Classic Tempest in 1/6 Scale
RepliCade x Tempest is a fully-playable miniature arcade cabinet developed by New Wave Toys and officially licensed by Atari.
Tempest was released by Atari in 1980 and was an instant arcade classic. Now, we are creating the ultimate collector's piece in highly detailed 1/6 scale!
Our RepliCade x Tempest machine is constructed of wood and metal and features a custom-made Modular Spinner Knob controller with two interchangeable size options: 1/6 scale for show and a larger knob for better control during play modes. Accurately reproduced FIRE and SUPER ZAPPER buttons feature modern gamepad quality.
All RepliCade Amusements run the original ROM you remember playing back in the arcade, and our Tempest machine is no exception!
Check out our video update to get a closer look at the product, features and game play!
What size is the RepliCade x Tempest cabinet?
Designed with fine 1/6th scale details to fit in perfectly with your toy/game collection, bookshelves, bar or desk. Please note the cabinet dimensions are subject to change. Our goal is to maximize the gameplay experience while staying as true to the original cabinet's scale as possible.
What are RepliCade Amusements?
At New Wave Toys, we believe that bringing home the arcade experience means more than simply playing the original arcade ROM. The video arcade experience is a blend of many things, and to truly bring that experience into your home requires great attention to detail.
RepliCade Amusements combine a blend of traditional design and materials with modern technology to recreate your favorite arcade classics in 1/6 scale.
These miniaturized arcade machines are fully playable and officially licensed by the original manufacturers. Every detail in these amazing works of arcade art has been painstakingly reproduced, including:
- Wooden cabinet in perfect profile.
- Accurately reproduced control system.
- Backlit LED marquee with authentic art.
- Authentic metal coin door that opens to reveal a storage compartment.
- Vividly reproduced side panel art, bezel, and control panel overlay graphics.
- For our RepliCade X Tempest Collector's Edition, the Spinner and push buttons have been resized to coordinate with the 1/6 scale cabinet while retaining a fully-functional and satisfying gameplay experience.
- And of course, all RepliCade machines run the original arcade game ROMs you expect!
Our goal is to give you the ability to recreate classic video game arcade ambiance in your own home for a fraction of the cost and size of full-sized, vintage arcade cabinets.
With RepliCade Amusements, you can finally build your very own collection of classic arcade machines from the 70's, 80's and 90's, the perfect complement to your toy collection, game room, home or office.
RepliCade x Tempest Features and Specs
- Accurately reproduced 1/6th scale cabinet profile
- Mixed media cabinet appointments: wood, metal, plastic, rubber
- LED back-lit Marquee & cabinet accents
- Custom made modular Spinner knob
- High-quality speaker, 3-watt amp for accurate audio reproduction
- RepliCade high-performance chipset for smooth, lag-free gameplay
- On/Off switch and volume control knob
- Accurate art reproduction, laminated vinyl side and control panel overlays that look great, won’t rub off or bubble
- Powered by built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Includes micro USB charge cable
- Large 3.5” LCD full-color screen (4:3 aspect ratio - vertical orientation)
- Dedicated Tempest game featuring original arcade game ROM
- Officially licensed by Atari
- Premium retail packaging
- MSRP: $160
Cabinet Art Reproduction
The spectacular Tempest arcade cabinet artwork is reproduced by heat transfer, and high-quality vinyl overlays that look and feel like the vintage cabinet.
Coin Door Functionality
Simply press the left Coin Return/Free Play button to add credits or push the right Coin Return/Main Menu button to access the cabinet's UI menu. Open the diecast Coin Door to reveal a secret stash storage compartment.
Officially Licensed by Atari
All RepliCade 1/6th scale collector's edition cabinets are officially licensed.
TeamOur team of makers has over 20 years of experience in design, development, marketing, and manufacturing of video game software, hardware, accessories, and collectibles. Now we’ve struck out on our own to form New Wave Toys, a company dedicated to making the products we wish we had growing up.
RepliCade Media Coverage
Make sure you check out all the excellent media coverage about RepliCade Amusements.
Build your own mini arcade
At New Wave Toys, it's our goal to recreate all the arcade classics from the 80s, 90s and today in 1/6 scale. We've started with Atari, but these are just the beginning. Start building your collection of 1/6 scale RepliCade arcade cabinets today!
Please note, features and specs are subject to change.
Risks and challenges
The team we’ve assembled for this project have over 20 years of experience in software development and electronics manufacturing.
We are well underway with product development and have completed all tasks through the Engineering Prototype phase. Typical production risks include components taking longer to receive than expected, compliance testing delays, post-Chinese New Year staffing delays, and software bug delays.
All of these are commonly expected issues and we have years of experience working through them. We are very confident we will deliver to you a beautiful end-product you will be excited to receive.
NOTE: Many of you supported our earlier campaign for Replicade x Centipede. Please see the Update Page for that campaign to see where we are in that process: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/529306246/replicade-mini-centipede-arcade-machine-replica-12/updatesLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)