Legends of Dawn - STRETCH GOALS
LEGENDS OF DAWN TARGET REACHED - NEW STRETCH GOALS
You backed, you asked, you spread the word, you cheered. THANK YOU ALL!
We reached our minimum goal and very soon we'll be able to order voice overs and pay for licenses. A small indie team got a chance to release a title that will inevitably be compared to high budget games developed by big teams. We may get some heat from those expecting the highest standards, who are not keeping the game in the context of where it came from. However, you'll know and if we have a number of you on our side we dare to think that the future LoD release may surpass in some aspects some top end games. In order to ensure success and long life for Legends of Dawn we have to do a lot of work. The game has to succeed in the market in order to ensure further development. So whatever funding we'll receive it will be used to promote the game and continue the development.
Here are the new stretch goals. We'll keep listening to new suggestions during the KS campaign and we may change and add new tiers and goals based on your feedback.
CHALLENGES - 10 dead swordfish scattered throughout the world of Narr will reveal the secret of the guardian - Xocotus
The first player who finds a dead swordfish and reports the found response sentence on dreamatrix forum will get raward. For example a free digital download of our next title.
Only one award per player.
BACKERS CHEST full of items on secret location
Only backers will get email with instructions how to open because the chest will have to be open not by click on it but rather on secret object.
BOOK ITEM for backers which will give you the opportunity to permanently increase the value of your ability scores
RUNES one magic rune, two chest unlocking rune and one bridge unlocking rune
MAGICAL WEAPON (unidentified)
You will find that magical items have to be identified in oracle shrines in various locations throughout the world, to discover the item's unique properties.
RUINS Two building with rich rewards
With some unique items with systems of leveler players needs to turn on or off in order to get through. At the end will be special item rewords and monument with names of all KS backers
5 abandoned Elven water mills with rewards, scattered around
DREAMATRIX MOD TOOLS - BETA
We believe offering moding tools is a crucial factor in helping our vision for the future LoD titles. Moding tools will give passionate players opportunity to add their content, ideas, do changes which may give everybody else new things to play with. It will also give us feedback what users want so it will help us make Legends of Dawn 2 much more better. The tools will be free and only for non commercial use in first phase.
Original stretch goal for the tools is 80k. We could save a lot if we release it without documentation and tutorials. We planned to make improvements to make it more user friendly and clear. We wanted to update several module to make them more powerful. However even without such refines / improvements it is very useful and powerful toolset. Since probably can't reach original stretch goal we are offering a compromise. Release of beta tools (for free) in it's rougher less polished form without the documentation and tutorials. Hopefully community will help us create those.
After the game is released you will be able to download all the tools used to create the game.
Our main editor is plugin based. It is one single program with many plugins. As we develop the game tools are being updated regularly so there is no point in distributing them with the game on DVD. Those tools are a work in progress in it's continuos 'beta' phase. They are fully functional, but we are still optimizing them to be easier to use.
Probably there will be no need for typical installer. They are only a few MB of exe and dll-s you place in game folder and that's it.
This are the modules you will be able to download from the our web site some time after the release.
1. Main editor (single exe file) with following plugins:
2. Creature Designer Plugin - with all the options to create new NPCs and monsters and options to edit existing creatures. Using this plugin you can edit creature stats, animations tree for creatures, cuttable parts of the creatures, spells and special attacks they use, scripts assigned to them after they die, spawning rates etc.
3. Effects Plugin is used to edit special effects (particle system). Those are used when creating entities and spells.
4. Entity Editor which you can use to create entities (complex objects you place on the map). Each entity is created using many different components (meshes, areas, physics primitives, sounds, lights, effects, lens flares etc). For example, if you wish to create torch, you create entity with one mesh (torch mesh), one sound (burning fire sound), one effect (particle system for fire) and one light (for example red point light). All of these components can be animated using provided spline-based track editor where you can edit most of the entity parameters.
5. Flare Plugin which you can used to create lens flares.
6. GUI editor where you can skin and modify each GUI panel in the game.
7. Materials Plugin where you can import 3D models, texture them, and create materials and material sets they use. Each model can have multiple materials assigned on them. For example, 3D model of the chest can have 2 materials - one for wooden part of the chest and one for metal part of the chest. Metal parts can have reflective material while wooden parts can have regular diffuse material. You can also create multiple material sets for each model. In the case of the simple chest, you can create one version for regular chest, one for chest on the snow, one for the badly damaged chest etc. You can use more than 200 different predefined functions (see note below about nodes) to create all sorts of various materials.
8. World Plugin is the last but most important plugin. You can use it to create whole maps. Each map represents large world. You can create small maps or gigantic ones. This editor is used to model and paint terrain mesh, place entities on the map, edit ambients, add and modify scripts assigned to entities, place pathfinding nodes on the map, add creatures and much more.
One note about nodes: All plugins are created with simplicity and flexibility in mind. Most of them are using node based approach to edit all the data. It means all the materials, entities, scripts etc. are created using combination of predefined nodes. As a game modder, you can simply add predefined nodes and connect them to create effects you want. For example, if you create script for the chest you can add simple event called EntityClicked (this is called when player clicks on the chest), connect CheckDexterity node (this checks if you have sufficiently high dexterity) and then connect final node that opens GUI panel with items in the chest. There are literally hundreds of nodes you can use. Reason why we use node based scripts, materials and so on is that it is almost impossible to create any scripting error. Using nodes even new user will never create memory leaks, syntax errors, infinite loops, buffer overflows and all the other nasty things you can create when typing scripts or code manually.