We are raising funds to purchase 52 Teas from the founder - Frank Horbelt - so that we can continue to create a new, hand-crafted, artisan blend every week.
WE DID IT!
We want to start out by thanking all our generous supporters - YOU did this - YOU saved 52Teas and YOU made this all possible for us.
Thank you! We sincerely thank you for helping to make our dream a reality. Thank you!
So now what?
Now that we’ve reached our goal, we want you to know that 52Teas will CONTINUE! We will be purchasing 52Teas from Frank and getting the equipment and inventory we need to get the business started.
We still have time with this campaign and there are other things that we need to run the business efficiently. So, please don't stop those pledges from coming in! We are starting out from scratch. At this moment and until we receive the funding, we don't have any equipment, supplies or inventory to be able to start making the teas.
Just added April 6th!
You asked for them, and we listened! And here are the five new reblends:
- Cinnamon Roll Honeybush
- Strawberry Pie Honeybush
- Lime Jello Salad Green Tea - one of my personal faves!
- Mango Ice Cream Black Tea
- Hot Buttered Banana Bread Black Tea
You can click on the name of the tea to be taken to the Steepster page for the tea where you can learn more about the tea and read other people's thoughts on the teas.
We held a vote in the comment section of the campaign for a new set of five reblends, and I've decided to add these to the Campaign Reblends.
This means that you can purchase these reblends individually as part of the $10 incentive and you can add any of the five to the mix-and-match option of the $25 reblend sampler incentive (and the $41 incentive). The $50 incentive will remain as is and will include only the ORIGINAL ten reblends, as will the $111 incentive.
I've also added an all-new INCENTIVE that will include all fifteen reblends and will ship out in October. The new $75 incentive will include a sampler size of all fifteen of the reblends!
To ADD a reblend to your pledge:
a) Click on the "Manage Your Pledge" button above.
b) Add $10 onto your pledge for each additional large pouch of tea you want to add to your pledge.
c) When the campaign ends, you'll be sent a survey. In that survey, please let me know which reblends you want!
Our STRETCH GOALS!
Stretch Goal #1 – $7,500! If we surpass our goal by $2,500, we’ll reward everyone who contributed $50 or more to our campaign with a ½ ounce pouch of their choice of campaign reblends!
MORE TEA = MORE HAPPINESS!
Stretch Goal #2 – $10,000! We'll reward everyone who contributed $30 or more to our campaign with another ½ ounce pouch of their choice of tea. You can choose from a tea of the week for the month of June OR a reblend. This ½ ounce pouch reward is in addition to the first stretch goal reward for those who contributed $50 or more.
This stretch goal will allow us to start working with a website developer so that we can upgrade the website.
With the popularity of the add-ons and the demands (more like polite requests) for new re-blends and special tins, I have decided to offer a couple of new add-ons to the campaign.
I have included instructions on how to include these add-ons to your existing pledge. Please scroll down below to "Add-On Instructions" for details.
All add-ons require a base pledge of the $25 incentive or higher. Each three-tier tin is an additional $35 in addition to your base pledge. Instructions for including an add-on to your pledge are outlined below.
Introducing the Three-Tier Tea Tin!
Each chamber will be filled with 1 1/2 to 2 ounces of tea!
Along with this new tin comes four all new tea collections for those three chambers. Here are the four new collections:
- Banana Peach Green (Reblend) Click here to read more about this blend.
- Spiced Orappangele (Reblend) Click here to read more about this blend.
- Strawberry Coconut Honeybush (NEW and currently exclusive to this collection!) - this may ultimately become a green rooibos blend instead of Honeybsh, I will test both and see which one I like best! But it'll have strawberry and coconut flavors and a hint of vanilla.
- S'mores Genmaicha (Reblend) Click here to read more about this blend.
- Drunken Latin Rice Beverage Genmaicha (Reimagined with a non-copyright infringement name)
- Mango Sticky Rice Custard Genmaicha (NEW and currently exclusive to this collection!) Mango, coconut, rice & custard flavors with a hint of brown sugar just to keep things yummy.
- Smaug Green Tea (Reblend) Click here to read more about this blend.
- Chocolate Marshmallow Spicy Chai (Reblend) Click here to read more about this blend.
- Pineapple Mango Habanero (NEW and currently exclusive to this collection!) A black tea blend with, what else? Pineapple, mango and Habanero flavors.
- Rainbow Sherbet (Reblend) Click here to read more about this blend.
- Blueberry Zabalione (Reblend) Click here to read more about this blend.
