About this project
Hello, I'm Lauren Janis - Founder and lead biscuiteer of Big Daddy Biscuits. In 2009 I started an all natural, organic dog biscuit company and named it after my best friend - Big Daddy. Big Daddy is an American Bulldog who was abandoned and found wandering around the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary. I met him through a friend- fell in-love-at-first-sight - and he immediately became a member of my family.
Soon after adopting Daddy, a company I had worked for for ten years downsized me, so I needed a little rescue myself. Big Daddy (and some dear family members) inspired me to make and sell some dog biscuits at a local farmers market. Over the past three years we have built a strong customer base and our biscuits are now sold in over 35 retail locations and seven local farmers markets. With this success we have out-grown our current production facility - my home kitchen - and are in need of some capital to grow the business to the next level.
Some of the purchases we need to make are:
- a 30 quart Hobart mixer
- a large commercial grade oven
- and more gumball dispensers - which we convert to dispense our smaller biscuits in various coffee shops and pet stores around Atlanta.
With the support of our community, we know we can make our Kickstarter goal and grow our business to the next level! By being successful, we will be able to accomplish the following:
- hire more people so that we can get our biscuits to your dog. This will help our community as well. In addition to the local farmers that help us with our ingredients
- become your dog biscuit of choice nationally
- we will also be able to help more local rescue groups
- get to know our great story and dog behind the name.
Thanks so much for your support and look forward to sharing our Big Daddy Biscuits with your furry friend.
Find more about us: www.bigdaddybiscuits.com
The ovens will help us be able to bake our biscuits several times a week. At this time w only bake two days a week. With the growth of the company I need to bake several times a week so we are able to get more biscuits to all the dogs
- (45 days)