Odins Call is tile strategy game for PC and mobile, lead your viking to conquer the world map and banish the evil that wonders the land
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Sat, March 2 2019 10:23 AM UTC +00:00.
Start of implementing Tile Selection and terrain tile selection option systems for Odin's Call
Odin's Call is a PC / Mobile game that seeks to go back to classic RTS roots combining elements akin to Populous, like Populous meets Settlers.
Use simple controls for adjusting terrain to make the area better for your tribal village of Northmen, or issuing orders to launch attacks on neighboring players villages, and forts. While players grow their territory they control in this new world they must be mindful of ancient evils that stalk the land. Sometimes its not wise to send all your strongest warriors when the winter winds blow, and Grendel walks the land.
While you do not directly control, or construct buildings yourself your actions, and shaping the land, will influence what upgrade improvements your viking villages construct.
Tile Structures development art assets temporary art examples
Watch Tower holds two warriors that will muster forth when a general attack order is issued, generates 1 command points per minute that can be used on issuing orders.
Small Fort holds four warriors that will muster forth when a general attack order is issued, generates 2 command points per minute that can be used on issuing orders.
Large Fort holds 8 warriors that will muster forth when a general attack order is issued, generates 4 command points per minute that can be used on issuing orders .
World Influence allows players to adjust the land selecting the tile and changes can be made to that tile. Each change of tile requires a certain number of World Influence points to perform the action.
World Influence is generated by your population. The larger your tribes area grows the better you will be able to shape the land, or have your vikings do other actions that use World Influence points.
Command Points are generated by your world map military structures that are populated, and allow you to give orders that require Command Points such as:
- Muster forth warriors to intercept approaching war-bands
- Launch raids on enemy villages
- Attempt to capture enemy military structures
- Send forth exploration ships to search for new lands
World Map The World of Odin's Call harken back to old school RTS while making use of the power of the Unreal 4 engine using a simplified polygon style allowing for generating large, random maps for players to explore and conquer.
- Hill Forest
- Forest Flat-Land
- Snowy mountain slope
- High mountain slopes
- Dark Forests
- Rocky Wasteland
- Rive Tile
- Barrows Burial mounds
Terrors of the Land Basic
Not all dangers are just other Vikings in Odin's call
- Grendel, over 12 feet tall, and covered in thick fur. When winter comes, and the nights are long, and land is cold down from the ice mountains come this ravenous beast to feast on your villages, and warriors while they are drunk from feasting.
- The Unquiet Sleepers, If it was their burials mounds were desecrated or for some other reason caused these once honorable dead warriors to raise from their resting place now they seek one final fight.
- Wolves, they hunt in packs, and will pray upon armies on the march.
- Bears, large, and muscular with enough strength with one swipe of a paw can smash a warrior.
- Cursed Forest, not all forests are peaceful glens, some are filled with lurking terrors that have taken control of the tree's themselves.
- Ice Giants, from the frozen tundra come the lumbering, tall ice giants, ancient enemies of Odin.
- Skimish Single Player: Player vs AI opponent
Odin's Call Rewards T-shirts
Risks and challenges
Working with the Unreal4 engine allows for rapid creation and implementing of content.
Storm Isle Productions will be doing development in three stages
Creating the core initial game mechanics in unreal4 from tile commands, and terrain adjustment using current dev art to allow creation of rapid deployment of a testing build for backers to give feedback
Creating more polished art assets for menus, and
we aim to raise the minimum 25k to focus 3 months full time development on finishing world assets, and coding the elements in unreal4 and getting GUI assets polished, and implementing the features
Sound and FX creation
Using the unreal4 engine, and plugins such as the tile system toolkit will speed up development on the coding end. The main area that will take time is finishing up the tile, and art assets to a more polished stateLearn about accountability on Kickstarter