We were wrong about how it would happen. When The Objects landed there was no war. No one was ripped into the sky. Certain people were invited, and all of them wanted to go. More seduction than abduction.
Soon You Will Be Gone is an alien invasion film focused on one couple's stand against cosmic forces beyond their control.
A force much like terror or envy or LOVE.
This is the next story in Nick Antosca's collection, The Girlfriend Game. You can watch the first adaption here. Totally NSFW https://www.shortoftheweek.com/2015/02/10/girlfriend-game/
Beyond the short
Everyone on this team has made short films before, but this project is about more than making another awesome short. Our plan is use this film as a proof of concept for a feature length version of the same story that we want to make in the coming year.
We already have an exciting treatment written by the author Nick Antosca and the director. By funding this project, you can help us make a crucial step toward a full length, honest-to-goodness movie. The kind you could see in theaters with your friends and a mouth full of Milk Duds!
Helping make a great short film is good karma on it's own, but you could be a part of something even bigger.
I really mean this, so much so that If we make the feature, everyone who donates now will be given a special "thank you" in the end credits.
This film is based on the short story by Nick Antosca who is currently writing the FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot. As a novelist and staff-writer for the hit series HANNIBAL and TEEN WOLF, Nick's writing blurs the lines between surreal horror and human drama, this story is no different.
Also starring Sophie Kargman from THE GIRLFRIEND GAME.
Don't forget the unstoppable Christine Melton the proven producer of THE GIRLFRIEND GAME.
The film is co-written and directed by Bryce McGuire. If you're a fan of atmospheric horror films and gritty magical realism check his work HERE.
Where will your money go?
We are doing everything we can to keep this film focused and manageable but there's still costs when it comes to safety and quality.
Here's some specific things your money will go toward
- Renting the right camera and more importantly the right lenses (anyone into anamorphic!?)
- Finding a rural vacation home surrounded by orange groves where the story takes place. Breath in and smell the citrus.
- Feeding and transporting the crew.
- Production Insurance! We want everyone volunteering their talent, time and equipment to be protected. The story is dangerous, the production should not be.
- A great VFX artist. Lets face it, if were making a film about a bizarre alien invasion, we want to experience something we've never seen before. That's why we're talking to top-level artists to create "The Objects" that fall from the sky.
Risks and challenges
If you're reading this far, thank you for taking the time to investigate this project. I hope some aspect of this madness got you as excited as we are. Any contribution seriously helps, and if you can't spare fifteen bucks, consider sharing this page with cool, movie-loving friends in your networks.
Soon I will be gone and possibly eaten,
- (22 days)