Dominic & Claire Fun-Size stars the adorable kitten Dominic and the perky teenager Claire in a collection of funny segments! In this remarkable spin-off of Max West's Sunnyville Stories, watch as Claire's father teaches Dominic about respecting property (and failing), a friend of Dominic literally holding up a building and Dominic soliciting Chester (Claire's Brother) for a local charity with uproarious results! These modern hijinks will leave you chortling with good old-fashioned laughter!
- Dominic & Claire Fun-Size collects 16 black & white pages filled with chucklesome laughs!
- Portable digest size (5.5 x 8.5 inches) comic book!!
- Simple yet clear artwork + straightforward humor = FUN FOR EVERYONE!
Dominic & Claire already got rousing reviews in their first outing, the Dominic & Claire Funnies. Just look at these blurbs courtesy of DriveThru Comics:
Max West (me) is the creator of Dominic & Claire, learning comics by trial & error and at night school...but mostly trial & error.
I've been drawing comics for awhile now; I am also the creator of Sunnyville Stories, which features Dominic's teenage cousin Rusty. This comic of mine has gotten sensational reviews...but don't take my word for it. Just look at some of the Amazon reviews:
Did I mention I've had three successful Kickstarters in the past?
Why am I doing this Kickstarter? It is because I want to make people chuckle & guffaw with more stories involving this comic duo and there's little (if any) humor print comics available any more. Honestly, whatever happened to making people laugh? The guiding principle for Dominic & Claire and Dominic's motivation comes from that song..."make'em laugh, make'em laugh, don't you know everyone wants to laugh?"
We are here on Kickstarter to raise US$800 to print a 500 copy run of my digest comic Dominic & Claire Fun-Size. My goal is to get this funny comic into the hands of comics readers.
So what will the US$800 be used for? Printing the comics will cost about $410; the printer is here in the USA, has a quick turnaround time and even has free shipping to me! Shipping costs of the comics and other rewards will run around $141 with packaging for said rewards costing $87. Promoting the campaign will cost about $83. Everything else will go to cover processing fees, Kickstarter's take and any unforeseen challenges.
Want to see some more of what "Dominic & Claire" is like?
Either click the above image or click here for a sneak peek!
Now let's get to the good stuff - THE REWARDS!
MILESTONE BONUS REWARDS!
- 25% FUNDED - UNLOCKED!! EXTRA COMIC FOR ALL BACKERS!
- 40% FUNDED - UNLOCKED!! EXTRA ILLUSTRATION FOR ALL BACKERS!
- 50% FUNDED - UNLOCKED!! EXTRA COMIC FOR ALL BACKERS!
- 75% FUNDED - UNLOCKED!! EXTRA COMIC FOR ALL BACKERS!
- 90% FUNDED - UNLOCKED!! EXTRA ILLUSTRATION FOR ALL BACKERS!
- 100% FUNDED - UNLOCKED!! EXTRA COMIC FOR ALL BACKERS!
There just might be other rewards too...
THE PROJECT TIMELINE:
- SEPTEMBER 4 - OCTOBER 4: The project's timespan
- OCTOBER 4: End date. As funds process, D&C Fun-Size is wrapped up; I draw cameos in comic for those backers getting that pledge.
- OCTOBER 5 - 12: Digital rewards go out. Drawing of sketch cards for select backers opting for that reward.
- OCTOBER 18: Funds should clear by this date. After final check on D&C Fun-Size, files go to printer.
- OCTOBER 25: Quick turnaround time by printer (here in USA!) means comics should arrive to me.
- OCTOBER 26 - NOVEMBER 30: Physical rewards (comics, art, etc) get mailed out to backers, domestic & international, via United States Postal Service.
Well, that's the plan. Thank you very much for your attention. Dominic & Claire thank you too as does their hometown of New Gestad. Most of all, I thank you too!
Well, what are you waiting for? Make your pledge today by selecting one of those pledge buttons and tell others about this comics campaign!
Risks and challenges
The big challenges this time is that this Kickstarter will be bigger than my previous ones, meaning more backers and more rewards to send out.
As I reside in North Dakota, there is also the brutal winters to deal with. We get snow as early as October and late as April! This could slow down mailing times for rewards.
I aim to meet those challenges no matter what. In addition to keeping all of you out there up to date on my progress, I have come through on my past three successful Kickstarters when it comes to shipping rewards.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)