About this project
1st STRETCH GOAL - $21,000 - BACKER’S PACK
We know how customized or personalized products feel so much better so just for you our Wave of Darkness backers we will prepare the following gifts for use in game:
- Custom bag (for backers only);
- Additional underground level - Cave;
- Additional 5 summoning scrolls (you can summon beasts to fight on your side);
- Additional items + magical items + runes.
2nd STRETCH GOAL - $23,000 - CHALLENGES AND “THE ANCIENTS”
As we write this we are at $22,107 so we are quite close to the 2nd Stretch Goal placed at $23,000.
This stretch goal consist of two parts;
- First we will create 3 new locations (the three ancient tombs). There you will find a special chest with special or magical items. However to get those, players will have to solve unique challenges. Unique to each location. This is something all players will be able to experience.
- The second part of the stretch goal is of a symbolic nature, a way to show our gratitude and this will not be related to gameplay. In a part of the Danian Land we'd like to build a monumental statue (or building) whose history documents will show that "The Ancients from the Ksartar" (those "ancients" are all of you people, the backers from Kickstarter) put this magic structure in place to protect the area for at least one millennium. Every backer (except those who insist to be left out) will be listed as member of “The Ancients“ in the historical document placed besides the structure, therefore, forever immortalized in the Wave of Darkness game (not only in the credits). The Ancients are important figures of the trilogy.
Speaking about The Ancients you might've noticed that we have 3rd soundtrack album with the same title that is a part of the $50 tier and higher.
Here we prepared three audio previews, each featuring segments of at least 3 songs:
Preview 1: Danian Legend - Elven Angels - Windy Islands
Preview 2: The Ancients - Swamps - Last Words
Preview 3: Announcing Darkness - Brave World - Combat - Dark War
3nd STRETCH GOAL - $24,000 - Flying Islands with a Boss Monster
Well, when you talk about incredible stuff - this is, and you people are really incredible!
With the second Stretch Goal successfully passed, we're on the third one which includes Flying Islands with a Boss Monster.
You might already have seen the Flying Islands, and here they are again.
They are in a heavy "work in progress" phase, while the creature itself isn't even done yet, but we do have some ideas about it.
For a start - the monster will be pretty challenging :-)
Three more hours! Let's do this!PAYPAL PLEDGE OPTION NOW AVAILABLE!
Additionally, you'll be able to pledge through Paypal after Wave of Darkness Kickstarter campaign has drawn to an end.
We have originally envisioned a trilogy so part of the Wave of Darkness (WOD) has been developed simultaneously with Legends of Dawn (LOD, which was funded here in 2013). The story takes place in the world of Narr and continues where we stop in LOD, but WOD can be played on its own, independently of the LOD. On the other hand the player can load your character from the LOD into WOD. The player enters the game in times of war and chaos that reigns across the Danian area around their Capitol - Sidis Tarea - situated in midst of swamps. Featuring a vast and impressive game world, a comprehensive crafting system, original spell generator, system of sacrifices, new gods, compelling storyline, future ‘modding’ capability, streaming technology, mini-games, and endless slashing, blasting and looting. Wave of Darkness is an hack’n RPG”.
Since our previous RPG Legends of Dawn was successfully funded here on Kickstarter and after that the community helped get the game through Greenlight and on to the Steam we will forever be in debt to our family of backers. To us this meant much much more than the amount of money that we rised here. We were totally unexperienced about many things and had to guess our way through. How Kickstarter works, what and when do we get paid, how do we distribute digital rewards, how Steam keys work, how we can manufacture all the physical rewards etc. We grew. Community helped and we learned a lot and we would like to call all our Legends of Dawn backers friends to join Wave of Darkness campaign.
To all of you Legends of Dawn backers who will pledge any tier that includes Wave of Darkness that is from 15 USD tier and up, we will add another WoD gift Steam key on top of whatever that tiers includes.
For all of you backers, who will support Wave of Darkness and Dreamatrix, we prepared amazing rewards. With this campaign we wanted to give back with each tier more than we'll receive. Pledge any amount and get back twice or much more in estimated retail value.
So often we hear complains about entry level tiers not giving much in return to backers so here we try to change that and even with our smallest tiers of 1 or 5 USD we want to give back much higher value than it asks for.
See detail description of tiers and comparison table further down bellow.
Target goal here on Kickstarter will allow us to focus our efforts to complete the game. With WoD we’d like to have more time to work on balancing and many improvements form the long wish list before final release. As the campaign goes we’ll talk more about features and stretch goals.
