About this project
Seven years. Two albums. Making cool Jewish music for thousands of people in dozens of
communities across the country. Amazing interactions with new friends and fans
who have welcomed us into their synagogues, their schools, their homes, and
their hearts. The personal connections we've made and the sacred moments we've
shared have been powerful, moving, and deeply meaningful. We thank YOU for
making all of this happen!
Now, Sababa is ready to head back into the studio to record our third album of exciting new tunes that showcase our signature style: spirited songs rooted in Jewish texts and traditions, impeccable multi-layered harmonies, and catchy, memorable melodies that are highly usable in camps, schools, and on the bima. But we need your help and support to make this new recording a reality!
Wow! It looks like you guys made a lot more money then you asked for! Should I still give to the Kickstarter campaign? And what are you going to do with the extra funding?
Yes, WOW! We are also blown away by the response, and by the generosity of our many friends. Thank you so much for your support! The SHORT answer is YES, please do continue to contribute to our campaign. You'll get a cool reward and the money won't go to waste. The LONGER answer has a few parts…
1. We set a relatively low goal of $5,400.00 for the campaign, so that we would be sure to meet it (if you don't hit your goal you get nothing, and this is our first time doing this so we didn't know what to expect).
2. We originally planned to spend around $10,000 altogether, figuring that we'd cover about half ourselves and raise the other half. But with the additional money we've raised, we'll be able to afford a few "upgrades" - like bringing in a notable mix artist, or hiring a Grammy-award winning mastering engineer, or flying in a special surprise guest vocalist, or hiring a graphic designer so Steve doesn't have to do it himself and Robbi doesn't have to hound Steve because it's taking too long. Plus, having more money than we planned on just takes some of the pressure off for the miscellaneous and sometimes unanticipated expenses of recording.
3. We have been thinking that since we are about to have three (!) albums out, and since we get a lot of requests for written music, that we should produce a Sababa songbook. Music transcription, typesetting, editing, artwork, printing, binding, etc. adds up quickly. Any money left after the recording is complete will go to fund a Sababa Songbook.
4. A big chunk of our funding came from a few very large gifts, including one "the whole megillah" pledge of $5,400.00, and several $1,800.00 "event" pledges. These were (pleasantly) unexpected, but will have some costs associated with them – so EVERY gift really helps.
5. Even now that we’ve met our goal, whatever level you pledge at you will receive something really cool and valuable - like only $18.00 for a brand new, personally autographed CD? Such a deal!
So... even though we've exceeded our goal, we still greatly appreciate all the love and will gratefully accept your support. THANK YOU!
I belong to a congregation/camp/JCC/etc. that would like to have Sababa come in for an event. Can I do that through Kickstarter?
Yes! There are several entities who did just that! For $1,800.00, you can host Sababa for a rockin' participatory, energetic event, at about half our normal concert fee (though travel and expenses are the responsibility of the host). Check out the different reward levels for the details of what is included.
Of course! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you right away.
Support this project
- (36 days)