Over the course of the last 15 years I have lived, loved and lost creating online browser based Indie games.
In 2001 Forlorn Hope: Online introduced ayers to my madness and since then I have unleashed numerous games including the Lands of Hope franchise.
During the height of its success LoH had over 100,000 players. That was many years ago and the time is right for the return of this once noble franchise.
To that end I am proud to announce Lands of Hope Redemption a forthcoming browser based role playing game. Playable in Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and more..
- Sprite based 2D Graphics.
- Sound Effects and Music
- Large Maps
- Open World Gameplay
- Dungeons and Ruins to Explore
- Over 40 General Skills
- Over 100 Combat Powers
- Thousands of Items to Loot / Steal or Craft
- Rogue Skills such as Stealing / Shadowstrike / Stealth and Lockpicking.
- Home Ownership
- Player Stores
- Guilds and Groups
- Hundreds of Hours of Gameplay content.
- Expected Release Date: September 2014
- Expected BETA: Mid Summer 2014
- Combat fought over an Isometric backdrop, allowing you to fight single foes or multiple foes at once in a turn based environment. So you can fight at your speed.
- A return to the wonderful world of Myzan, set during the years long before the events of Lands of Hope.
- Armor and Weapon Sets
- Integration with Facebook / Kongregate and more.
Scroll down for more Story elements.
Demo of Lockpicking in motion @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlMkjGhr9go
About LoH 3
As you awaken from a deep sleep your senses slowly come alive, you hear the rhythmic crashing of waves against a shore, you feel a warm breeze drifting across your body sending shivers down your spine as it touches bruises and cuts that feel like you have been in a nasty fight.
You open your eyes to your surroundings and are shocked to discover that you are lying on a sandy beach with just a hazy recollection of who you are and how you got there.
As you struggle to your feet you look out to sea expecting to see a wreck but see nothing aside from flotsam and a small reef out in the distance.
Searching the beach you encounter a small pouch not too far from where you awoke, you open the pouch and find several items. You may only take one item, which one is it?
• Silver Spoon - You are Royal – You choose this option and your memory returns. You are a noble, travelling to a distant city at the request of a King.
• Photo of a Loved One - You are an Immigrant – You are a peasant traveling to anywhere else but where you came from.
• War Memento - You are a Soldier – You were being transferred from one posting to another.
• Length of Rope - You are a Sailor – You were part of the crew on the ship.
• Key - You are a Criminal – You were being transferred to a distant Jail aboard the ship.
• Book - You are an Intellect – You were travelling to a University using the ship as your means of transportation.
• Bandage - You are a Healer – You were called to a faraway city to help treat a sickness that was spreading.
• Purse - You are a Trader – You were hauling a cargo of valuable herbs aboard the ship.
• Choose Nothing - You are an Explorer – You were exploring the world. • None of the Above – No back story but the ability to pick your own skills to begin with.
Depending on your choice you will be assigned starting items and skills as well as a unique series of quests and decisions that will follow you as you play the game.
Each of the story lines will intersect uniting them with a common thread that will become clear as you play the game.
The shore you start out on will be the “Training Area” teaching you the basics and from there the game is Open World with monsters and quests that scale to your level, allowing you to go almost anywhere and do and be almost anything.
The game will use a modified version of the Worlds Quest game engine with some improvements such as a modified tree system to allow you to get closer to trees rather than having an invisible barrier.
You will be able to learn skills using skill points, there will be a level limit as yet to be determined.
The majority of your funding will be used to pay for art assets. Artists are not cheap and are an essential resource in the war against gaming boredom.
Some money will be set aside for misc costs associated with this project such as 3 - 6 months of hosting for release.
LoHR Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lands-of-Hope-Redemption/737518802958828
LoH Community FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/landsofhope/
Risks and challenges
Starting a project like this is never easy ... however I have been developing online games for over 15 years now. I have lived through some major tragedies as well as had some major high points and met some amazing people.
Over the years over 100,000 people have experienced games produced by myself under the Forlorn Games Studio heading.
I love interacting with my players, and go 110% when it comes to completing and supporting the products I make.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)