Surprise Stretch Goal + Pre-Production
Hope you are all doing great!
We wanted to make a quick update on how things are and talk about that surprise stretch goal ;)
Two days ago, we received the components that we changed after we inspected the prototype mentioned in the previous update.
1. We increased the thickness of the Custom shaped barricades and traps.
- We are happy how this turned out and approved them for mass production.
2. Small adjustments on the player boards.
- We nailed this one too and approved the Player Boards for mass production. The problem was that the dents were too big for the components and they were very loose. After the adjustments to the thickness on some of the components and the size of the holes in the dual layer player board, now they fit like a glove :)
3. We completely redesigned the Wood resource.
- The oval shaped resource for the Wood, even though looked good, it caused problems. The issue was that the resources rolled on the table until they bumped into something. It was really annoying to see how the logs roll through Nottingham while you were planning a heist on the Sheriff's carriages. To say that it was distracting, will be an understatement.
So we had to abandon that concept and think of something new, while keeping the costs around the same.
The biggest constraint was the size of the face of the resource.
We tried multiple option as shown on the picture below, but each option would have meant increasing the size of the resource by 100% (which translates to increasing the costs for that resource 100%)
In the end, we created the Wood resource in the shape of a branch. The shape helped stay around the same costs for the resource, it looked good and it fits thematically.
The other change that we made are the dice. The ornamental design in the corners was too thin and we were faced with a risk that design could come off on some of the dice during the cleaning process right after the engraving process finishes.
The option was to make the design bigger or remove it completely. We chose to remove it completely because making the ornament bigger could have cluttered the dice. The most important information on the dice is the symbol (weapon or shield) and it's color. In this particular situation, less is more.
So here is the final look of the dice.
The only thing to receive and approve is the plastic insert and the big meeples.
We should receive them soon.
The decision to receive the prototype components in 3 waves helps us start production little earlier than original planned.
Last week we've entered production with all of the components that we approved, about 99% of them. There are just 3 things left to enter production, and those are the rulebook, plastic insert and the big meeples.
The plan is to finish production late August and have the games in our warehouses (and start delivery) around October. Around a month ahead of the promised delivery date.
Let's cross fingers and hope nothing unexpected happens that will derail the plans :))
The Final Stretch Goal
As you know, with this campaign Final Frontier Games reached a rather big milestone which will go in the history books of the company and that is, $1.000.000 total raised through Kickstarter.
We thought long and hard about this. How to celebrate the occasion, what will be best for us, for the game, and most importantly for you.
The easiest and the best way for the company would have been to create some collectible and ship it to you together with the game. A small token of our appreciation for helping us live our dreams.
But this wouldn't have benefited the game, and we weren't really sure how fun or cool this would've been for you. Whether it was a unique piece of art, collectible metal coin or some other object that you would display (or place it in a box somewhere and forget about it :) )
The idea was something that would check all the boxes. The company, the game and you.
So a decision was made to put aside all our projects that are in the pipeline and spend few more months in development of this project.
We are happy to say that the final stretch goal, a gift from us to you, will be a printed rulebook of the fully coop mode of Robin Hood and the Merry Men!
We know that this will greatly benefit the game, it will give value to you and make you happy, and in return that will make us happy! It was really an easy decision once we thought about this.
The game now will have 3 different game modes: Semi-coop, Coop and Solo, along with few modules that we unlocked.
Hope this revelation was worth the wait for you!