This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Tue, July 31 2018 3:58 PM UTC +00:00.
THE STORY OF MINT
MINT Playing Cards originally launched on on Kickstarter in 2016. The project was extremely well received and became one of the highest funded playing card projects ever. The Launch Editions decks have been completely sold out for over a year now. Fans of the cards have sent countless messages asking when they will be available again...
NOW IS THE TIME.
With your support, we can bring back a new and improved MINT with fresh new flavors! After months of planning and development, 52Kards is proud to present MINT 2.
2ND EDITION Updates
- Fresh new flavors. (Blueberry MINT and Frost MINT)
- A refined card stock for optimal handling. (Crushed Casino Grade Bee Stock)
- Major improvements to the MINT Marking System.
- The back design pattern has been slightly expanded for a cleaner look.
THE BACK DESIGN
Using a classical approach to design, MINT offers an aesthetic that is familiar, but fresh. The elegant repeating pattern evokes the decks that have survived the test of time.
- A modern take on traditional playing card design.
- Thin borders for more aesthetic spreads and fans.
- Simple, clean, and elegant.
FRESH NEW FLAVORS
The Second Edition MINT's are available in these flavors:
- A crisp shade of blue.
- So fresh and so clean :)
CUCUMBER MINT (Stretch Goal UNLOCKED!)
- This flavor has been unlocked!
- An elegant shade of green.
Kickstarter Exclusive. Limited to 12x maximum per Backer
- LIMITED EDITION KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE!
- FROST MINT won't be for sale again after this 30-day campaign is over.
- These decks are an add-on and cost $19 each.
- To reserve your decks, simply add $19 to your pledge per deck.
- Each backer is allowed to reserve a maximum of 12x Frost MINT decks. This rule will be strictly enforced to keep the decks truly limited in nature.
- Frost MINT features a beautiful borderless design with metallic inks.
- The tuck box design will remain a surprise for now, but trust that it will be especially handsome.
- This deck is expected to become a high value collectible item.
- Currently, the original Limited Edition Black MINT deck gets sold on Ebay for $150-$200 PER DECK!
FACE CARD DESIGNS
- The face designs are mostly traditional.
- MINT is designed with magicians in mind, so standard face designs help make the cards look relatable and innocent.
- Classic court card designs with a modern touch of MINT.
- A beautiful Ace of Spades.
THE CARD QUALITY
The quality of the cards is of upmost importance. MINT 2 will be printed by the renowned United States Playing Card Company with precise specifications and the highest quality standards possible. The cards will handle like a dream :)
The Card Stock
- MINT 2 will be printed on a Crushed Casino Grade Bee stock.
- The goal is to create long lasting cards that are buttery soft and have a healthy snap.
- The cards will be coated with the legendary Air Cushion Finish.
- The silky smooth surface is perfect for creating beautiful spreads and fans.
- The cards will be Traditionally cut.
- This aids in the process of executing weaving techniques and Faro shuffles.
THE MINT MARKING SYSTEM
The MINT design includes an ingenious marking system that allows you to read the identity of the card by looking at the back design. Magicians can take advantage of this clever feature. (Please use responsibly!!!)
- Major upgrades have been made to the intuitive marking system.
- A brand new innovative feature has been added.
- Now 25% larger markings for easier reads (still invisible to the uninitiated).
- If you can read a clock, you can read the MINT Marking System
- See Project Update #8 for more details on this.
THE TUCK CASE
- Beautiful tuck case design
- Manufactured with a luxurious paper stock.
- Laced with gleaming foil.
- Custom tax stamp seal.
- Cards come in Mnemonica stack order.
- Decks will wrapped in cellophane for protection.
Blueberry/Cucumber MINT Deck - $13 per deck
Frost MINT Deck - $19 per deck. Kickstarter Exclusive. Limited to 12x decks maximum per backer.
FOILED Frost MINT deck [Collectors Edition] - $26. Limited to 1x per backer. See Project Update #6 for details on this.
The MINT Card Case - $39. The BEST way to protect and carry your cards. See Project Update #9 for details on this.
MINT Merch - $23 per Shirt. See the designs in Project Update #10.
Cucumber MINT - Unlocked!!! This new flavor will now be available as an option! It costs the same amount as the Blueberry MINT decks, so if you already pledged for those, you will be able to mix and match them with Cucumber decks as well.
Custom Brick Boxes - Unlocked!!! Any backer who pledges for at least 12x decks will receive the decks in a Beautiful Custom Brick Box. These Brick Boxes will be created with a luxurious paper stock and feature the MINT Logo elegantly foil stamped on top. It will be an excellent way to receive and display your new MINT decks! Backers will receive 1x Custom Brick Box for every 12x decks they order.
Digital Content Bundle - This will be unlocked when we hit $400,000.
I'll commit to creating some awesome content to bundle with the decks for this project. I can't be too specific yet about what exactly this content will be, or how it will be presented; but you can trust that it will be really good! I'll definitely be covering some marking system applications, card care tips, and other nifty tricks and moves you can do with the cards. I won't be able to create this content until after the decks are produced, so it most likely won't be available until after you have received your decks. I'll let you know how to access it as soon as it's ready!
THE TOP 5 REASONS TO BACK THIS KICKSTARTER PROJECT
1.) Join the MINT family! The more money we raise, the more that can be spent to create the absolute best deck of cards possible. Join the cause!
2.) You have the opportunity to get the Kickstarter Exclusive Frost MINT deck. This Limited Edition deck will never be available again after this Kickstarter campaign is over.
3.) You get a nice discount. The retail price of these decks will go up after the Kickstarter campaign is over. Save money now by supporting the project.
4.) You will receive your cards before anyone else. All of the Kickstarter backers will be taken care of first, well before the decks are available for retail.
5.) Your pledge helps support the work that 52Kards does for the magic community. If you value the content that 52Kards creates, this is a great way to give a little back!
THE SHIPPING COSTS
- USA backers will receive FREE shipping on reward packages of 6x decks or more.
- International backers can get 1-5 decks shipped anywhere in the world for only $10! This is cheaper than what the postage costs... I'll be paying for postage fees out of pocket to help International backers get their hands on MINT 2. You're welcome!
I run one of the biggest custom playing card shops in the world over at https://shop.52kards.com, and already have the infrastructure in place to distribute all of the packages smoothly and safely.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Where do I enter my Shipping Address?
You will be sent a survey after the Kickstarter campaign is over to provide us with your shipping address.
- Why did you wait so long to bring back the MINT decks?
The Launch Edition MINT decks were a tremendous success and has become a highly sought after deck. I didn't want to diminish the value of the original decks by simply reprinting them, and I wanted to spend the necessary amount of time to prepare and produce a high quality Second Edition at the level it deserves.
- How long will it take before I receive my cards?
It's difficult to say for sure, but it will likely be in November. After the funds are raised the deck will begin production and then distribution will begin as soon as they are ready!
- What if I don't have a credit/debit card to use for payment?
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Christofer Lacoste - Designer
Andrew Moorman - Cinematographer
Edoardo Cavalieri - Photographer
Risks and challenges
This project reflects years of experience in card handling, magic, sleight of hand, and design. I will apply all of the knowledge and lessons learned during the production of the Launch Edition MINT decks to make sure that this project is completed gracefully. Unexpected delays can occur during the manufacturing of the decks, so there is a chance that there will be a delay in fulfillment, but I'm taking all of the steps I can to produce and distribute these cards as quickly and smoothly as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- All gone!