Our RPG games are very complex and we believe the potential is huge. In order to make them better and continue improving them long after they are released we need more than money. So we ask you to help us create a positive vibe and hype, to spread the word, we ask you for involvement and support. In return we promises to put back everything we received in whichever way back into the game. Help as make an amazing world.
RPG genre seems to be one of the favorite among the gamers mostly because it offers high amount of freedom and exploration, unlike other genres where players have to follow a strictly defined path, which can be pretty tiresome.
Having said that, it also seems pretty ironic to point out all that "freedom" in RPG games, considering most of them utilize linear style of play, forcing gamer to follow the plot. If you are cynic enough, it's safe to say that most of the RPG games are "corridor RPGs". You really wanted to explore that scary forest over there, but you just can't.
That's precisely what we wanted to change. Wave of Darkness invites you to a huge dark and gritty fantasy world which can be explored the way you want and whenever you want. Tired of killing monsters and solving quests on the east? You can go north and explore the region of Klesabia, Macabon or Ealonia, slay northern monsters, and generally do whatever you desire.
Wave of Darkness is not your average casual action RPG. It is tailored for fans of hardcore old-school RPG titles, offering massive dark and gritty fantasy world which will challenge you at every step. The world of Narr is corrupted by the Dark Magic, and you will have to do your best to free land from this malicious deviance.
While most RPG titles offer very limited area for you to explore, restricting it by invisible walls, or simply with various design solutions, Wave of Darkness enables you to wander everywhere, and whenever you wish to do so. Of course, you can follow the strict path of the plot, and complete quests until you finish the game, or you can explore every bit and corner of Narr, meet various NPCs, complete side quests for them, and fight dangerous monsters. WOD offers 70+ hours of gameplay.
Combine, explore, experiment...
So you decided to start the game by creating a sword wielding character, but after a while you realize swords aren't really your thing. Wave of Darkness enables you to combine and experiment different character classes, which means you can have a powerful melee/ranged or ranged/magic character, even if you made a mistake by choosing a character class that doesn't fit your RPG affinities, without the need to start the game all over again. WoD enables you to combine, explore and experiment with character classes however you want, without limitations. But it's still recommended to keep in mind the basics of RPG, so try to create solid and meaningful characters because the game will definitely challenge you.
Narr is in turmoil... Events that lead you to this point seem to be only the beginning. As you travel toward the ancient city of Sidis Tarea you cannot help but wonder about recent events.
Attacks at Korden's Fall looked like isolated incident but now it seems that was only the beginning of something bigger. Kordelis is dead, demon that plagued the Korden's Fall destroyed and Dawn restored.
But now rumors of war spread across the land.
While you wonder about this, Danian merchants whisper about the evil rising in the swamps. Creatures mentioned only in legends seem to walk the surface of Narr once again.
Council of Sidis Tarea sent a call to neighboring kingdoms. Heroes are needed to battle this menace. You are needed once again.
Messages became more frequent as the time passed by. Each more urgent than previous one. Each calling desperately for help.
And then messages stopped...
- Players are free to move in this nonlinear world, in any direction they choose. As long as they have the necessary items or skills to survive in the field.
- Unlocking System with Runes: using specific runes or keys players can interactively unlock and activate locked chests or crates and other mechanisms in the game.
- New expandable inventory with better item stacking and sorting
- New tooltips have more data for every single item type, including runes, potions and spells. Over 40 item types are upgraded and we introduced some new items such as relics, more scrolls, fishes (yes, you can fish now) and bags.
- Empowered items - some items have magical bonuses which draw their power from certain relics. Player can have up to four such relics active at any given time. These relics improve all item’s special bonuses.
- Blessed items - these items are blessed by one of three main gods - Perun, Svarog or Veles and they give players additional bonuses at the cost - each item has blessing that lasts for up to one hour of gameplay. Once blessing runs out, item behaves as normal non-magical item. Blessings can be 'recharged' using god shrines that are placed throughout the wilderness.
- Cursed items - these are magical items whose properties player does not know until he identifies such items using oracle stones. They look like normal or magical items but they carry curses with them. Once equipped, curse becomes active and item cannot be removed unless you visit the shrine of good god.
- Scrolls of summoning which summon various creatures to fight at your side. We have various elementals you can summon, undead creatures such as zombies or skeletons, and even some reptiles.
- With full freedom, explore hundreds of unique locations (dungeons, forts, camps, cemeteries, docks, mountains, canyons, flying islands, swamps, temples, shrines etc.)
