There's a Monster Under My Bed
There's a Monster Under My Bed
Pick your monster, roll the dice and hide under a bed. There are lots of ways to score in this fast-paced, family-friendly game.
Pick your monster, roll the dice and hide under a bed. There are lots of ways to score in this fast-paced, family-friendly game. Read more
About this project
"There's a Monster Under my Bed" is a kid's game by Bow Tie Games. The game combines the theme of bed-dwelling monsters with some fun area control game mechanics.
Players take turns rolling dice and placing their monster tokens under the beds. Tokens can be place on any bed's value lower than the dice roll. Players can bump other monsters off a particular bed and onto other lower scoring beds. There are several ways to collect points including dice rolls, matching colors and row and column control.
The game includes 4 monster cards, 12 bed cards, 32 translucent color tokens, score sheets and 2 dice all in a nice two-piece box.
*** STRETCH GOALS ***
$2,500 - Glossy insert of the game logo
$5,000 - We will create alternative monster designs so that each color has two monsters to pick from.
$10,000 - We will create and include an expansion that supports 5 players.
$50,000 - We will create an online tournament for the game.
1. Each player chooses one of the four unique monster cards.
2. Each player takes their monster's color winks and places them on their monster card.
3. The 12 bed cards are shuffled and placed face-up in rows of 3 by 4.
4. The youngest player goes first.
5. The black and white dice are given to the first player.
1. The first player rolls the white dice and the black dice. The white dice represents the child turning their bedroom light on and the black dice represents the cover of night.
2. For the white dice. Any monster under a bed that matches the dice gets one (1) point. If you have a monster under all of the beds of that number, you get points equal to that number.
Note: If this is the first turn, there are no monsters under any beds yet so the white dice is ignored this turn.
Example: The red monster has a token on the two beds with a value of three (3). Since the red monster has all of the three (3) valued beds, the monster gets three (3) points. If the red monster had only one of those beds, the monster would get one (1) point.
2. For the black dice, the player takes one of their color winks and places it on a bed that has a number equal to or lower than the number on the black dice. If all of the beds of the number rolled are occupied by other monsters, the player can "bump" the monster.
If a player is "bumped", they take the other player's wink and move it to another open bed that has that number or less than the bed they are on. If there are no beds available, the wink is given back to the player.
Example: The red player rolls a four (4) on the black dice. All of the beds with a value of four (4) are occupied. The red player puts a red wink on a bed that has the number four (4) on it. Since there is already a blue wink on that bed, the red player takes the blue wink and moves it to an empty bed that has the number three (3) on it.
4. The next player takes their turn.
The game is over once all of the beds are occupied by monsters. Add up the rest of your points:
- You get the bed's value in points for every bed that has your color wink on it.
- You get two extra points for each of your color winks where the wink color matches the bed color.
- If you have your color winks in all four beds across a row, you get 10 points for each row.
- If you have your color winks in all three beds down a column, you get 5 points for each column.
The player with the most points wins.
Risks and challenges
As an independent game designer, we take each of our games very seriously. It takes months of hard work to get a game idea all the way to completion and kickstarted. Please support our games supporting us on Kickstarter. We use Kickstarter as a springboard to try and get our games out into the world.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)