Happy new year, and thanks so much for your patience and support during the long wait for the private alpha release Spriter 2. We're sorry we cut it so close for releasing "in late 2018". (It was still 2018 in BrashMonkey headquarters' timezone when it went live).
We wanted a more feature complete alpha for this first release, but doing so would have brought us some days into 2019, so we figured we'd get the ball rolling now and give you something to play with until the next build comes very early in the new year.
The current build is just a single feature preview for the latest feature we've been working on.
Please head on down to the private forums for more information on how to get started.
We're pleased to announce that Spriter 2 is far enough along in development to release a teaser video and open it up for pre-orders. Of course, if you already own Spriter Pro through this Kickstarter, you will be getting Spriter 2 as a free upgrade, so there's no need to pre-order. Thank you again to all of our Kickstarter backers for your generosity which made all of this possible, and for your zen-like patience during this long journey.
To celebrate this milestone, we're having a store-wide sale. Use coupon code : SPRITER2 in our store to get 35 percent off anything on our store.
Anyone who owned Spriter Pro during or prior to this sale will be the first members of the community be eligible to participate in the private beta sometime in 2018.
Stay tuned at spriter2.com, our Kickstarter posts, or our social media for future teasers and updates as things progress.
Please help spread the word by liking and sharing this video and our posts on social media.
We're proud to announce the release of the Dream Frontiers Environment art pack.
Perfect for side scrolling platforms, this pack stands great on it's own or makes the perfect extension to the Dreamworld Adventures pack we released several months back.
The pack is now available on our online store and for the next 6 days is on sale at 25 percent off of the full price of 12.99.
Be sure to use coupon code: FRONTIERS for your 25 percent discount on the pack.
It's also available on Steam for the same 25 percent off for 7 days.
For everyone who owns Spriter Pro, don't forget you get the reduced content Essentials version of this new art pack for free, so check back where you download your essentials packs from and it should be there.
Hello everyone. Here's a new Spriter release with a couple of minor additions and several important bug fixes. Enjoy!
Spriter Release 11
Additions and Enhancements
- Added pro feature to allow you to set background guide images per animation. It's impossible to accidentally move or edit the background images unless you enter the guide image editing mode. Guide image information is saved in a way that will be ignored by external implemenations and Spriter's own spritesheet generation.
- Hovering over metadata keys (variables and tags) now reveals their data
- Spriter will now prevent you from attempting to export to png/gif with an invalid custom rect source or target size (previously exited the dialog without exporting)
- Added option to right-click to rename in the z-order and hierarchy panes
- Fixed a bug where moving animations from one entity to another would result in missing objects if the target entity already contained those objects
- Fixed a crash that would occur upon closing the edit variable dialog if a key was double clicked to open it and then that key was removed in the dialog
- Fixed a bug where variable keys couldn't be created in new animations created after the new variable was added
- Fixed a bug where if a project was loaded with an entity that contained a variable, keys for that variable couldn't be created in animations that didn't already have at least one key
- Fixed a bug that allowed you to drag an animation containing a sub-entity into the entity it was using as a sub-entity. This would corrupt the animation, as entities cannot be sub-entities of themselves
- Fixed a bug that would cause objects to incorrectly update angles on multiple keys after being drag/dropped under certain circumstances
- Fixed a bug where copy and pasting pivot points wouldn't work in certain situations
- Fixed several bugs and a crash when moving animations from one entity to another under certain conditions
- Spriter now attempts to automatically repair broken file associations that would cause default pivot points to reset to the top-left corner