- Fight your way through dungeons, caves, crypts, mausoleums and catacombs and rest in danian’s capitol Sidis Tarea.
- 200+ types of wild creatures and monsters that drop several loots so you stand a good chance of getting multiple valuable items.
- WOD is now 64-bit only. No memory problems whatsoever.
- Spell generator – original way to make your magic from runes.
- Discover different ways to use and combine more than 35 combat, creature lore, crafting, gathering, resistance and devotion skills
- Players can now craft normal items, magical, special, empowered and blessed items.
- System of sacrifices: The 3 gods; Perun, Veles and Svarog , each have their own shrines throughout the continent. Activating a shrine opens the sacrifice panel with options to sacrifice items and gain divine favours but evil statues act badly on you.
- New god has arrived: Chernobog
- Streaming technology enables playing without any loading screens. All data seamlessly loads in background.
We need your support to produce the game you'll want to play. WoD is complex game with hundreds of possibilities so polishing demands your help. For this we need time and time is money so 100% of whatever we rise in this campaign will be put into the game development and rewards. We truly appreciate your help in funding this game and we hope you will enjoy in this journey.
As we already mentioned above we have prepared amazing rewards for your donations. Each and every tier will reward you with more, much more than it asks you for.
We are starting the campaign with 12 tiers and as the campaign goes on we will listen and we might design and add new tiers.
SPACEFORCE CELEBRATION TIER!!!
One digital PC download of your choice:
- Spaceforce Rogue Universe - space sim
- Spaceforce Constellations - strategy
- Spaceforce Homeworld - retro arcade
- MP3 song: Spaceforce Begins – extended remixed, featured in Spaceforce Rogue Universe intro movie
- Wallpapers pack: WoD and LoD
You can relax now, you will never be forgotten, your name will be included in the silver credits of Wave of Darkness.
SPACEFORCE BUNDLE TIER!!!
You get everything from the TIER $1 plus the remaining two Spaceforce titles.
WAVE OF DARKNESS & SPACEFORCE BUNDLE
All of the above, plus:
- Digital copy of the Wave of Darkness PC RPG (Steam or DRM-free version, Early Access)
(4 games in total, one song and name in game credits, estimated retail value: $50)
WAVE OF DARKNESS & SPACEFORCE BUNDLE
+ MAP + TWO BOOKS
All of the above, plus:
- Digital high resolution game map
- Dwarven Chronicles - 80 pages PDF, full colour
- Legends of Dawn ART Book - 80 pages PDF, full colour
(4 games in total, one song and name in game credits)
WAVE OF DARKNESS, LEGENDS OF DAWN
& SPACEFORCE BUNDLE
+ SOUNDTRACK + MAP +TWO BOOKS
All of the above, plus:
- Wave of Darknes Soundtrack album MP3
- Legends of Dawn PC RPG digital download (Steam or DRM free)
(Estimated retail value: $80)
ALL GAMES AND ALL SOUNDTRACKS!!!
You get ALL digital stuff. This is the highest digital only tier. All of the above, plus:
- Wave of Darkness additional download gift key - be generous and treat your friend with a nice gift
- Legends of Dawn Soundtrack album, MP3
- Ancients - third Soundtrack album from the planned trilogy, MP3
Only with all three soundtrack albums you will have the complete piece of music art made for the trilogy.
