About this project
Initial Goal Reached!
Thanks to our generous backers we've now hit our goal with time to spare and are able to offer some stretch goals for additional versions!
To qualify for one of these versions you'll need to pledge at least £10. If you've pledged at least £35 you will be entitled to ALL the versions that get made.
Please note that we will need more time to develop these other versions, so they are likely to be released either Q1 or Q2 of 2014.
Pledges from PayPal also count towards the stretch goals. When last checked, the amount pledged via PayPal was: £2,068
Hi! I'm Adrian Barritt (ADE) creator of the award winning Pro Pinball series of pinball simulations, still regarded by many as the best ever made. Now, together with my talented team at Barnstorm Games and with your help, I want to completely rebuild the 1997 pinball hit Timeshock! as an ULTRA Edition for PC, Mac, iOS and Android, redefining the "state of the art", and blowing away everyone's expectations of what's possible.
My ultimate aim is to completely rebuild all four classic games from scratch (The Web, Timeshock!, Big Race USA and Fantastic Journey) to create amazing new ULTRA Editions, whilst developing a whole new series of brand new games using both original and licensed themes, hopefully designed in conjunction with well known ex-Williams designers. Eventually, I would like to see all the games going out on just about every platform out there; PC, Mac, iOS, Android, OUYA, Linux, XBLA, PS3, PS Vita, 3DS and Wii U.
To start this process I want to begin as simply as makes sense. Which is where this Kickstarter comes in. The first step will be to totally rebuild Timeshock! taking both the visuals and gameplay to levels of realism never before seen. To keep the goal for this Kickstarter low the initial platforms will be limited to PC, Mac, iOS and Android. But if we reach our target with time to spare we will be able to add additional platforms as stretch goals at that point.
We will also add exciting new features such as Glass-Off Mode where you can remove the virtual glass from the machine and experiment with it, just like you can with a real machine. There will also be pixel perfect support for the highest resolution screens out there, such as iPad Retina, Portrait Mode Full HD and MacBook Pro Retina, coupled with a brand new lighting engine that will bring new meaning to the word dynamic!
We have the proven ability and technology to make the ultimate pinball simulation, now with your help, we can take pinball simulation to new heights never before seen!
- The ultimate pinball physics engine taken to the max!
- Beautiful photo realistic graphics at insane resolutions
- Control over the ambient light level - play in the dark with awesome ultra dynamic lighting effects
- Hundreds of top quality dot-matrix display animations
- Operator's Menu lets you customise and experiment with the table
- Glass-Off Mode - lets you take the virtual glass off the table and push the balls around the table with your finger or mouse!
- A brand new official Pro Pinball forum, with a special VIP section for some backers featuring developer diaries and more
- Unified world-wide high score leaderboards
- Portrait view support including a special view optimised for cabinets
- Full support for cabinets, including second and third displays and real DMD
- More content packed in than many regular tables put together - Multiballs, Wizard Modes, Video Modes, Spinners, Jet Bumpers, Magnets, Drop Targets and just about everything else you can imagine!
Acclaim for the original Pro Pinball Series
The Web (1995): "The graphics and ball movement are so stunningly accurate, you'll almost feel as if you're controlling a real table." - GameSpot
Timeshock! (1997): "the closest thing you'll find to real pinball on the PC." - GameSpot
Big Race USA (1998): "sets the standard for realism, ball physics, and graphical detail among all computer pinball games." - The Adrenaline Vault
Fantastic Journey (1999): "the details and textures would make you swear it was a real table that had been photographed." - Gazebo
The main reward of course is the game itself (featuring the new Glass-Off Mode), due December 2013. Which will be offered DRM free on PC & Mac, though we hope to get the game onto Steam as well.
On top of that, we have many Kickstarter exclusive rewards which you will find listed to the right. Including; Key Rings, Signed Boxed Copies, Alpha & Beta access, life size posters and more.
Concept artwork for some of the rewards can be found below.
You can now add some individual items to an existing pledge. If there are Add-Ons you like, simply increase your pledge by the appropriate amount (plus shipping if appropriate), whilst keeping the same tier selected. When the Kickstarter ends we will contact you to find out which Add-Ons you’d actually like.
