In spite of all of the ethereal opposition thrown our way by lawn gnomes, the FV Press team is excited to present Grifty Shades of Fey: Cautionary Tales Uncovering the Darker Side of the Fair Folk*.
Most likely we are stepping into a mountain of curses, ensuring a plentitude of ingrown toenails, curdled milk, lost pets, and other tricksy pixie mischief, but we are willing to endure it all if we can provide the world fantastic fiction!
*Despite any coincidental similarities in title to a certain book, Grifty Shades of Fey will not contain mature content--sure there are naughty fairies, but not that kind of naughty fairies.
These aren't your run-of-the-mill fairy tales. The stories in this anthology are all about conniving creatures. We didn't limit the genre, so expect humor, horror, romance, and tragedy.
Really, we hope, by reading these stories, you will avoid making the mistake of trusting any type of Fair Folk. Still, if you do make that mistake, we'd sure love to include your future unfortunate story in volume two of this anthology.
These authors are the real magicians. We have a mix of talent, some familiar names, some new, all great. Here are a few:
- David Farland
- Sarah Hoyt
- Patti Larsen
- Johnny Worthen
- Michaelbrent Collings
- AJ Benson
- Martin L Shoemaker
- Clayton Snyder
- Kevin Nielsen
That's not an extensive list, but as we get closer to our goal, we will reveal some more!
Oh. Oh. We almost forgot! There are a few slots we intentionally left open. Yep. Inquire about submissions at firstname.lastname@example.org (that's our Editor in Chief).
We would like to say it's all for your benefit, but that's only partially true. FV Press is a new publishing company. We need street cred. We need you to know who we are so you will read all of our other amazing fiction works from our pool of over 50 authors.
We could also say it's all for the money... ha.ha.ha.ha. Take a look at this chart below and you'll see what a pot of gold this is for us:
If this campaign is funded, we will grant your wish in the form of books. Surprise!
- Digital, paperback, and hardcover copies of Grifty Shades of Fey.
- Digital artwork, desktop wallpapers, printable files, and possibly more. Heck, we might even throw in a bookmark.
- Button Badges! Like the artwork on this page? We will let you wear it! Look for more as the campaign continues!
- We also have a limited amount of decoy books. Essentially, they have the cover, but the interior is blank. Use it as a journal or a prank, your choice. Notice the 'Evil Fairy' face!
- Even more intriguing, Mike's neighbor, Jon, says his cousin's friend's mother was almost certainly a fairy, and that qualifies Jon in making authentic-ish fairy wands. However, we wash our hands of any backfired spells.
Apart from weird warts, the risks are minimal. But there are some.
Risks and challenges
We don't foresee complications. However, there could be production delays, shipping logistic delays, author-editor fist fighting, and printing mishaps. We have included a buffer in our September timeline to try and compensate for any issues.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)