Summary of the Exhibition
53° is an exhibition displaying the works of Falmouth University’s Fashion Photography final year students. The event offers an opportunity for the public and industry professionals alike to gain a sense of the creative calibre that the UK’s No.1 Arts University is producing. Displaying a broad range of photographic disciplines and inspirations, each photographer presents their work reflecting each of their personal, professional and artistic agendas. It represents their ultimate work; photographs that demonstrate what each have learned over their three years on the course. The exhibition will take place between the 4th and 7th of May 2017 in Hoxton Arches Gallery.
About the Kickstarter
As a cohort we have had a wonderful and inspiring three years at Falmouth University and are now incredibly excited for the opportunity to showcase our talent to a wider audience in the fashion capital of the UK. To be able to achieve this, we need your help to fund our Exhibition!
The exhibition is entirely self-funded and whilst fundraising has been incredibly successful thus far with our cake and clothing sales and various weekly events that have helped us raise the deposit to secure our amazing venue, we need your help to raise £6,500 to ensure that we can put on a professional and exciting event.
Your money will be going to great use, most importantly it will allow us to print our work to the highest professional standards and transport it along with all of our equipment the massive 295 miles from Cornwall to London. There is also the final balance on the venue to pay!
We have also worked with a talented graphic designer to create some amazing posters and we would like them to be seen! We will be promoting the exhibition around London to ensure we get the best exposure that we can. The quality of the talent on show deserves a huge audience to kickstart some amazing futures!
To thank you for the money you pledge, there are a variety of exciting rewards for your generosity:
· For just a single pound you will receive a credit in our exhibition programme as an acknowledgement of how vital our donors are.
· Donate £25 and we will send you 3 images from the exhibition as postcard prints.
· A £50 donation will earn you a premium quality 10 x 8 inch fine art print of your choice from the exhibition, signed by the photographer.
· Donors of £100 will receive an exclusive tote bag emblazoned with the 53° Degrees logo, filled with goodies only available to donors and a 10x8 signed print from the exhibition of your choice.
· For £250 you will receive an A3 premium quality fine art print of your choice from the exhibition, signed by the photographer and a goodybag.
· Donate £500 and we will send you a premium quality fine art print at A2 size, signed by the photographer, an A3 signed print of your choice from the exhibition and a goodybag.
· Donors of £1000 will receive a photoshoot day with an exhibition photographer of their choosing, the images from your photoshoot experience; a premium quality signed A2 exhibition print of your choice from the exhibition as well as a goody bag.
If you’d like to keep up to date with what we’re doing, please follow our Instagram @53degreesexhibition or head over to our website http://53degreesexhibition.com/
Photographers exhibiting are:
Abbey Mccartney, Abi Holister, Alice Vosper, Amber Trudgon, Amy George, Anna Burnett, Becky Allen, Bee Rance, Bruce Mazibuko, Bryony Padwick, Catlin Davis, Celine Brekne, Charlotte Melish, Chloe Alder, Eilis Bell, Ellenor Betts, Elliot Maynard, Francesca Berridge, Fruzina Bodnar, Harry Gregory, Holly Squires, Ingrid Reigstad, Jemma Ford, Jonathan Wilson, Jordan Woods, Kathryn Eagling, Lauern Birnie-Coll, Lucy Rooney, Lucy Romayah, Megan Pitt, Megan Hemsworth, Megan Langford, Millie Wallace, Mitchell Severs, Molly Tillbrook, Nadia Macintyre, Nicole Loucaides, Olivia Plant, Peter Ashenhurst, Sarah Button, Sarah Marie, Scarlett Bird, Scarlett Langley, Shannon Darby-Jones, Sian Williams, Skye Price-Elliot, Sophie Waitt, Tara Maguire, Thea Geldi, Tricia Cooper.
Risks and challenges
Without your help the exhibition cannot go ahead. We eagerly anticipate the support to raise the £6,500 to ensure we throw an amazing exhibition but should we not be able to raise the required target, your pledge will not be taken from your account.
If we succeed in our aims, the next few months will be an exciting but busy period as we dedicate our time to completing our images for the exhibition. Your rewards will be prepared and shipped once the exhibition is over. At this time we are unable to reveal which images will be used for the postcards and prints.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)