Welcome back everyone!
As part of our continued efforts to improve the game and integrate all the amazing feedback we got, we have just rolled out Update 19.11 on Steam (GoG and Humble versions need to be submitted to the respective stores so they should become available some time tomorrow).
The full change-log is below, but I quickly wanted to go into a bit more detail regarding some core changes contained in this update:
- Character switching: you can now switch characters at any time, for the cost of 50% of your "Special Meter" (except in Amor's Den where it's free)
This makes it much easier and more convenient to switch if you are about to lose a character or want to bring different weapons to the fight.
When using terminals, you can also freely switch between characters, which makes upgrading all characters / weapons much easier as you don't have to run back and forth to a closet.
Switching in terminals is free, but when you stop using the terminal you will be switched back to the character you were using before the terminal (except in Amor's Den)
Switching is mapped by default to R on the keyboard, and B / Circle on controllers. If you have changed your mapping you might have to quickly go into the options menu and map it to something else!
- Closets: closets now serve manual save points. We added more closets throughout the levels - some in plain view, some a bit more off the beaten path. You will always find a closet before a boss, but the choice of saving is now yours, rather than imposed by automatic save-points.
- Dash: we adjusted the cool-down on the dash, but more importantly we added visual and audio feedback to let players know when the dash is available again.
There are a few more changes affecting gameplay (such as a new torso upgrade tier), but we're hoping these three will drastically improve the game's balance and the overall experience.
The next update will bring an expanded Canal map with new rooms and secret passages for you to discover, a new enemy, the ability to freely backtrack through most of the level, and a couple more cool surprises ;)
Until then, we both sincerely hope you will enjoy this update!
As always if you have any issues, questions, suggestions, or feedback please feel free to contact me directly (my username at hotmail dot com) or contact 11 bit studios through Steam.
Marco & Thomas
FULL CHANGE LOG:
- fixed getting stuck in canal bridges when coming in at a particular angle from the left
- fixed tool ammo not refilling correctly when picking up the same tool
- fixed mapping an action to pressing the left or right sticks
- if you map movement to the right stick, aiming now correctly switches to the left stick
- fixed wrong entry in darts mini-game instructions
- fixed sound bug when hovering with mouse cursor over unavailable ammo selection in weapon upgrade stations
- fixed bug preventing the chainsaw from being unlocked in Chinese language settings
- fixed some German translations
- dedicated Chinese server for online multiplayer
- closets now serve as manual save-points
- switching characters is now available at any time for mana cost
- you can now switch characters while using terminals or upgrade stations
- adjusted dash cool-down to 800ms
- added visual feedback for dash cool-down / when dash is available again
- you can now buy amber balls from the black market guy as well as sell them
- hacking tool now gives visual and audio feedback when there is nothing to hack close enough to the player
- judge office cut-scene now highlights unlocked door
- increased crab-barrel damage
- increased rocket launcher damage and area of effect
- adjusted various sound volumes
- made grenade a bit faster
- added a new torso upgrade tier and increased the cost of the "self-healing" upgrade
- destructible wall fans, suitcases, and trolleys in the train station
- added tutorial about switching characters