Little status update
Hey guys and gals,
it's been a while since the last update, and I've been kindly reminded by some of you (you'll know who you are, thanks for reaching out ^_^#) that a little update was long overdue.
Unfortunately there is not that much to say, and even less to show. That's not to say we haven't made any progress, but QA and fixing bugs doesn't make for very exciting updates!
We've been polishing a lot of small things, updating the clunky old menus, improving in-game UI and terminals for more clarity, adding a few features that greatly improve the coop experience (for example the ability to trade weapons and money between players), fine-tuning the difficulty, balancing the weapons, and fixing ... oh ... so ... many ... bugs!
The PC and Xbox builds are now pretty tight, and we're putting the final touches on the PS4 version so that we can launch on all platforms at the same time. After that comes the certification process from Microsoft and Sony, which nobody can say exactly how long it will take, then we will finally be ready to launch.
I realize that a lot of you backed the desktop version and couldn't care less about consoles, but we only get one launch, and we have to do it right in order to reach enough people to justify DLC, updates, a true modding community, etc.
In the meantime we are trying to figure out the best way to release a (practically) final build to Kickstarter backers without "hurting" the game's launch / marketing campaign, so while I don't have all the specifics just yet, please rest assured that anybody who backed the game will be able to play it before it launches!
The game is still coming to Linux and Amiga as well, and the modding tools and physical rewards (boxed versions and such) will follow shortly after launch.
So all things considered we're inching closer to a release every day, but we need to really nail that last 5% or so of the game in order to avoid wasting the remaining 95% of work already done.
Realistically speaking, and considering the average certification time for consoles, we're still hoping to launch some time around mid-October, although the date might shift a bit depending on the feedback from Microsoft and Sony. Regarding the desktop versions, I'm hopeful we'll be able to update the Steam Kickstarter backer branch some time around the end of this month.
And finally, even though it's not as exciting as a new level or new enemies, I'm leaving you all with some screenshots of the menus / polish.
As always please feel free to contact me directly for any enquiry, rant, or even just to say hi at benitosub at hotmail dot com :)