Here where the azure sea meets the the blue sky, my heart beats in time with the lapping of the waves. . . nothing is pressing. Life is too short. Anything important can be summed up in the brevity of a sun-kissed afternoon or the tidal pull of each wave of passion.
OK, get real........but life on the Amalfi Coast is really like that. Toss in attempted kidnapping in Rome, romance by the roadside, some good food and great wine and you've got my life.
What will happen if you toss some cyber change into the virtual fountain:
* I can publish the book across all formats, e-books and the old-fashioned page-turner.
* Get the word out - it's not cheap to run a publicity campaign. Just ask the nuts running for President.
* Create Team Amalfi Blue with tees and book totes to haul around your e-Reader or book
* Videos, stills, stylists - it takes un villagio to make me look this hot!
* check back for a special PATRON of the ARTS SURPRISE reward level on August 31, 2012
If I beat my project goal by at least 200% then I can also:
* Hire a "big guns" publicist - they earn more than lawyers!
* Maybe translate "Amalfi Blue" into the mother tongue on the off chance that gli uomini italiani might actually open the book, read and learn a thing or two.
What can you expect & when:
Assuming the stars align properly and we're totally funded and good to go in October, all thanks to your cyber coin-tossing, then "Amalfi Blue" will be on bookshelves & cyber-shelves by January 2013.
I know it's a lot to believe in an unknown but heck, you know I can write......at least the head honchos at CBS and NBC thought I could and that must be worth something. For those of you not quite familiar with my journalistic prowess, I am an award-winning journalist, having served as a writer, reporter, producer and anchor at both flagship news radio stations in NY and at the NBC Radio Networks........not to mention having taught journalism at my alma mater, Syracuse University, & numerous other NY colleges. Oh, and did I mention that I am also a lawyer and the Amalfi Coast travel concierge at Wanderlust Women Travel? Not enough hours in the day!
I truly hope you will enjoy reading this as much as I learned from writing it. I also appreciate each and every person who supports me, hoping to not only make my goal, but best it by 200%.
I can do this with help from Team Amalfi Blue - please spread the word. Tweet, chat, Facebook, telephone, walkie-talkie, stone tablets, whatever it takes to passa parole.
Your credit card will not be charged by Amazon unless I make the goal........which I know I can with help from each and every one of you.
- (44 days)