OUTWORLD MINIATURES - THE BASTION KIT
This is "The Bastion" modular kit, by Outworld Studios
What is The Bastion? The Bastion is a modular and fully accessible fortress for tabletop gaming. It is the first in our debut line of 3rd party miniatures for tabletop games. We're calling this line "Outworld Miniatures" and The Bastion is the flagship product. This is a true collectors item designed for adventure gaming and gives collectors an exclusive edge to their games; The possibilities for a game are greatly expanded!
Imagine this, your forces are stationed on a derelict world; They've erected a key position known as "The Bastion", it acts as a forward operating base for the empires unchecked ambitions, the front was always quite... until the assault began. Without warning, dozens of xeno warriors launch a siege on your position. Plasma bolts and hot lead streak across the battlefield as your troops fire from the roof tops and lob grenades down at charging hostiles. Marooned at The Bastion, your forces make a desperate call for reinforcements through the communications array. You receive a transmission that reinforcements are on their way but you must hold out as long as you can.
The enemy breaches the doors on each flank, charging into the first floor and engaging in mortal combat with your troops. Your commander orders a desperate retreat into the second floor where they make their final stand, holding down corridors and preventing the enemy from advancing further. After all, these terminals hold top secret imperial files that would compromise the integrity of the empire if stolen, and you must defend them at all cost; Even if it means all your men die in the process just so reinforcements can arrive at the nick of time and save the intel...
This is what a game with the Bastion could look like. As a fan of Warhammer 40k and the tabletop game, I'm aware how fun and adventurous battles can be but how much more awesome would it be to turn every single battle large or small, into a bloody room to room fight? The Bastion could be used as one of many primary objectives on the map for an apocalypse game or even in smaller games such as Kill Team.
Why should you help fund this project?
- I'm a huge fan of Warhammer 40k, I have made a Space Marine, a Tau Fire Warrior, an Imperial Guard Kasrkin, a wh40kfanfilm teaser (Imperial Guard: Zahadra Lost), and now I'm making this kit for you guys. I love the games and I want to bring something new to the table.
- I'm a 3D modeler with 4+ years of experience, this kit is my design and I will listen to your suggestions. By the end of this campaign I will be adding much more such as modular walls, but with your help I have the skills to bring your suggestions for this kit to life.
- If you back this project, I will be able to make these kits 11x faster and 43% cheaper
- If you pre-order you will receive a great & exclusive collectors item, only made by Outworld Studios.
- Warhammer lacks accessible buildings with interiors and this is my solution to make games more adventurous and entertaining; I have plans to even produce accessible Citadels (and other large kits) in the future. With your help such future kits will become available as collectors items.
- If you pledge a minimum of $5 for this project, you have a chance of winning a free kit every month, FREE SHIPPING TOO :)
- Because *Imperial Fists heavy breathing...*
- Funding this project will open the door to kits for other races, including elves (can't say Eld*r), Orcs, and other xenos.
Now that you know why you should back this project, please help make this goal a reality. I'm an artist by trade and I can't help but to create things. Art is my sustenance and I want to share my creation with other people, while keeping it relatively cheap. Although $100 for this kit is not dirt cheap, it's worth it. Why? Because by the end of this campaign there will be new items available for the kit.
- Modular walls for custom rooms
- Room accessories such as boxes and control panels.
- Cannon operator booth
- Roof Height Extenders
- + More! I'll be holding surveys on what you guys what like to see added!
Please visit my YouTube channel to see videos on the kit & my other projects: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqa2Jhnw-IpjITZQ3A2NOUg?view_as=subscriber
Thank You for considering this project, and from the bottom of my heart thank you for supporting my art.
-Daniel Andrew Vasquez
Founder of Outworld Studios.
Risks and challenges
1. The largest risk with this is a technical issue with defaulty printers, although not likely. If a single printer fails it will decrease production by 10%. However, the printers we'll be getting are some of the most reliable printers on the market and are not known for malfunctions.
2. The greatest challenge will be patience. We ask that those who pre-ordered be patient as we're doing a first come first serve policy. The first to pre-order will receive the first batch of kits; If you're one of the last to orders expect your kit to arrive on the latter end of 2019.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)