Tempest Simulated Inertia Firmware Update
Good news! The previously discussed firmware update for Tempest is being released today on our website. This firmware addresses a number of issues noted by the community here on KS and on social media. Here is a brief list of the changes made:
Input lag improvement
- The Simulated Inertia feature has been removed resulting in increased responsiveness (less lag) to spinner input
Quality of life improvements
- The screen shuts-off during charging when the machine is not turned on. Users will need to tap the power button to see the on-screen charging level.
- Start-up volume level now accurately reflects the volume dial’s position.
- Turning off the machine now requires the user to press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds to avoid accidental powering off during gameplay.
Updated instructions on how to power your Tempest x RepliCade ON/OFF:
- To turn ON: Hold POWER button for 5 seconds
- To turn OFF: Hold POWER button for 5 seconds
- Turn ON When Charging: Tap POWER button
- Turn OFF When Charging: Hold POWER button for 5 seconds
To download the new firmware update, please click here for more information. Please follow the update instructions carefully, as we have the steps laid out step by step! We will be answering questions and concerns all throughout the weekend, so if you don't get answered right away we will make sure to get to you!
Thank you all for your support through this process, as well for the entire campaign.
The New Wave Toys Team