Digital Add-Ons (requires a base pledge of £5 or above)
- +£5 Timeshock! ULTRA Edition Digital Poster and Wallpapers Pack (Now included in £35 Tier and above)
- +£5 Special Gold Virtual Pinball (Now included in £90 Tier and above)
- +£10 Digital Soundtrack (Included in £35 Tier and above)
- +£10 Pro Pinball: Timeshock! ULTRA Edition Online World Championship Entry (Now included in £250 Tier and above)
- +£20 Pro Pinball Art Package for Pinball Cabinets (Now included in £250 Tier and above)
- +£100 Fully Custom Virtual Pinball (Now Included in £500 Tier and above)
Physical Add-Ons (requires a base pledge of £60 or above)
- +£10 Extra Pro Pinball Key Ring (Included in £60 Tier and above)
- +£15 Limited Edition Signed Timeshock! ULTRA Edition Soundtrack CD (Now Included in £500 Tier and above)
- +£20 Black Pro Pinball T-Shirt (Included in £125 Tier and above)
- +£20 White Timeshock! ULTRA Edition T-Shirt (Now Included in £500 Tier and above)
- +£30 Extra Gatefold Boxed Copy (Included in £60 Tier and above)
- +£35 Signed Life Size Playfield Poster (Included in £125 Tier and above)
- +£40 Pro Pinball Hoodie (Included in £250 Tier and above)
UK Shipping is included. For overseas, please add £5 per physical item with exception of the Key Ring.
Please note that some tiers already include some of these items. On top of that, the brand new Add-On items are now included for free in some of the existing tiers!
This handy card shows you what the key features are for each tier and roughly how much the pledge would be in USD and EUR (both of which include shipping outside the UK):
New Item Details
Timeshock! ULTRA Edition Playfield Digital Poster and Wallpapers Pack: Very high resolution digital poster and wallpapers for desktops, tablets and phones.
Special Gold Virtual Pinball: This can be turned on and off in the options and will be available to play with on any future tables too.
Timeshock! ULTRA Edition Online World Championship Entry: An entry into the Official Timeshock! ULTRA Edition Online World Championship to be held in 2014.
Pro Pinball Art Package for Pinball Cabinets: 300 DPI artwork specially created for you to print out to decorate your pinball cabinet. You get two versions; Timeshock! and generic Pro Pinball (translites included).
Fully Custom Virtual Pinball: Work with our design team to create your very own custom virtual pinball that you’ll be able to use on all Pro Pinball tables we ever make.
Limited Edition Signed Timeshock! ULTRA Edition Soundtrack CD: Uncompressed and optimised for your listening pleasure. Featuring new artwork too.
White Timeshock! ULTRA Edition T-Shirt: Goes nicely with the Black Pro Pinball T-Shirt.
So far we have been funding the development ourselves, squeezing the work in between other paid projects. Though at this rate it could take us years to complete. But if we can raise £40,000 from your pledges we can give the project the resources it deserves and get the ULTRA edition of Timeshock! in your hands before the end of the year. Kickstarter is by far the best way to raise these funds as we can keep full control whilst getting you involved at the same time - we've already had some great leader board suggestions from some of our backers.
If you are unable to pledge on Kickstarter because you don't have a credit card you can now pledge using PayPal instead.
Where will the money go?
We've made good progress already, but there is still much needed to complete the game on all four platforms, such as:
- A brand new state of the art physics engine with new balls and flippers (the classic physics engine will still be an option for those who prefer it)
- A beautiful new front-end and menu system for all platforms
- Further graphics engine enhancements, such as motion blurred flippers
- Support for pinball cabinets, including multiple displays
- Improvements and tweaks to the game rules, including a few new surprises!
- Dot Matrix Display improvements
- New hardware to render super high-resolution photo realistic images with multiple viewing angles
My team and I are very excited about the potential this Kickstarter will unlock. I’ve long dreamed of being able to bring Pro Pinball back and take it to new heights. If you share that dream and want to get the ultimate pinball simulation you really deserve, then please do it by funding this Kickstarter.
Risks and challenges
In addition to Pro Pinball we have created many games including Mario Pinball Land, Metroid Prime Pinball and Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon. Our track record shows that we can deliver, the only real variable is the time it might take.
So there is a risk that the release dates might have to slip to enable us to hit the quality levels we demand, but we won't rest until we have delivered the ultimate pinball simulator that all of us want!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
We'd prefer you to pledge on Kickstarter if you can. But if that isn't an option because you don't have a credit card, you can now pledge with PayPal by following this link:
Yes, if the platform you want the game on permits DRM free distribution, you can receive the game without DRM.
We hope so. Pro Pinball: The ULTRA Editions is currently on Greenlight, please vote for us:
Even if the stretch goal for a particular platform isn't reached we still hope to support it. If sales of the other platforms are high enough, then we will still be able to do additional platforms with the funds raised from those sales.
Support this project
- (45 days)