This Jackson Hole, WY - singer-songwriter original music project Maddy and the Groove Spots wants YOU on board for our debut EP recording!
THE PROJECT: To record Maddy and the Groove Spots' debut EP.
WHY WE ARE REACHING OUT TO YOU: Because recording and promoting music costs money.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
1)The music, the love, the knowledge that you are invested in a collaborative creative project that is working to significantly further multiple young artists' careers.
2) Some serious perks:
- The music --- it's yours, at any contribution level.
- EP ARTWORK: We have reached out a very talented, up-and-coming Jackson Hole, WY native, Ms. Kelly Halpin, to create our EP artwork. Kelly has been working with us to design a piece that captures the story and essence of the songs on this EP. We have highlighted and built her talent into our awards packages via digital downloads, stickers, postcards, posters, and exclusive, LIMITED-EDITION prints available only to this project's Kickstarter funders (said prints become available at certain donation levels). SCOPE KELLY at www.thecoffeeweirds.com.
- KICKSTARTER FUNDER-EXCLUSIVE "Behind the scenes: the making of the EP" backstage video, to be made by the amazing Ms. Christie Quinn. This video is designed to include you in our narrative and share with you what your contribution has created! We want you to see first-hand and at the working level what your investment in us looks like. Christie is another up-and-coming Jackson Hole artistic talent with whom I've previously worked as a film score composer, and she's simply fabulous. She created our Kickstarter video, and you can learn more about her at www.christiejoy.org.
WHY THIS PROJECT NEEDS TO HAPPEN:
We need a recording of our original music to help move this band and our creative careers forward.
Hello, I am Maddy. I'm a musician, singer, songwriter, keyboardist, melodica player, film score composer, music student and music educator. I love and live for the world of music. My GROOVE SPOTS are a group of talented Jackson Hole players who have joined me for the the music, the ride, and the love of it all. They are all pretty amazing people.
My gracious Groove Spots have helped me to begin realizing my dream of sharing my music with the world by playing music with me around town over the past few months. Little by little our reach grows, and more people are able to hear our music.
BUT: not everyone can be at our live shows, and lots of people still don't know who we are.
In order for us to be able to share our work with those people and expand our performance and career opportunities as musicians, we need a solid recording of our music. We need to record a few of our tracks in a high-quality way so that we can begin to book more gigs and start playing out and about more and more --- but maybe most importantly, and back to the roots of it all: because the music is HERE! --- in the world! It exists, and we've created it, and we want so share it with YOU!
BREAKDOWN OF PROJECT COSTS:
Our KICKSTARTER GOAL is based on these costs:
- Studio time / enginner needed to record two original tracks.
- Mixing and mastering needed to complete creation of these tracks.
- Studio pay for my Groove Spots, all professional musicians, who are investing their time, energy, and love in order to bring my songs to life.
- Distribution & promotion costs associated with getting the tracks out and about (some Facebook ads, a few printed CD copies of the EP to send to radio stations, etc.).
- Commission costs going to the lovely and talented Kelly Halpin (www.thecoffeeweirds.com) for her time spent to create our EP ARTWORK.
- Commission costs to my amazingly beautiful filmmaker and photographer friend Christie Quinn for her help taking and editing our band press and promo photos, creating our Kickstarter video and creating our funder-exclusive "Behind the scenes: the making of the EP" video.
- Apprx. 10% in costs and payment fees involved with crowdfunding via Kickstarter.
AND OF COURSE --> Funder Awards!
- It costs money to make and distribute our Kickstarter awards, and we've built those expenses into our project budget.
IF (should I say it, shoot for the stars!) WE GO OVER OUR KICKSTARTER GOAL: all extra funds will go towards the recording of more music and/or the creation of a music video for one of our recorded tracks. I have about 15 songs ripe for the studio, and Christie and I have been long talking about producing a creative, narrative-driven music video for one of my songs that would highlight our local artist friends, musicians, fashion designers, and stage performers --- all against the beautiful backdrop of the wild scenery of Jackson Hole, WY.
Risks and challenges
Honestly, I can't imagine anything (save an Act-of-God kind of deal) that will stand as a serious obstacle to this project's progression. THIS EP is the first part of my wildest dreams coming true, and I am completely, totally and passionately committed to seeing this project to fruition. If they so present, I will embrace any and all possible obstacles as an opportunity to learn more about myself, the music industry, and the ins-and-outs of being a professional singer-songwriter. Thank you for being here! xoxo, m.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (17 days)