Hey everyone and welcome back for:
REDSHIRTS: ADVENTURES IN ABSURDITY, VOLUME 2!
What is Redshirts: Adventures in Absurdity?
Glad you asked! It is a Sci-fi/Comedy Adventure Path that is 100% Starfinder compatible. We launched the first volume on Kickstarter in August, and opened the PDF to the public in December. Within 6 days it was the number 1 hottest Starfinder product on DrivethruRPG, and earned their "Best-Seller" status. The entire Adventure Path, which revolves around surviving a deep space exploration mission with a dysfunctional command crew, will be 4 books and take Players from Level 1-12.
How do critics describe it?
It's been called "The Office Meets Survivor...in space."
What is the tone of the game?
Absurdist humor mixed with low-brow puns. It's great for fans of Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Futurama, or The Orville.
What Can we expect in Volume 2?
- Chapter 4: When a ship of undead creatures kidnaps a Confederation Ambassador, the Redshirts must find a way to rescue her and destroy the vessal, before joining them in undeath, forever.
- Chapter 5: When a routine visit to Plushy Prime, the happiest place in the Universe, goes wrong the Redshirts must unravel a mystery hidden away for thousands of years.
- Chapter 6: When the Captain accidentally gets married again (to the Slurmolian Emperor) only the Redshirts can be trusted to find the one creature in the Universe that can perform the annulment before anyone finds out.
- 20+ new monsters
- New Equipment to kill your enemies with
- 5+ new playable races:
- Fungoids: The Fungus based people see the world in a unique way with a paranoia unbeknownst anywhere else in the universe.
- Val’hooligans: Ancient undead Viking warriors who were worshippers of Loki. Their incessant, never ending pranks and parties got them sent back to the world of the living, stuck between life and death, but still ready to party!
$3500: UNLOCKED! Adds Rednoses, a playable race of traveling carneys that have developed high level technology by borrowing and combining ideas from each planet they visit. I promise they will have a cotton candy gun.
$4000: UNLOCKED! Adds a new playable race, the Olykoeks. This species of yeast based people have two warring kingdoms based on racial attributes: The warlike and aggressive Creem and the honorable, but somewhat frail Hoals. Each group has specific racial traits when playing them, so it’s like a two-for one! You’ll leave these races, they never go stale!
$4500: UNLOCKED! Adds a new playable race known as Equestranauts: These unique creatures are part friendly, loving pony and part death-dealing cyborg weapons platform. Many planets search the universe to hire these creatures to lead their planetary defense forces. These guys remind me of what would happen if someone let Michael Bay do a live action My Little Ponies movie, except they won’t be pure crap.
$5000: UNLOCKED! Adds a Random Encounter chart, with 5 never before seen creatures that you can throw against your PCs whenever they get arrogant. Always aim to replace their confidence with GM-induced paranoia.
$6000: UNLOCKED! The Plushian Welcome Song (Lyrics below) gets an upgrade as we bring in a professional singer. What better way to annoy your players than to play this jingle the entire adventure!
$6500: Adds a full page, printable poster illustration of the Plushian town of Gumdrop Station.
$7000: Adds ten Redshirts specific feats to the game, based on flaws.
So you've done this Kickstarter thing before?
This is our 5th Kickstarter, and we've delivered or are currently delivering on the previous 4. The first couple were a learning experience, but we've really started to streamline the process now!
Who the hell are you to write a comedy game?
I'm a former elementary school teacher, turned comedy writer. I currently have 12 books in print, all categorized as Fantasy/Humor or Sci-fi/Humor. According to my best reviews I have potential to one day be a mediocre writer! Take a look! https://www.amazon.com/T.J.-Lantz/e/B007T5RDJA/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_2?qid=1516074731&sr=8-2
What if I get it and my players hate it?
Well, that means they are boring people and don't deserve your attention. Sever all ties with them and immediately find new friends who are better at life.
What's the timeline for Delivery?
- March 15th: We deliver a Beta Version to our editors, map makers and backers. This version is 100% playable, but will contain minor mistakes. We do it this way so that backers have a hand in the development of the game, not just the final version.
- April 15th: We take all feedback from the previous month, as well as the editing and proofreading and create a final version. That version is submitted for a physical proof.
- May 7th or so: We approve the proof and submit for printing and delivery. At this point we launch our KS for Volume 3.
If I back at the designer level do I really get credit?
Yes, for the rest of your life you can describe yourself as a designer for a best selling RPG. It's the second easiest way to become a best seller, the easiest being selling three books in Canada.
I want to start playing right now. Is Volume 1 available somewhere else?
Why yes it is. You can pick it up right now on Drivethrurpg and not have to wait. This is also great if you wanna see the quality of our work before backing at a higher tier
I'm not ready to back this yet, where can I follow your progress?
* Music in our video is from the song "Redshirts" by Jonathon Coulton, and is being used under a Creative Commons license. Feel free to listen to more from this artist at https://www.jonathancoulton.com/
Risks and challenges
While risks and set backs occur, we're dedicated to bringing Redshirts to you quickly and without hassle. Feel free to look back through our Kickstarters and you'll see we are a communicative and transparent company, even when problems arise.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)