About this project
Please vote 'yes!' for Queen's Crown on
Queen's Crown is an interactive choose-your-own-adventure type of story that uses graphics and music for maximum immersion. You BECOME the young princess as she secures her seat on the throne and struggles through the beginning of her reign.
It is inspired heavily by different books and video games in the medieval fantasy genre, including George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, and Bioware's Dragon Age series.
There is also a strong romantic element as a large portion of the game is devoted to the player's potential suitors and how she interacts with them.
Queen's Crown will be sold as a commercial project via Steam and the funds will hopefully allow Agashi to put out more visual novels in the future without needing Kickstarter.
Still not completely convinced? Why not give the free demo a try? It features the first five weeks of the game - an ample introduction that will give you an idea of the writing quality and overall art style you can expect from the completed product.
Download here: https://agashi.itch.io/queens-crown
Please note that some of the art is subject to change based on the amount of funding we end up with. The backgrounds in particular will likely be different.
Our main cast is made up of:
Many more colorful characters inhabit the kingdom of Sinado, ready to help (or hinder) you down the path of power.
- A highly interactive story with choices branching out at nearly every opportunity. Some of these choices cause the entire story to change, while others simply effect how other characters will respond to you.
- A stat-raising system that determines how charming, clever, or strong your Queen-to-be is. Watch out, though! Those stats will sometimes effect how other characters see and interact with you.
- Three unique romances that span the course of the game and branch into different endings depending on your choices.
- Original music, art, and graphics provided by talented artists.
- A nameable protagonist to serve as the player's personal avatar.
Other features, such as a fully customizable princess and additional art assets, may be included later on if stretch goals are reached. The breakdown is as follows:
- At $4000 - The game will be fully funded, but please keep in mind that this will only cover the bare bones of production. $2500 will go toward paying the artists, $250 toward music, $750 toward programming, and the remaining $500 toward marketing and PR. The cost difference between the game budget and Kickstarter fees will come out of my own pocket. FUNDED!
- At $7500 - The costs of implementing a fully customizable player character are a little steep, unfortunately. It involves creating multiple different layers for the sprites, some tricky code to incorporate them correctly, and many, MANY more CGs to take the character's appearance into account. At this stretch goal, the Kickstarter fees should also be covered. FUNDED!
- At $8200 - A fourth romance option will be added, complete with sprites, CGs, and music! Backers and fans who follow us on facebook will be able to vote on whether or not this will be Desmond - the surly Horsemaster - or Nadia - the eccentric Stablemistress. Perhaps it could even be some combination of the two...? FUNDED!
- At $9500 - Extra event CGs will be added, along with beautiful hand-drawn BGs. FUNDED!
- At $10000 - Sprites will be added for even the minor characters, further fleshing out the world of Queen's Crown. FUNDED!
- At $11000 - Not only will we be able to make the game look and sound the way it finally deserves, we will create a custom website devoted to the game where players can talk and discuss on forums, engage with the creators, and even post fanworks if they feel so inclined! FUNDED!!!
- At $13000+ - We can start to move forward on a sequel project. The sequel will focus on an entirely new character whose story will span the events of Queen's Crown, behind-the-scenes. There's so much more to this world than meets the eye...
Risks and challenges
Things happen during a game's production. There's no way around this. We will try to address any problems quickly, so that the overall production is not delayed too much, and we're allowing for a longer overall production schedule, especially since many of the people working on the project have day jobs. We also have several people in mind as capable back-ups, should the need to replace certain assets arise.
It is also worth mentioning that Queen's Crown is different from most commercial otome games on the market. There is a strong focus on politics and mature dramatic themes like infidelity, miscarriage, and death. We try to handle these in a thoughtful, realistic manner that doesn't gloss over them, but they may cause discomfort for some people.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)