- Pineapple Cheesecake (NEW and currently exclusive to this collection!) This will be an Oolong blend with the flavors of pineapple and cheesecake.
To add one (or more) of these special tin collections onto your pledge, please refer to the instructions below! The three-tier tin add-on is $35 per collection, plus the base pledge of $25 or higher.
The Three Tier Tins will begin shipping in January 2016.
We just added a few new SAMPLER packs that are available as add-ons only! You can add these Sampler Packs to your pledge by choosing which sampler pack you want and follow the instructions to add to your contribution!
BREAKFAST INSPIRED TEA SAMPLER
- French Toast Black Tea (Reblend) - click here to read more about this blend.
- Buttered Cinnamon Raisin Toast (Reblend) - click here to read more about this blend.
- Hindbaersnitter Shou Mei (Reblend) - click here to read more about this blend.
- Blueberry Scone (NEW and currently exclusive to this sampler!) - A green tea blend with blueberry and buttery pastry flavors and a hint of vanilla.
- Glazed Donut (NEW and currently exclusive to this sampler!) - A black tea blend with ooey, gooey, glazed donut-y goodness. Mmm!
FRUITY TEA SAMPLER
- Pina Colada Honeybush (Reblend) - click here to read more about this blend. This one is award winning!
- Strawberry Zabaglione Black Tea (Reblend) - click here to read more about this blend.
- Rainbow Sherbet Black Tea (Reblend) - click here to read more about this blend.
- Blackberry Lime Turnover (NEW and currently exclusive to this sampler!) - A green tea blend with the flavors of blackberry, lime, buttery pastry and a hint of caramelized brown sugar.
- Watermelon Pineapple Sorbet White Tea (NEW and currently exclusive to this sampler!) - A white tea blend with the flavors of watermelon, pineapple and a hint of creamy sorbet.
To include an add-on to your pledge, follow these steps:
1) Add-On collections are available to backers who have pledged $25 or more.
2) Click on the "Manage Your Pledge" button above. If you haven't yet contributed to this project, it will say "Back this Project."
3) Increase your pledge in the 'Pledge Amount' box by the total of the add-on you want to add. Each sampler is $25. If you're an Canadian contributor, please add an additional $6 for shipping (You should increase your total pledge by $31). If you're an international contributor, please add an additional $9 for shipping (You should increase your total pledge by $34).
If you wish to add the new Three-Tiered Tins with three different teas to your pledge: Each Three-Tiered Tin is $35. If you're a Canadian contributor, please add an additional $9 for shipping (You should increase your total pledge by $44). If you're an international contributor, please add an additional $12 for shipping (You should increase your total pledge by $47).
4) After the end of the campaign, you'll receive a survey that will ask you questions so that you can let us know which add-on you want.
Please Remember: Add-ons will begin shipping in September 2015 for the samplers and January 2016 for the Three Tier Tins. These add-ons are available ONLY as add-ons for those who have contributed to the $25 incentive or higher and these teas are not available as other incentives. These are add-on bonus incentives only.
This is our Story...
Who are we?
We are a mother-daughter team that is pooling their talents to bring 52Teas back! Anne (mom) is a tea addict that has been drinking tea and writing about it for the last six plus years. Before that, she was drinking tea and creating tea blends. She's passionate about tea!
Amethyst (daughter) is a detail-oriented, intelligent young woman who will keep the business side of things operating while mom makes the tea. She'll be the one making sure orders are sent out on time, the books are balanced and the inventory is maintained.
Together, we have no intention on delivering the average. You can find the average in any grocery store. We want exceptional teas and that's exactly what we plan to bring to you!
Why does this project mean so much to us?
Quite simply, because we love extraordinary tea! There aren’t a lot of tea companies out there that are willing to color outside the lines and play with flavor to create something truly unique. The vision of 52Teas will give us the freedom to create that crazy flavor that will WOW your taste buds!
What will we do with the funds we raise?
We’re looking to take over a company, and we need capital to do that. The fully funded project will allow us to:
- Acquire the company
- Purchase the necessary equipment we need
- Purchase the inventory and supplies we need
What do you - the contributor - get in return?
TEA! Really, is there any better incentive than tea? Of course there isn’t! This time around, we re-evaluated our incentives. We eliminated the extraneous props and gadgets and we’re focused on the TEA!
During the last campaign, we were asked why we weren't offering subscriptions on the campaign. We listened! You can purchase one, two, three or six month subscriptions!
Your Name in Lights!
Well, not really. Instead, your name will be on a special page of our website that we create to thank those of you who contribute $52 or more to our campaign.
