Hello everyone, and an early Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you. We have a few things to update you on today. First there is a new version of Spriter. If you have automatic update notifications or the Steam version, you should already have it. If not, download it here.
The change-log is at the end of this post, and there's a couple of cool new features, and important bug fixes, so please take a look.
Spriter Pro owners, you will also find you have new Essentials art content available to you. We will post more information about our new environment art pack in the next few days.
And lastly, we have a holiday sale going on on our site and on Steam. Spriter and all art packs are 50% off on our site if you use the coupon code "Happy Holidays". The same discount is available in Steam's holiday sale, no coupon code required.
Enjoy, and again Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Spriter Release 10
Additions and Enhancements
- Improved z-order handling when copy-pasting. Will attempt to find paste at the same z-order relative to the copied object(s), and fall back on the absolute z-order index if necessary
- Added right-click options to copy relative and absolute z-order to all frames for a selected object.
- Added notification on task bar when an export is complete on Mac and Windows
- Added a button to open the current project folder (on the right side of the main icon bar)
- Added 'paste difference to all frames'. Ctrl-U will take a snapshot of a single selected object. After taking a snapshot, make any desired changes, and then Ctrl-I will paste the difference to all frames. For example if you take a snapshot of a sprite, and then rotate it 10 degrees, and move it 5 pixels to the left. The difference paste will apply the 10 degree rotation and 5 pixel movement to the current sprite angle and position on all other frames
- Added Move or Die game mod export. Watch the forums/announcements for further details in the near future.
- Fixed a bug where right-click copy to all frames wasn't working
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the edit pivot point dialog wouldn't appear when double clicking an image in the file palette
- Fixed a bug where altering the pivot point of a non-character mapped image would incorrectly real time preview the pivot point change in the canvas
- Fixed a bug where padding changes could lag one change behind on the sprite sheet generation dialogue
- Fixed a bug where animation intervals were not loading
- Fixed a bug where saving a resized project as scon would save the old file sizes
- Fixed a bug where scon saves would always contain a <gline> tag, even if it there were no guidelines to save
- Fixed a bug where changes made after undoing a copy z-order to all frames action would cause it to appear as if all animation keyframes were deleted