This project's funding goal was not reached on January 3, 2013.
About this project
I'm here to launch our new line of mens premium undershirts and underwear. This journey started for me, because I was tired of the quality of shirts and underwear that was available to me at local stores. If you want anything that lasts and feels good, you have to pay an arm and a leg for it at speciality stores. I also sought to get away from the standard cotton that the big name companies use because they want to save a few bucks. Organic cotton is far better than standard cotton for both the environment and the consumer, not to mention its superior in softness, feel, breathability, and durability. We believe it's time for a change, and we hope you will too.
We use 100% certified organic cotton in our shirts and underwear. You may be asking, what's the big difference between organic cotton and standard cotton?
- Organic cotton is grown without chemical fertilizers, herbicides or pesticides, all of which are used on standard cotton crops
- 1/3 of a pound of chemicals is needed just to grow enough standard cotton to make 1 regular t-shirt
- Standard cotton is considered one of the most chemically dependent crops in the world. Standard cotton uses 10% of all agricultural chemicals and 25% of all insecticides
- Runoff containing pesticides from cotton fields kills over a million fish per year
- Organic cotton crops use natural methods that help control weeds and pests such as mechanical or hand-weeding, crop rotation, intercropping, mulches, and adjusting planting dates and density of crops
- Organic cotton is safer and healthier: With organic cotton no one is exposed to the chemicals used in standard cotton. From the farmer to the weaver to the seller to the customer, everyone is better off with organic cotton.
- Organic cotton is softer! Organic cotton is hand picked rather than seperated, which results in a much softer, more breathable material.
So why doesn't every company use organic cotton?! Well the sad truth is it's all about money. Organic cotton is more expensive than standard cotton. However, we decided that the additional $1-2 we spend on every shirt and pair of boxers is far worth it to produce a far superior, safer, and eco-friendly product.
- Pre shrunk so there won't be any shrinking once the item arrives
- Tagless collars
- 100% organic cotton- softer than standard cotton
- Sweat resistant- double layered arm pits to provide extra sweat resistance
- Flexibility- We use a organic cotton/lycra-spandex blend to add extra comfort/flexibility when you are moving around. (95% organic cotton/5% lycra-spandex)
- Lay flat collar
We have located and made a deal to use a organic cotton manufacturer in California and everything will be manufactured right here in the US! Everything is in place, now we just need the $15,000 to cover all our startup manufacturing and product costs. We have some great pledge options for you to choose from (we are giving a nice discount to our pledges from the retail price!).
If you are pledging to give as a Christmas present, send me a message to let us know and we will email you a Christmas gift voucher to present to them, letting them know of the gift and what they will be receiving.
Production will take 2-3 weeks to produce everyones order. Our manufacturer has assured me there will be no problems with mass orders. Everyones orders should arrive no later than the last week in January. I hope to get everyones order out sooner than that, and I will be working around the clock to try and make that happen.
Risks and challenges
The hard part will be getting the word out and raising the neccessary funds. I am asking friends, families, and various blogs to help me spread the word and will be working hard to get the word out myself along the way. Once the funding is in place it will just be a matter of placing the order. Most of the hard work is out of the way. I have found a a supplier of the organic cotton and a manufacturer for the shirts and underwear line. Both have the capacity to mass produce. As with any company that relies on manufacturers and supplier in clothing, there are obstacles and things that can go wrong, but we are extremely pleased with the level of service we have received and seen with our suppliers and manufacturers and their track recordsLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)