::WARNING:: Please know that we re-used the video from the original Anthro-Adventures for Pathfinder Kickstarter. The only differences in this campaign are that this is for a 5E conversion, and the book is complete. Hopefully it doesn't confuse anyone!
Anthro-Adventures, a popular RPG setting in which the Seven Realms of Layna are ruled by animal-human hybrid races, is now available for your 5E campaigns!
A unique setting, Anthro-Adventures is two designed to fill two goals:
1. To create a setting that a child can seamlessly play in, while having a natural understanding of the nuances of their character's race.
2. To provide an Anthro-Fantasy setting where the conflicts of the animal-human hybrids are the central focus. This allows players to recreate the tone of popular stories such as Redwall, Mistmantle, and others.
Anthro-Adventures accomplishes these goals by creating a setting where each race is created as a sociological experiment in a modern day human genetics lab. As part of the hybrid's development their education is focused around a single piece of Children's Lit chosen to instill desired traits in their newfound species. When a horrid accident sends the hybrids hurtling through time and space the only thing they have to rely on as they continue to develop on their own is those ancient stories once read to them.
Fast forward a thousand years and those hybrid races have flourished, using the tales they were once read as a basis for society. For example the Dog-kin have a powerful medieval theocracy based around dedication to the teachings of the Big Red God (they were read Clifford), Lion-kin prowl the land looking to exterminate evil in the name of the Great Mane (Aslan), and Rat-kin take science to dangerous levels in their Steam-powered cities (They were read Mrs. Frisby and The Rats of Nihm).
The Anthro-Adventures World Guide is 142 pages long and consists of the following:
- Detailed background on the creation of the Seven Realms, including maps.
- Background on each of the Seven Realms, including information on their Geography, Economy, Military, and Society.
- Background and information on 22 playable hybrid races, including stats, racial feats, spells, and equipment.
- 75 pieces of original artwork showing the visual nuances of each hybrid culture.
- A simple, easy to use layout for family friendly gaming.
The 5e version of Anthro-Adventures is about 90% converted and will be available for download within two weeks of the end of this campaign. Physical copies will be delivered after a proofing process, which generally takes 3-4 weeks. Delivery will be direct from DrivethruRPG.com.
Just seeing Anthro-Adventures for the first time and hoping you can still get the Pathfinder edition? Feel free to head on over to DrivethruRPG and pick it up!
An overview of the Seven Kingdoms of Layna:
- The Alliance of Woodland Creatures: Made up primarily of nomadic forest dwellers and protectors of nature, the races of the woodland alliance hold many of Layna’s oldest secrets, and they’re not willing to share. (raccoon, Hedgehog, Rabbit)
- Aviana: An isolationist nation off the southwestern coast, the birds of Aviana hold a great distrust for “walkers”, particularly those who wield firearms. They often attack unseen from the clouds and disappear again before enemies can respond. (Owl, Falcon, Swan)
- Empire of Rodentia: Led by the inventive Guinea Pigs and experiment obsessed Rats, Rodentia boasts the most technology in Layna. They also endure the most accidents, something that keeps their rapidly growing population and advanced urban centers from taking over the world. (Rat, Guinea Pig, Mouse)
- Ruminant Republic: The banking and trade center of Layna, The Ruminants and their allies enjoy unheard of prosperity. Unfortunately this wealth doesn’t always extend to everyone. While the royalty sits inside exquisite palaces, some of their starving people grow angry. (Goat, Cow, Wallaby)
- The Feline Federation: A desert and savanna dwelling nation, the Cats, masters of the arcane arts, and the Lions, masters of axe to the face, are in a constant state of conflict over who is more destined to lead. This is the only thing that keeps them from taking over the rest of the world. (Cat, Lion, Leopard)
- The Canine Kingdom: Content to sit behind their enormous stone walls and preach the word of the Big Red God, the Canines have never lost a battle on their own soil in their thousand year history. Supported by the Wolves’ Alpha squads, The Dog’s unmatched resilience, and the Foxes’ dedication to knowledge, the Canines are Layna’s immovable object. (Dog, Wolf, Fox)
- The Herptile Hegemony is a nation of swamp barbarians dedicated to the pursuit of glory and military victories. They do this to honor their ancestors and their imaginary friends. (Bullfrog, Poison Dart Frog, Turtle)
Risks and challenges
This is our 4th campaign and we've delivered on the previous three (though we did have delays on the original Anthro-Adventures campaign). Since there is very little left to be done on the conversion the risk for this is very small and it should deliver quickly.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (27 days)