About this project
Over two years in the making, Mint playing cards are finally available now on Kickstarter. Luxury for the modern cardician.
We wanted to create a worker's deck. A pack of 52 cards that merges form with function. Using a classical approach to design, the goal was to develop a look that is familiar, but fresh. The elegant repeating pattern evokes the decks that have survived the test of time. Black Mint Playing Cards are luxury for the modern cardician.
After we established the look, we focused on the feel. The true mark of a card is how it handles. The Black Mint deck will be printed by the United States Playing Card Company on the highest quality card stock available. It will be coated with the legendary Air Cushion Finish to provide for the smoothest spread, fans, and shuffles.
Everything about the Black Mint Deck is custom. The faces include custom fonts, pips, court cards, and Ace of Spades, but we were careful to maintain the classic playing card look that we have all grown to recognize and love.
By Magicians, for Magicians
Our goal is to create harmony between the card and the cardician. Black Mint playing cards are a tool; and like great magic, they hide their best kept secret in plain sight. An innovative marking system opens up and endless world of possibilities. We have also included several gaff cards to help you perform special effects that you couldn't with an average deck.
Extra Cards Include a double backer and a double facer.
'Edge 52' Online Instructional Course
Students of 52Kards know that we are also invested in the education of magic. Each Black Mint deck will come bundled with a free in depth instructional course that will teach you how to effectively use the built in marking system and included gaff cards. The course will also cover the use of a variety of other gimmicks in card magic.
The course will include chapters on the use of marked cards, duplicate cards, double backers, double facers, short cards, tapered cards, crimped cards, and more.
Many backers have been asking if we will eventually produce a Mint deck that has a colored back design. This has been our intention all along as The Mint Collection is meant to be a complete line of playing cards with the Black Mint being the launch edition. The next edition we have planned is the Raspberry Mint deck (think the Black Mint deck, except in a beautiful shade of red), and we were originally going to release it next year sometime... However, due to the massive success of this project we are getting the Raspberry Mints printed at the same time as the Black Mints!
- If this stretch goal is reached, then backers will be given the opportunity to choose how many Black Mint decks and how many Raspberry Mint decks they want to get with their pledged money.
- Raspberry Mints will also be available as a $10 add on. They will NOT be limited, and will continue to be sold at 52Kards.com after they are printed.
- The cards and tuck boxes will include all of the same features as the Black Mint deck (markings system, custom seal, embossed/foiled box, gaff cards, etc).
- Once the campaign is over we will be sending out a survey to all of the backers and you will be given the opportunity to add any additional decks to your reward package.
We have a BIG update to the Black Mint Playing Cards Kickstarter project! In order to celebrate the massive support the project has already received we are introducing a new LIMITED EDITION Black Mint Deck! It's a beautiful tri-color design with gold line accents on a borderless card(see the picture below to behold it's full glory!). The borderless back is perfectly suitable for the Black Mint design and the touch of gold adds a rich aesthetic to the pattern.
Here's a few important points:
- The Limited Edition Black Mint will be available exclusively through this Kickstarter project and will never be for sale again after the campaign is over. The regular Black Mint cards will be available at 52Kards.com once they are printed; although Kickstarter backers will be getting them sooner and at a discounted price.
- The Limited Edition decks cost $15 each. To reserve your decks, simply add $15 to your pledge per deck. We will send out a survey at the end of the campaign to find out exactly what you want your pledged money to go towards. Each person is allowed to purchase a maximum of 6x decks per person. We will strictly be enforcing this rule to keep these decks truly limited in nature.
- The intuitive Mint Marking System will still be included in the Limited Edition decks.
- We are keeping the tuck box design a surprise for now, but trust us when we say it's going to be especially handsome.
- Limited Edition Black Mints are only available to backers of this project. After March 2nd you will no longer be able to become a backer.
If you don't know how to manage your pledge and add more money to your contribution you can see this video for more information:
Black Mint Deck - $10 per deck
Raspberry Mint Deck - $10 per deck
Limited Edition Black Mint Deck - $15 per deck
Mint Stripper Deck - $15 per deck
Black Mint Uncut Sheet - $40 each
Raspberry Mint Uncut Sheet - $40 each
Limited Edition Uncut Sheet - $50 each
Free USA Shipping when you get 6 decks or more
Would you like to add extra rewards to your pledge level? Click this video to see how.
Risks and challenges
The only challenge is getting enough funding to get the decks printed. The United States Playing Card Company requires a minimum order of 2,500 decks in order for them to print your design. As you can imagine, this amounts to a large amount of money, which is why we are asking for your support in this Kickstarter campaign.
Everything else is ready to go. Once we have the funds we will be ready to print. Your rewards will be sent to you as soon as production is complete, which we expect to be in June of 2016 (hopefully sooner).Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)