Youthful idealism collides with U.S. policy, and family history, in a story that asks: What does it take to do good in the world? Read more
This project was successfully funded on May 16, 2012.
At 42% with 21 days to go - THANK YOU!
Hi friends and fans of GOT BALZ?,In case you are not on our newsletter list yet, here's details of our progress...
It's been a big few weeks for our film project as we launched our Kickstarter fundraising campaign to finish the film. Support has come from many directions:
- Grammy award-winning band, Bon Iver, gave us permission to use their music in our Kickstarter video:click here.
- Cuban Jazz/Klezmer great, Roberto Juan Rodriguez, is giving us a great deal on his music for the film: view the trailer.
- Hebrew Hammer, Al Rosen, MVP and 4 time All-Star, has signed 12 baseballs for campaign donors.
- New Yorker cover illustrator, Mark Ulriksen, is offering wonderful baseball prints to campaign donors.
- Photographers Najib Joe Hakim, Steve Brock, & Anita Bowen (see campaign homepage) donated beautiful photography.
Ninety people showed up to celebrate the film and see clips from our Cuba footage at Sports Basement in San Francisco. We had a great time, listened to some terrific music by Passion Habaneras (check them out at myspace) and raised $3,000.
We are grateful to the 127 donors who've made tax deductible contributions so far. Thank you! Thank you!!!
Somewhere in your life there is someone who loves baseball, wants to change the national conversation about Cuba, or who cares about youth involvement in social issues. Please send them this Kickstarter link:http://kck.st/gotbalz.
Marcia and Ken/PatchWorks Films