About this project
In order to survive, your primary need is simply to eat dinosaur meat. There are plenty of small dinosaurs on the island for you to hunt, but larger carnivores are nearly impossible to kill and are effective at preventing you from obtaining your food.
At the very start, your hunter is weak and ineffective. By salvaging resources from the world, you will have access to tools and abilities that make you a competent hunter. These tools, when used in combination, will counter these larger carnivores or help you discover other ways of obtaining food. A few of these methods include:
- Building traps to wound carnivores
- Hunting down masses of small dinosaurs
- Sabotaging camps built by other players that contain food
Cooperation is highly rewarded since the process of hunting becomes drastically easier. Groups of hunters will have the ability to build campsites, which can be used to store meat. Large quantities of stored meat will enable abilities for that group.
The more meat that is being stored by players, the fewer huntable dinosaurs will be present on the map. This will cause other tribes to seek down and destroy your campsites. Becoming the dominant tribe on the island is the ultimate goal.
Spiders are nothing when you come face to foot with a Brachiosaurus. We're compiling this guide for players to become familiar with the various Dinosaurs within the game.
The Stomping Land's Dinosaur Survival Guide is the official handbook for the game. It is a physical book that will be shipped to relevant backers upon completion. This guide is filled with information about the various dinosaurs within the game, artwork for each, as well as tips for hunting them or using them as an advantage.
Fighting a T-Rex one on one is hard; creating videogames is even harder. So to fight both of these challenges, we've created a forum for viewers to discuss the game's design with the developers. This cooperative effort will help pinpoint the most important concepts, creating the ideal game for everyone.
Community forums are located on the game's website: www.TheStompingLand.com
Bigger is better, except when it comes to fighting dinosaurs. A contained design is always the smartest solution, though a bigger team will make the process of creating this design much more thorough, resulting in a cleaner and prettier game. Here is a breakdown of how a bigger budget will be used to improve the game experience:
- $75k : Part-time designers who will help progress the game's content.
- $175k : Dedicated artists for creating an immersive gameworld. These guys will amp up the game world with better visuals, as well as ensure technically optimized content.
- $200k : Full Oculus Rift support. What better way to complement a beautiful environment than to get completely immersed into it. The Rift was made just for that.
- Additional funds will be used towards additional support to ensure as smooth of a game experience as possible.
Updates to the project are planned on being released at least once per week, and can be seen either here or the game's forum: http://www.thestompingland.com/forum/
- Food for the Tribe. This update focuses on how to tame a dinosaur, fishing, and how the two are related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig6_1ORC77M&hd=1
- The various arrow modifiers, buildable objects, and collectible materials: http://www.thestompingland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=106
- Development team upgrades: http://www.thestompingland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=123
- Building campsites and character customization: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rgX-S4LTsc&hd=1
Risks and challenges
This may be our first independently made game, but the abundance of challenges that come with it are no new experience. All of us come from professional backgrounds, and the process of overcoming the inevitable challenges is just as rewarding as the end product.
The game's progress will be very connected to the community through the forums, where ideas and the challenges behind them are shared.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)