Missed out on backing the Perfect Notebook?
A notebook and a task manager designed to help you achieve your goals and work-life balance, using a four-step system: PLAN, ACT, MONITOR, REFLECT.
STEP 1: PLAN.
- Plan your "BIG BLOCK" goals for the next two-week cycle.
- A “BIG BLOCK” is a personal or professional task or goal requiring more than one day to complete, and can be broken down into a few daily tasks.
STEP 2: ACT.
- Add to your daily task manager a few small tasks that will get you closer to finishing A "BIG BLOCK" task.
- Then, add all your other tasks to the daily task manager according to their priority.
- Now, act and complete your tasks.
STEP 3: MONITOR.
Cross completed tasks in the daily task manager and mark your progress in the "BIG BLOCKS" dashboard, and gain a visual graph of your focus for the period.
STEP 4: REFLECT.
At the end of a cycle, use the REFLECTION page to learn how you can improve your next cycle.
- Did you achieve your goals or not?
- If yes, how will you maintain them? If no, how can you improve?
- Why didn't you achieve your goals?
- Add, remove and rearrange pages any way you want using a modular disc binding system.
- Refill based on your needs: task management, goal tracking, notebook pages and more.
- Take pocket notes and add them to the notebook.
- Use the two included rulers to bookmark what’s important.
The Perfect Notebook is a fully customizable notebook, packed with unique, highly effective, refillable productivity tools (90 pages, 180 sheets):
Each add-on or refill cost is $7. Some rewards include 3 refills of your choice at a discounted price, but you will also be able to add any add-on once we send out the BackerKit survey.
Why do we so often fail on the tasks that matter to us the most? This is a question asked and answered by Prof. Dan Ariely in several articles and research documents.
We followed Prof. Ariely’s guidelines when we designed our BIG BLOCKS system, which is included in The Perfect Notebook.
Dan Ariely is a Professor of Psychology & Behavioral Economics at Duke University, as well as the author of the New York Times bestsellers Predictably Irrational, The Upside of Irrationality, The Honest Truth About Dishonesty and Pay Off.
The Perfect Notebook never runs out:
- Buy only ONE and keep refreshing it with our refills.
- Manage weight and bulkiness: remove and archive pages you are done with, add new ones and start creating new ideas.
- Opens 360 degrees to save desk space.
What could be better than a notebook you can customize to your particular sense of order?
The Perfect Notebook is not a planner, but a task manager.
The Perfect Notebook uses the daily task pages as a unique feature that allows you to incorporate "BIG BLOCK" tasks everyday, parallel to regular day-to-day tasks.
While many applications for time management exist, none can replace the added value of sitting down with a pen and paper. It’s just faster, way more convenient, and therefore you will actually use it.
Here is what Amy Schellenbaum, Popular Science, had to say:
“Writing things down can make you feel better, mentally and physically.”
“...Once you’ve written down all the tiny things you need to get done, you give your brain the capacity and the encouragement to actually do the things.”
“The manual effort: It’s easy to underestimate the swell of satisfaction from making progress on something physical. To-do lists give nerds like me the thrill of checking something off. It’s a genuinely pleasurable experience.”
“A lot of tech people I know are going back to paper, because a paper planner … there’s still no better tool than a paper planner.” organization and time-management guru, David Allen, said during a recent Wired.com interview.
- Select your preferred reward tier (your card will only be charged at the end of the campaign).
- Choose the accessories and refills that fit your needs.
- At the end of the campaign, we will send you a BackerKit survey, which will allow you to finalize your order, change reward tiers, select more than one reward tier and customize your order with add-ons. Extra shipping rates may apply, depending on your selection(s).
We put a lot of thought into the design of the Perfect Notebook to make sure it would be both effective and beautiful.
Color Palette - the Perfect Notebook couldn’t just use black ink. We tested many colors and shades and finally opted for a color palette which used the the classical Montblanc Leo Tolstoy ink as reference. This beautiful ink shade, printed on a thick, 90 g/gqm, cream colored paper just looks great.
Blue color shades used across The Perfect Notebook:
However, color is not just about looks. We decided to use colors as a simple and intuitive prioritization tool in the daily task pages.
The mechanism is simple - darker blue equals high priority. Lighter blue equals lower priority:
Design: Oren Fait | www.orenfait.com
Video: Yawaradi Studio | www.yawaradi.com
Layout: Maia Lichtenstein
This project is promoted by Jellop, a direct response online advertising agency specializing in Kickstarter campaigns on Facebook Ads and Google AdWords.
Risks and challenges
From our experience, production and fulfillment pose the biggest challenges in a Kickstarter campaign.
We are working hard to make sure we fulfill the demand by producing and delivering the notebook according to schedule, so you receive your notebook on time.
To achieve this goal, we have teamed up with a leading printing company that will help us with production and logistics, ensuring you will get your notebook quickly.
- (26 days)