About this project
WARNING: Camp Grizzly may be inappropriate for children under the age of 13. (suggestive themes, blood and gore, smoking and drug use)
WELCOME TO CAMP GRIZZLY
The year is 1979, you are Camp Counselors who are being stalked through a maze of cabins and camp trails by 'Otis', a homicidal killer with an unhealthy bear fetish.
Work together to explore the camp grounds. Find useful weapons and items while searching for a combination of objectives that can trigger one of four different game endings. Those who survive the finale win the game!
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN CAMP GRIZZLY:
- Game Board x1
- Mini pawn cards w/stands x12 (Counselors, Otis, Cameos)
- Jumbo Counselor Cards x6
- Jumbo Otis Card x1
- Dice x4 (d4, d6, d8, d10)
- Jumbo Finale Cards x4
- Survival Cards x24
- Cabin Cards x84
- Micro Cards x36 (objectives, fire, locks, horrified, keys, etc)
- Status Counters x10
WINNER - KUBLACON 2013
Camp Grizzly is the first title from Ameritrash Games. We had an amazing experience selling a small run of 50 copies at the 2013 Kublacon in San Francisco where Camp Grizzly won the Best Game by a Publisher at the Convention award. Now we would like to make the game available to a wider audience.
ARTWORK: All the character and card artwork in Camp Grizzly was done by feature film animator and story artist, Austin Madison. We're also working with a Marvel Comics colorist, Jordie Bellaire on a new color pass for all game art. The board art was done by Josh Qualtieri from Zombiesmith Games.
FUNDING: We're using a professional printer for this run, and need to fund a minimum order of 5000 units (zounds!). That gets us professional cards, die cut pawns, a pro box with an insert, etc.
In addition to printing and shipping costs, the funding from our Kickstarter will be used to upgrade all card art with a new art pass, create new art for our many new expansions, produce pewter character miniatures, and create an accompanying soundtrack to enhance the experience (stretch goal).
EXPANSION #1: SPIN THE BOTTLE
- Includes a 'Spin the Bottle' spinner.
- More cards focused on kids being bad.
- 18 NEW CABIN/SURVIVAL CARDS INCLUDE: Seven Minutes in Heaven, Snapped, Reverend Conreigh (cameo card and pawn), Strip Poker, I'll Be Right Back, Hedge Clippers, Broken Bottle, Truth or Dare, Cooties (and more!).
- 4 NEW JUMBO FINALES
- NEW COUNSELOR JUMBO CARD AND PAWN: Becky - The 'Queen Bee'
EXPANSION #2: KEEP YOUR DISTANCE
- New Rules for Ranged Weapons and less cooperative Self Preservation cards.
- 18 NEW CABIN/SURVIVAL CARDS INCLUDE: Shotgun, Lawn Darts, Practice Bow, Disarmed, Big Wayne (cameo card and pawn), Better You than Me, Peer Pressure, Ditch Out, Human Shield, Smores (and more!).
- NEW COUNSELOR JUMBO CARD AND PAWN: Jackson - The 'Wild Card'
GRIZZLY MINIATURES SET #1
- 7 COUNSELOR MINIATURES: Otis, Kevin, Jody, Karen, CJ, Tracy, and Sherry.
- All pewter miniatures are original sculpts from Zombiesmith.
EXPANSION #3: BEHIND THE BEAR
- Introduces a new deck of OTIS cards with hidden traitor rules.
- 18 NEW CABIN/SURVIVAL/OTIS CARDS INCLUDE; Arts and Crafts, Bloodlust, Daddy Dearest, It was me all along, Final Scare, Stop and Explain, Disarm, Teddy bear's picnic (and more!).
- NEW COUNSELOR JUMBO CARD AND PAWN: Saffron - The 'Flower Child'
EXPANSION #4: "JUMP THE BEAR"
- A selection of some of our worst ideas.
- 18 NEW CABIN/SURVIVAL CARDS INCLUDE; Banana Board, Dream Warrior, Derp!, Tres Hermanos Brothers, Duster Jacket, Sexy Lady Bear Disguise, Hell Puzzle, Doobie the Dog Sleuth, Animal Control, Pointed Stick, Black Lotus (and more!).
- 4 NEW JUMBO FINALES INCLUDE: Bthulhu, "Now let's see who you really are", The Time Tower, Otis 2000.
- NEW COUNSELOR JUMBO CARD AND PAWN: Chet - The 'Rich Kid'
EXPANSION #5: RATED R
- If there isn't enough gore in Camp Grizzly for you, we've saved the most violent images for our final expansion.
- 18 NEW SNUFFED DECK/CABIN/SURVIVAL CARDS INCLUDING: Bee Hive, Bear Skin Rug, Stuffed, The Red Room, Chipper Shredder, High Tension, Lawnmower, John The Carpenter, Eye for an Eye (and more!).
- 4 NEW JUMBO FINALES
- NEW COUNSELOR JUMBO CARD AND PAWN: Jason - The 'Horror Fan'
MIX AND MATCH ADD-ONS:
Want the Rated R set but you can't stand bottle spinning? Then our mix and match add-ons are the sauce for your supper! If you've pledged at any level from EARLY RISER or HAPPY CAMPER and above, you have access to our add-on options. Just add the cost of the additional items you want to your pledge amount. We'll send you an email after funding and you can give us your selections.