Create a Tea of the Week!
As you know, 52Teas is all about a new blend every week. How would you like to be the person coming up with the flavor for the week? The Create a Tea of the Week incentive will allow you to come up with a flavor idea and we’ll make that flavor come to life for you. You choose the flavor (there may be some limits on that based on flavor availability) and you choose the base tea from these choices: black tea blend, green tea blend, white tea blend, honeybush or green rooibos. Finally, you choose the name of the tea. You’ll receive two ounces of your tea of the week in a special tin. If you’d like more than one tin of your tea of the week, you can add $15 onto your pledge for each additional two ounce tin you’d like to receive.
Note: Your tea of the week will ship at the beginning of the month that your tea will be a tea of the week.
Become a 52Teas Ambassador!
This incentive allows you to BE a VIP and create a VIT – that stands for Very Important Tea! With a VIT there are far fewer limitations on the tea blend that you create, and it won’t be a tea of the week, it will be a special tea that’s offered for a limited time and YOUR NAME will appear on the label. This will be your special blend. You can choose any flavor (or flavor combination) and you can choose special tea bases like Silver Needle White tea or Oolong tea. This incentive would make an AWESOME gift for someone special or be a great way to commemorate something special like graduation or a wedding (or an anniversary!) If there’s a special date that you want the tea released on (like on someone’s birthday) just let us know and it will be the VIT released on the special day. You’ll receive two ounces of your VIT in a special tin. If you’d like more than one tin of your VIT, you can add $15 onto your pledge for each additional two ounce tin you’d like to receive.
Note: We will start blending VITs in July/August. We will blend them with special release dates taken into consideration and then we will blend them on a first-come-first served basis.
The most popular incentives involved reblends. So, this time around, rather than having just FIVE campaign reblends, we’re going to double that.Let’s do TEN! We added five other popular favorites (according to votes conducted over the course of the last campaign) and we’re offering ten reblends with this campaign!
Click on the teas to learn more about them.
- Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha
- Graveyard Mist Green Tea
- Sun and Cloud Mist Green Tea
- Pancake Breakfast Black Tea
- Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Black Tea
- Maple Cheesecake Tie Guan Yin
- Blackberries & Cream Shou Mei
- Coconut Cheesecake Honeybush
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish Honeybush
- White Chocolate Grasshopper Honeybush
Reblend Sampler Pack – There are two reblend sampler pack incentives. The first reblend sampler pack offers a small pouch (1/2 ounce size) of all ten reblended teas. The second reblend sample pack offers you five of the reblends and you can customize your sampler pack. Choose the five teas you like best and have them all in one sampler.
With future reblends, we plan to reblend them only in larger size options. This sampler pack is something that is available only to contributors to this campaign!
Other Reblend Incentives: For those of you who absolutely love these teas, we're putting together a limited number of larger sizes of these teas. The incentive will allow you to receive one larger size pouch, and you can increase your contribution to receive more pouches. These larger pouches are 2 ounces for most teas, 1 ½ ounces for bulkier or premium teas. For the campaign reblends, all teas will be 2 ounces except for Maple Cheesecake Tie Guan Yin and Blackberries & Cream Shou Mei, which will be 1 ½ ounces.
Please note: Campaign reblends will ship in late July-August.
You Choose the Reblend!
Was your favorite tea of the past not featured in the campaign reblends? Choose this incentive and choose your favorite tea to have reblended! You’ll receive two ounces of your reblend in a special tin. If you’d like more of your reblend, just add $15 onto your pledge for each additional 2 ounce tin you’d like to receive.
We can't do this without you! We need your help to keep 52Teas going!
Thank you for your support!
Risks and challenges
After going through one Kickstarter campaign and dealing with the failure to fund, our eyes are open wider now! We learned a lot with that first campaign and it was a lot of hard work but it was a valuable experience. We’ve carefully assessed our risks and challenges.
Risks: The biggest risk is that we’re putting ourselves out there again. These Kickstarter campaigns are a lot of work!
Challenges: We lowered our goal, so that meant that we needed to streamline our budget. We had to reassess the inventory we would need immediately. This means that we won’t be able to make every tea imaginable right away. We need to be smarter about the blend choices and the reblend choices.
We also had to reassess what equipment was crucial to make it work and which equipment we could put off buying for a while after we’ve made enough profits to reinvest in the company. So it will be a challenge to operate without all of the equipment we had budgeted for with the first Kickstarter campaign, but, it can be done. It will just be a little more hard work. But we’re ready to work hard!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)