You get the total of 6 game downlads, 3 Sountrack albums, 2 books, hi-res game map and you will be remembered even more ;-)
WAVE OF DARKNESS GAME DVD
+ SOUNDTRACK CD
Yeah baby, for just $10 more you get all rewards from the previous tier, plus:
- Wave of Darkness game DVD
- Wave of Darkness printed colour manual
- Wave of Darkness Special Eddition Soundtrack CD (gapless playback of the whole Album as originaly conceived)
(Estimated retail value: $175)
Includes all 18 rewards from the previous tiers plus:
- Wave of Darkness original T-Shirt
- Legends of Dawn original T-Shirt
- Gift key for the Spaceforce Homeworld (total 2 keys)
- Gift key for the Spaceforce Constellations (total 2 keys)
- Gift key for the Legends of Dawn (total 2 keys)
Includes all 23 rewards from previous tier, plus:
- Wave of Darkness Collectors Box
- Printed gameworld map
- Legends of Dawn Soundtrack Special Edition CD
- Additional gift key for the Wave of Darkness (total 3 keys)
- Additional gift key for the Spaceforce Homeworld (total 3 keys)
- Additional gift key for the Spaceforce Constellations (total 3 keys)
- Additional gift key for the Legends of Dawn (total 3 keys)
Your name in the credits of Wave of Darkness will be upgraded into the gold section so not only you will be remembered but you will be remembered in golden style ;-)
13 game keys in total plus all other digital rewards and physical Wave of Darkness DVD & CD, Legends of Dawn CD and 2 T-Shirts packed in beautiful collector’s box (Estimated retail value: $350)
AMAZING COLLECTORS BOX XL
COMPLETE WITH ALL DIGITAL
AND ALL PHISICAL REWARDS
Includes all 30 rewards from previous tier, plus:
- Legends of Dawn DVD with manual
- Ancients special eddition CD
- Dwarven Chronicles printed book full color
- Legends of Dawn Artbook printed book in full color
- Additional two gift keys for the Wave of Darkness (total 5 keys)
- Additional two gift keys for the Spaceforce Homeworld (total 5 keys)
- Additional two gift keys for the Spaceforce Constellations (total 5 keys)
- Additional two gift keys for the Legends of Dawn (total 5 keys)
Your name in the credits of Wave of Darkness will be upgraded into the diamond section.
You get 21 game keys in totalfor 5 games, 2 game DVDs with manual, 3 CD Albums the complete music masterpiece, two T-Shirts, two Books, printed map and other digital goodies.
(Estimated retail value: $525)
All of the above plus:
- A Co-Executive Producer title in the credits.
- Four 30min Skype discussions with our team about your wishes for the Wave of Darkness during Early Access or consult with us about your project.
SPECIAL TIER XL
All of the above plus:
- We really want to thank you for your generous pledge in person. Visit us and be involved in production for 2 days. You must be able to pay for accommodations and traveling to Dreamatrix office in Zagreb, Croatia, Europe.
Dreamatrix is an independent company dedicated to the production and publication of exciting games. Innovation and creativity in creating new worlds is at the core of the Dreamatrix soul.
Dreamatrix has numerous IPs and an advanced engine and toolset made entirely in-house, for the creation of cutting edge games. Best known for Legends of Dawn RPG and Spaceforce Rogue Universe space simulation, Dreamatrix produced many titles since 2002. Company established a worldwide presence alongside partners like Valve, Gamersgate, Take 2 Interactive, Akella, EA, RTL Playtainment, Dreamcatcher, DTP Entertainment, JoWood, LogRus and others, spreading the thrill of adventurous gameplay around the globe.
Risks and challenges
Almost everyone knows that the production of a big and complex game like Wave of Darkness is a challenge, especially considering that it's our biggest project so far. Every aspect of LoD is upgraded or completely changed.
We overcame a lot of obstacles already and there are still a few smaller but crucial steps in front of us. We want a lot more game testing and improvements on every important field. When we launched Legends of Dawn campaign we couldn’t count on being on Steam. However now with Wave of Darkness after we finish Kickstarter campaign we will start Steam Early Access campaign in attempt to involve community in development and improving the WoD.
With Early Access your risks are even lower as the platform provides funds for further development and the final products is bound to be better.
We estimate that the game will be finished by the end of August, however with such big projects there is always a chance of some delays. In that case we'd rather take a bit more time and do things properly then rush the game out. We'll keep you, our backers, in a loop and post progress reports on our web site and forum.
If you like our project so much that we surpass our goal by a lot all your money will be put in development and polishing. There are so many things we want and can do in game and we’d like to release mod-tools 2 as well. We’ll talk about possibilities and stretch goals later. Developing WoD and such tools for you gamers and moders brings some additional complexity and has to be done carefully so we would like to invite you to participate in our forum and express your wishes or preferences once we show you what we are working on.
Although the final release version of Wave of Darkness may not be on your computer for some months our Early Access release is planed right after this campaign so you will be able to join right away with keys provided through Humble Bundle. It is impossible to know what will Early Access bring to Wave of Darkness in terms of new targets and how long it will take but one thing is sure the game will be better.
All of our already released games will be available as soon as Humble Bundle is setup for you and so will be the music and digital books. A few digital items may need additional work so those may come a bit after the first wave.
The longest wait will be on the shoulders of backers who pledge physical tiers as we can’t send the shipments before the gold master is finished, DVD manufactured and materials printed. You will get all your digital stuff as everybody else as soon it is available but you will have to wait maybe towards the end of year to get your packages.
If you have some question or concern, please contact us for additional info.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (37 days)