- $10 - Expansion #1: Spin the Bottle
- $10 - Expansion #2: Keep Your Distance
- $10 - Grizzly Miniatures Set #1
- $10 - Expansion #3: Behind the Bear
- $10 - Expansion #4: Jump the Bear
- $10 - Expansion #5: Rated R
- NEW: $15 - Grizzly Miniatures Set #2
- NEW: $15 - Grizzly Miniatures Set #3
- NEW: $60 - An additional copy of the Camp Grizzly (including stretch goals and KS exclusives) - Add $20 for shipping outside US.
(UNLOCKED) 30K - New Counselor Jumbo Card and Pawn: Wesley - the 'Engineer'. (Also includes ammo tokens and ammo Item card)
(UNLOCKED) 40K - 4 New Jumbo Finale cards.
(UNLOCKED) 45K - Anklebiters - 6 new Campers.
(UNLOCKED) 50K - The Camp Grizzly soundtrack. Music by Allen Simpson.
(UNLOCKED) 55K - Die Another Day - 6 new Survival Cards.
(UNLOCKED) 60K - An additional set of 6 new Counselor Jumbo Cards and Pawns will be added to every copy of the game (Electric Steve, The Twins, Andy, Tina, Eddie, Susie Sparkles).
(UNLOCKED) 65K - Bimbos - Did you know there was an all girl's camp on the other side of the lake? Looks like they chose the wrong night to sneak into Camp Grizzly. Adds 6 new cameos.
(UNLOCKED) 70K - Family Matters - 6 new Cameo Cards and Pawns of Otis' backwoods family.
(UNLOCKED) 75K - Grizzly Survival Kit - 6 new Weapon/Item cards.
(LOCKED) 80K - Camp Grounds - A set of camp tiles that can be used to create your own camp layouts.
(LOCKED) 85K - Chef's Choice - 6 new Cabin Cards.
(LOCKED) 100K - A very Camp Grizzly Christmas! A new holiday themed 18 card expansion! "Ho, Ho, Noooooo!"
(LOCKED) 666K - If we ever got to this ridiculous amount, we'll run a Camp Grizzly themed Haunted House somewhere in the San Francisco Bay Area next Halloween 2014 and you all get free admission. Hey, why not?!
(LOCKED) 1 Million DOLLARS? - Fine. If you really really want us to, we'll make the Camp Grizzly movie AND we promise you a stop motion dream sequence.
For lack of a better term, we're coining STRETCH-ON Goals. While similar to a stretch goal, stretch-on goals unlock optional purchase items to the ADD-ON menu.
(UNLOCKED) 35K - We'll make Grizzly Miniatures Expansion Pack #2 available as an add-on. This includes 6 new miniatures of our Expansion Counselors (Chet, Jason, Saffron, Jackson, Wesley, and Becky)
(UNLOCKED) 60K - We'll make Grizzly Miniatures Expansion Pack #3 available as an add-on. This includes 6 new miniatures of the 60K level Counselors (Electric Steve, The Twins, Andy, Tina, Eddie, Susie Sparkles).
SPECIAL ADDITIONS - KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVES:
(UNLOCKED) Halloween - New Cabin Card: The Hutch.
(UNLOCKED) 300 Backers - New Cabin Card: THIS IS CAMP GRIZZLY!
(UNLOCKED) 35K - New Camper: Gary (the gamer)
(UNLOCKED) Black Friday - New Survival Card: Doorbuster
(UNLOCKED) 200% Funded - New Cabin Card: Double Trouble
(UNLOCKED) 75K - 75 random people will receive Grizzly art from Austin.
(UNLOCKED) 666 Backers - New Exclusive Counselor: Patrick the Whorewolf.
Select a camp counselor and draw 2 survival cards. Permanent survival cards are immediately played face up as they represent reusable abilities or special aspects of the counselor. All other cards become your starting hand (referred to as your backpack) . Your counselor's pawn is placed at the campfire.
Your goal is to find a combination of three objective cards required to start one of four possible game finales. The objectives are shuffled and placed on the board prior to the start of the game.
On your turn, you may move a number of spaces as indicated by your counselor's current health (As you take damage, your movement is affected). After moving, you must draw a cabin card and resolve it. Cabin cards include Weapons, Items and helpful Campers (in most cases) as well as Cameos, Plot Twists, and Otis cards which can mean big trouble.
After all players have completed their turns, it's Otis, the killer's turn. None of the players control Otis. Instead, he moves towards the closest target in an attempt to hurt the players. Fights with Otis are resolved with dice, but you can only fight if you have a weapon equipped! Winning a fight temporarily removes Otis from the board. Losing a fight means taking damage and panicking away.
Eventually, a set of objectives are found and a finale begins. Follow the instructions on the finale over several stages and the story comes to a close. The surviving counselors win the game!
*UPDATE: Here's a link to the latest CAMP GRIZZLY RULES PDF. The rules are from the Black & White second print run.
**UPDATE UPDATE: Here's a gameplay video where we cover the basic concepts of the game.
Jason Peter Topolski, Austin Madison, Dan Bach, Kai Morrison, Evan Bornzin, Josh Qualtieri, Jordie Bellaire, Bill Zahn, Susan Anderson, Collin Topolski, Endgame Oakland, and the Dandies.
Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have. If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, we'll set up demo times at our favorite game store Endgame in Oakland. So stay tuned for demo announcements here.
Risks and challenges
Although we successfully sold a small first run at the 2013 Kublacon in San Francisco, we are using a different printer for a much larger order this time around. Working with our new printer and overseas shipping is our greatest risk factor.
We are also still play testing our reward expansion cards and additional character abilities.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (39 days)