A Revolution in Interactive App Creation
Assuming most people may not want to read beyond the first couple of paragraphs I will quickly tell you what the InteractBuilder is and why you should think about pledging your hard earned money for this project.
It's time to revolutionize the app creation market. We rely on complex tools and programmers to produce results that can and should be produced by content creators.
We founded our company with the intent of providing a tool that allowed non programmers to create interactive books. After over 18 months of having our flagship product in the marketplace we realized that we could create something that is even easier to use than the current version with expanded functionality to allow the creation of all kinds of apps. The InteractBuilder is a tool for anyone who uses a tablet (and even a desktop) that would like to deliver rich interactive content such as:
- Interactive Children's Books
- Interactive Photo Albums
- Rich Educational Material
- An Interactive Presentation
- Interactive Greeting Cards
- Interactive Games
- Interactive Training Manuals
The possibilities are endless. InteractBuilder 3.0 is the most powerful, easy to use/free to use, cross platform tool for turning boring static media into engaging interactive media on desktops, tablets and smartphones. We need $25,000 to launch InteractBuilder 3.0 out to the world. This funding will be used to further expand our development efforts and kick start our marketing campaign for InteractBuilder 3.0. We will use this funding to finalize our product development efforts and further expand our product to multiple platforms.
My journey began a couple of years ago when my friend Richard asked me to convert some older award winning educational games that he had developed over a decade ago for the Apple 2 to work on iPhones and iPads. My first step was to open up some books on XCode (I'm a programmer but did not know XCode), well I immediately realized that this was not an easy task even for a seasoned programmer. What also became apparent to me was that the games I was trying to convert were really interactive books and not full blown games. I started thinking to myself that it would be much easier for me to develop a general platform for building interactive books and make it easy enough for anyone to create there own interactive books. So I focused my development efforts on this task, hired some additional programmers and we began to build the first version of InteractBuilder.
In addition to creating software to help non programmers build interactive books we also released an app for consuming books and called it InteractBooks. We wanted to make this app unique in the sense that it allowed for a lot of personalization. Since it was targeted at kids we wanted to allow the user to decorate their bookcases, maintain multiple bookcases and the ability to have different looking bookcases.
Soon after release of the InteractBuilder we started seeing our InteractBuilder community members create some amazing interactive books such as Bill the Fish by Brett Curzon.
As we continued to grow and expand the product our community kept creating some incredible interactive books and not a single one of our community members is a programmer or even has programming experience. We wish we could show you all of our books here, but there are just too many to show.
One book that we are extremely proud of was created and built by Garret Wren. Garret created an interactive educational book for young children called All About Airports. Garret is a former Disney lead animator and worked on Toy Story and the Lion King among other movies. All About Airports truly showcases the power of our platform with it's advanced animations and highly interactive content.
I am not the type of person that rests on his laurels, in fact I have always been known to live on the forefront of technology (some may call it the BLEEDING EDGE), so I decided to completely rebuild the InteractBuilder and with the help of a brilliant programmer we decided to start the project from the ground up and take what we learned in the first two versions of the InteractBuilder and make it into something that was not only better and easier to use but a tool that was more powerful and a lot more versatile.
The idea behind InteractBuilder 3.0 is to provide a tool that is extremely powerful but also easy to use that will be targeted at non programmers. The tool will be easy enough for kids and adults alike, and can be used to create all different types of interactive apps that can easily be shared with friends and family or distributed via the multiple marketplaces.
InteractBuilder 3.0 provides a platform for developing, prototyping, deploying and publishing interactive media. InteractBuilder 3.0 is extremely robust and allows non-technical users to build elaborate interactive media that lends itself to the new generation of technology platforms by exploiting the use of gestures and tablet-based touch screen behaviors that the end user is able to interact with.
You can view some of our videos showing how easy it is to use the InteractBuilder by visiting our forums:
The best news it that the InteractBuilder 3.0 software is FREE TO USE!!! Users will only pay when the want to publish their app in a commercial marketplace or choose to share their app with more than 5 people.
The Tee Shirt Pledge
Great fit and super soft. At InteractStudios we feel that using the InteractBuilder not only helps bring what you imagine into reality but it also lets anyone bust out of things that confine you. Thanks to Brett Curzon and his amazing vision and incredible talent we have a tee shirt that truly reflects this with a beautifully unique artwork that really delivers our message.
What is True Interactive Media?
There are a number of companies that claim they produce interactive publications, when in truth they are are creating simple e-books or at best a touch and play interaction to move to the next page. The same can be said for other media-like presentations that are developed in KeyNote or Powerpoint offering very little interactivity, perhaps they have some animations, but the user is not fully engaged by these tools to the extent that they can be using the new generation of devices.
- Imagine children opening a book on the iPad and being able to touch the screen and make the story come to life, with characters talking, moving and interacting back with the reader. Imagine the book challenging the child with intelligent questions and inspiring educational games. Imagine a child reading the book in one language and with a touch it reads back to them in another.
- Imagine a greeting card that delivers a message to your loved one which is not just a static message but a fun filled card that can contain an interactive message with all types of media including video, animations, and sound.
- Imagine a high school yearbook that not only catalogues the year in photos, but also has video embedded, so you can see the winning touchdown of the homecoming game. Imagine not just seeing your old classmates but hearing them talk back to you about their plans and aspirations.
- Imagine sharing your latest vacation with your friends and family by creating an interactive photo album that can display photos, videos, and even web pages related to your vacation. Providing a total immersive experience that is fun and interactive.
- Imagine a car manual that, through video, narration and animation, showed you exactly where and how to check your oil. Imagine a car manual that was specific to your car and included only the extras that your car had.
- Imagine a sales brochure that when uploaded to a salespersons iPhone, it allowed them to show the most up to date products and how they worked. This same brochure can easily be shared with perspective customers and allows them to interact with the brochure by interacting with the app.
- Imagine a corporate presentation that allows the user to interact with the presentation and not just be passively shown static information on a page.
- Imagine kids building interactive games in a classroom environment while they learn all about the new era of digital media.
In addition to the InteractBuilder 3.0 product we have also designed an app called InteractPlayer. The InteractPlayer app will be used to easily share your interactive apps with your friends and family. If you have content that you do not wish to publish in a commercial marketplace such as the iTunes app store or Google Play, you can easily share your interactive app by simply making it available in the InteractPlayer. The InteractPlayer will run on multiple platforms including iOS devices (iPad's, iPhones and iPod Touch), as well as Android and even on desktops (including Windows, Mac and Linux). Our initial version of the InteractPlayer will run on Apple iOS devices but part of the funding will be used to create a cross platform player.
Thank you so much for reviewing our KickStarter project and considering pledging towards this wonderful product.
"InteractBuilder 3.0 - Where your imagination becomes interactive reality."
5% of profits received will go foward to helping fund other great kickstarter projects! http://kickingitforward.org
Risks and challenges
I have been developing commercial software for almost two decades and with this experience I am hoping to minimize any potential risk or challenge that may arise.
As with any software project one of the biggest risks is the unknown bug, or new feature that is a lot more complex than what you originally thought. So without a doubt the biggest risk factor is not being able to deliver the completed product on time. This risk is greatly reduced because we have a working prototype of this software, however with that said the prototype does not have every bell and whistle and every feature that we have planned for the final release so there is still a risk of a schedule slip.
Our goal is to minimize any such delay by working extra hours and putting in whatever time is necessary to meet our delivery goal. With your help we can pay our developers to put in the hours required to complete this product on or very close to schedule.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)