adventure +PDFs
- Map Set: Dropship/Freighter +PDFs
- Map Set: Pirate/Research Ship +PDFs
- The Last Parsec Double Action Decks
- The Last Parsec Bennies (20)
- The Last Parsec Dice Set
*Books are softcover in regular edition or hardcover in Limited Edition.
- How the Life Goes On by Michael Conn
- Scrapped by Call of Duty® Creative Director Cameron Dayton
- Fabricated Dreams by Dark Sun® creator Timothy Brian Brown
- Echoes by Star Trek Online® designer Christine Thompson
- A Clear Understanding of Honor by 7th Sea Creator John Wick
- The Searchers by Shane Hensley
Besides the bundles listed in the the Rewards, you can also add on our amazing Last Parsec miniatures, sculpted by our friends at Bronze Age Minis.
If you already know you want them all, you can add $60 to your pledge now.
Or you can wait until we send out links to the pledge manager survey to add them, or order individual miniatures as you like.
There are dozens of reviews, actual plays, home campaign teasers, and more on YouTube. Search for "The Last Parsec" and check them out for yourself. Here are a few we know about!
(Please note these are not official Pinnacle videos and we can't take any responsibility for quality, adult language, mature themes, or other issues.)
Fan Made Teasers & Trailers!
Actual Play Videos
New to Savage Worlds? Check out a completely free, 100% playable version of it right here!
We'll charge for shipping after the Kickstarter using a pledge manager, but below is a table estimating how much the shipping will be. It's possible these prices may go down as we continue to seek out different options, but we won't charge you any more than what's listed below.
International Friends: customs taxes like the VAT and GST will be collected following the Kickstarter in the pledge manager survey. This way you shouldn't pay anything further to receive your package. Our shipping agreements file in the EU, EFTA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
We ship direct from our warehouse to your store so you can add anything else from our stock to the order! Domestic stores in the continental United States receive FREE shipping on this order, no matter the size. International stores receive discounted shipping. We handle each retail order individually to get you the best rate.
After the campaign ends and all money has been released from Kickstarter, we'll post an Update with instructions on how to access your PDFs from www.PEGinc.com. Shortly after that, we'll send links through RPGNow/DriveThruRPG.
Risks and challenges
Full transparency... we're printing the book no matter what and have the funds to do so. The Kickstarter is to help get the word out and cover the extras. Pinnacle Entertainment Group has launched and delivered 17 Kickstarter projects so far. Please click on Shane's name to check them out (PEG Kickstarters predate companies being able to have Kickstarter accounts). Thanks!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (20 days)