This project's funding goal was not reached on June 20, 2012.
About this project
Footwork was developed with the rationale that door-to-door political canvassing using the traditional clipboards and paper could be made much more efficient, enjoyable, and effective with the use of mobile phone technology for routing canvassers and collecting data. Footwork is two parts, one a mobile app canvassers use for routing and data collection, and a workstation console that field organizers use in managing their ground game, giving them unprecedented control and measurable statistics.
Footwork aims to accomplish 8 feats
- Eliminating hauling around the clipboard and paper, allowing canvassers to walk much easier and more naturally with use of both their arms.
- Social Media Integration. Allow your canvassers to integrate their Footwork account with Facebook and Twitter, which will proudly display "Tegan Snyder knocked on 78 doors and walked 4.5 miles for Darl Naumann for County Board using Footwork" and will drive viral interest in your campaign activity.
- Deliver Metrics. Footwork will provide real-time metrics and statistics such as how many doors your canvasser has knocked, how many doors per hour they are hitting, etc. Don't wonder if your volunteer finished their turf, see it in real time. If your paid-canvasser tries faking their stats and enters 50 erroneous addresses within 3 minutes standing in the same GPS location, you can spot it. You can set up auto-generated weekly emails to your volunteers displaying their statistics and the countdown to election, keeping them engaged in the campaign and more likely to complete their assigned turf.
- Eliminates Driving Time. The days of driving across town to pick up turf and driving it back are over. Field organizers using the Footwork console deploy turf in real time, and with a quick call your canvassers will never run out of turf again.
- Prevents Backtracking Missed Turf. While canvassers with paper lists often miss houses and get confused, Footwork takes canvassers from house to house using the most efficient path possible.
- Eliminates Data Entry. Footwork will export a file which can be bulk uploaded to any existing voter tracking database.
- Achieving Accuracy in Data Collected. What field organizer hasn't came across scribbled writings or unusual symbols on a walk turf and wondered what the canvasser was trying to communicate?
- Eliminates Data Delay. While most campaigns have seen paper data sheets stack up for days (or weeks), Footwork data is easily extracted and uploaded. Leverage tonight's canvassing data in a targeted mailing you send out tomorrow morning.
Social Network Integration via Custom Open Graph Actions
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (58 days)